You know what really grinds my gears...

kojiko said:
Fake bags. It's an epidemic!

Actually, fake bags just make me laugh. Especially the really *obvious* ones. Says a lot about a person's character, too. Either you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer for not knowing your new Speedy 30 for $30 was not the real thing, or you are trying to impress the clueless masses by the plastered logos. And *that* makes me laugh, a lot. I see so many girls that proudly wear their faux bags around, sometimes the fakeness reaks so bad that a blind man's dog could spot it, and I just want to point out a finger and laugh histerically in their faces. Pretend to be wealthy though you're not? L-A-M-E. :suspiciou

I also hate when they try to rub it in your face that they have a "designer bag" lol. There was this one incident where I was shopping and this girl with a fake bag got lost and wandered into Neiman Marcus lol. Anyway, I had a Tod's bag on, which doesn't have monograms plastered all over it so she didn't recognize it...in any case she keeps snobbing me trying to show off her bag *roflmao*.

I can't stand the stupid nextel "where you at?" walkie talkie cell phones. Now I have to hear both sides of the conversation! Anytime I go to a diner for breakfast, there is always some stupid jerk yammering on his walkie talkie, with the person he is actually dining with being ignored.

Why don't people have a sense of etiquette anymore? I define class mainly by the consideration a person has for others, even strangers. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen women carrying a fine bag (with shoes to match), being rude to a salesperson or pushing her way to the front of a queue. Why is it that people have all the money they need, but no manners? In my mind, they are still trash.

Noriko said:
I also hate when they try to rub it in your face that they have a "designer bag" lol. There was this one incident where I was shopping and this girl with a fake bag got lost and wandered into Neiman Marcus lol. Anyway, I had a Tod's bag on, which doesn't have monograms plastered all over it so she didn't recognize it...in any case she keeps snobbing me trying to show off her bag *roflmao*.

I agree! There was this girl at Gamestop (just yesterday), here I am looking for my weekly game fix and this girl carrying a fake white Gucci p'leather (plastic leather LOL) bag in the shape of a LV Ellipse Petit Modèle struts herself in front of me, in the side of me, heck everywhere!!! Here I am just wearing my Gucci Tote (not even minding she had a fake...it was ok)...until...she came alittle bit closer to me. Then when she saw it didn’t look like hers (fake) she spun around and (accidentally / supposedly "unintentionally") hit me with the side of her bag. My bag took most of the hit. But what a b*tch!!! Fudge her man! She didn't even say sorry.

Chemlex-- the walkie talkies make me sooo angry! They are everywhere. When I go out with Vlad for a nice dinner.. i hear them!! Drives me crazyy!!

And I think overall class has diminished- people don't know proper manners or how to behave. Just because you have something designer doesn't mean you have class.

And I think it is any woman or man's decision to carry a fake bag. Their choice! BUT if they want to act like they are king of the world with it and push around (same with someone with a real designer bag) then they have it coming for them!! Makes me soo mad!

Megs, I totally agree that overall class has diminished - some people think that if they make enough money to appear well-off, they don't have to exhibit patience, kindness, and etiquette towards others.

I guess manners just aren't very important to our society anymore. I think it is because not many people actually raise their children anymore. They pay other people to do it, and expect the school system to teach their kids everything they need to know to make it in the world. All I know is that when I have kids, I will make it a point to teach them etiquette. I'll probably hold their first bike hostage until they learn the right way to get into an elevator, or how to step outside a restaurant to make a phone call.

chemlex said:
Megs, I totally agree that overall class has diminished - some people think that if they make enough money to appear well-off, they don't have to exhibit patience, kindness, and etiquette towards others.

I guess manners just aren't very important to our society anymore. I think it is because not many people actually raise their children anymore. They pay other people to do it, and expect the school system to teach their kids everything they need to know to make it in the world. All I know is that when I have kids, I will make it a point to teach them etiquette. I'll probably hold their first bike hostage until they learn the right way to get into an elevator, or how to step outside a restaurant to make a phone call.

I couldn't agree with you more. It does stem back to the parents. My mom made the decision not to work and have an entire other income for my family so she could help raise us (I know sometimes that isn't possibly monetarily, but if it is possible it should be done). Many parents just send their kids off with the nanny or ship them off to boarding school letting someone else raise them. Just because some people have money, they chose to be pushy and rude and expect everything to be handed to them on a platter- well, I have a news flash- that ain't happenin! Life is not ALWAYS that way, and hopefully, things turn around and do not revolve around money. You can't take money to the grave, but you sure can take pride, dignity, morals, class, happiness, love, and patience.

i hate:

*people who chew gum with their mouths open
*fake bags
*people who drive slowly
*people who think just because you have money you're handicapped and will never get anywhere in life
*people who have no general education and think brazil is just a form of waxing
*shallow people
*rude people
*people who have no manners
*commercial breaks
*people who want to give their children "original" names and therefore screw up their kids' lives (Tierrainney Mackanzie is not a name!!!)

oh i could go on forever....

p.s: vlad - i immediately thought of peter griffin when i read the topic :smile:

*JJ* said:
i hate:

*people who chew gum with their mouths open
*fake bags
*people who drive slowly
*people who think just because you have money you're handicapped and will never get anywhere in life
*people who have no general education and think brazil is just a form of waxing
*shallow people
*rude people
*people who have no manners
*commercial breaks
*people who want to give their children "original" names and therefore screw up their kids' lives (Tierrainney Mackanzie is not a name!!!)

oh i could go on forever....

p.s: vlad - i immediately thought of peter griffin when i read the topic :smile:

Awesome list JJ-- I think we should keep this thread going! :idea:

People touching my hair (with no permission).
I just feel people touching my hair behind my back.
Atleast ask for my permission. :sad: