YES! im getting my first Hermes bag for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont think shes a troll. Shes probably a girl that either is really getting this bags and doesnt know what they are exactly called so she is using the best thing she can think to describe what the look like... hence the "pirates" spy. Or shes a girl that sees all of the fabulous collections of all the fabulous members of this forum and wants to fit in with everyone else. Believe me I am plenty jealous of half you guys because you have all these bags that I can only dream about since most of my collection of designer bags are from my mother who cant carry them anymore because of her neck.

but back to the question... At 14 years old stick to your other bags that are more "youth friendly" then with a Hermes which is sophisticated and more mature. Stick with the designers you mentioned you already have those are pefect for your age for the most part. Also do you realize how expensive this hermes will be? Because its going to be insanely expensive and I dont know if you want to be, at 14, carrying around a bag thats worth so much.

but anyways come back if you are reading this. I dont think anyone really means to sound so harsh. its just our lovely Hermes girls are so educated in the skins of the bags and all the different aspects that you cant blame them for pointing the fact that there is no such thing as a peacock bag.

Just remember that this forum is filled with woman (and men) that love there designers and their purses/handbags/bags. No matter your collection just join the fun of this forum. there are so many kids your age on here so you wont feel out of place or anything. If you want to talk or ask something just send me a private message if you dont feel comfortable replying yet we can talk :yes:.

i think it's quite dangerous for a young girl to be carrying around such an expensive item. it could get her hurt if someone really wants to take it from her, god forbid. stick with the entry level designers like Kooba, Anna Corrina, Gusto, Bulga, etc. it's much more age appropriate.

WOw....look how this thread has grown!!!! And the OP has never come back....:Push: I don't think she is a troll...she's only 14 years old....of course she's not gonna know the exact names of her bags. Yet, I'm also not sure she has what she says she does. She may just wanna reaction...who knows...

My teen is allowed very limited access to the computer for other than school related work during school days so the OP may not have been back for a similar reason or perhaps she decided that this was not the kind of environment where she would find the help she was looking for.

Wow, 14...I cannot imagine what I would have done with a Birkin at 14...but I can only hope that you appreciate it... and because of the "purse-speak" listed in the rest of your post, I think that you will! Do not worry about what other people think, I got my first LV speedy at a young age(though my older sister have never forgiven me). Congrats and you BETTER post pictures!!!

To the other posters: please leave this little girl alone, she clearly has a collection that we may hurt someone for or really needs some attention( which I hope that she finds off of the Net)... This is the internet and though we may wish that we had more control over people posting here, we do not... The kid may be "taking us for a ride" but calling her a troll is a little uncalled for (and really, isn't it a bit juvenile?). As someone who was new to high-end lines when I first started here, I really found support from the other members( and most of the people posting here were VERY understanding) and hope that this continues to be a welcoming place for newbies and fashionistas alike!

because i couldn't afford a hermes birkin in my wildest dreams !!! (Actually i wouldn't personally want one as not my style but I'd love the money to go towards another bag!!!)

I'm not sure at 14 yrs that I would have appreciated the value of, and workmanship that goes into one of these bags -but that's a decision to be made by the parents.

If the post is genuine, good luck to you and look after that bag!!! :wlae:

I love my Hermes.

i think it's quite dangerous for a young girl to be carrying around such an expensive item. it could get her hurt if someone really wants to take it from her, god forbid. stick with the entry level designers like Kooba, Anna Corrina, Gusto, Bulga, etc. it's much more age appropriate.

I think it would depend on where you live at.

Where I live at having high end bags doesn't mean you are going to get jumped. I've seen teens with very expensive bags. My daughter has a nice collection and she is only 16.

This thread has not been very kind to her. She may have come here to learn but she has been treated unfairly. A lot of different people come to this site. Some already know a lot about bags and some come here to learn, I am guessing that she saw a bag she liked, tried to explain what she was looking for in the hope that she would find some help but instead encountered ridicule. It is sad.
:rolleyes:

It didn't sound like she was LOOKING for a peacock birkin. From what she said she is getting it for Christmas and came on here to brag about that and the fact that she is fourteen. Like someone else said I think she just wanted to get a reaction or come on here and perhaps pretend.

I'm kind of surprised though at the reactions of people. I guess for me the original post was just never really believable. I don't think using the troll smilie is all that harsh either. I think most people on here are welcoming to new members who are legit. Even when they are much younger.

The kid may be "taking us for a ride" but calling her a troll is a little uncalled for (and really, isn't it a bit juvenile?).

This may be a mis-communication -- in the online world, a "troll" is not the little obnoxious creature of folkloric fame. It is simply an attention-seeker who intentionally posts controversial messages in an online community, with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response. The word is derived from the sport fishing technique of trolling, and isn't particularly juvenile or harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.