xxx Chanel Luxury bowling bag. xxx

hi all, i was never attracted to the lux line until I saw the bronze deerskin bowling bag. Do you think it is user-friendly, comfortable to put on shoulder and durable/easy to maintain?? Do you think it is versatile and goes with lots of things?? Do you think it is too trendy that a few seasons later it will be "out"? I don't want a trendy "it" bag, with that money I want something that can last longer both style and quality wise! I have also heard someone said that the bag would loss its shape and "sag" once you take the tissue paper out and put your stuff in??? is that true? Sorry i have lots of questions!!

hikarupanda said:
hi all, i was never attracted to the lux line until I saw the bronze deerskin bowling bag. Do you think it is user-friendly, comfortable to put on shoulder and durable/easy to maintain?? Do you think it is versatile and goes with lots of things?? Do you think it is too trendy that a few seasons later it will be "out"? I don't want a trendy "it" bag, with that money I want something that can last longer both style and quality wise! I have also heard someone said that the bag would loss its shape and "sag" once you take the tissue paper out and put your stuff in??? is that true? Sorry i have lots of questions!!

I can speak for some of your questions.

The bag is user-friendly in that it is very easy to get in and out of. It is not a true shoulder bag; it feels better on the forearm. I have to tuck it behind me when on the shoulder because when hanging down, it feels like a loaf of bread under the arm. The deerskin leather looks like it is going to be very durable and hold up well; it's thick, richly textured and will not scratch.

As for the bag losing its shape, mine doesn't sag when my things are in it. There is a little give, but it doesn't sag like my Speedy 30. The deerskin leather is thicker than the calf and goatskin of last season so perhaps that's the reason for less give, but it could also be that as the leather breaks in it will sag more.

I don't think the shape is trendy at all. Mine is black, but I'm thinking the bronze will be a color that goes with a lot and won't look outdated because it is not "in your face" flashy bronze.

joia said:
Mrssparkles,

If you decide to get the medium bowler tomorrow, could you let me know? If I'm not wrong it's priced at SGD$3900 right?

Hi joia,
I picked up my bronze bowler today. It's absolutely gorgeous. I left home today without a handbag, and stuffed my wallet, sunshades, keys & mobile phone into my gym bag, thinking I would just use it right away the moment I lay my hands on it. I didn't have the chance to do that. I was so happy, I rushed home to admire the bag in the privacy of my own home. Love it. :yahoo: :yahoo: The bronze bowler is so pretty with the chain embedded into the leather. Very chic.

The deerskin zipped tote that I was lusting after, has also arrived at the store. It is HUGE! Very boxy & probably another 1/3 larger than the medium bowler. So much so, that it can be used as a gym bag. It would not be easy using that as a shoulder bag because of its width.

My SA told me 2 ladies went into the store earlier today, requesting to see the bronze bowler. Wonder who might that be? :graucho:

You asked for the price - it is S$3,940. (approx. US$2,460) It seemed only 10 pieces were shipped in. There weren't be anymore. After this set of Fall 06 bags, there will be Act II coming in Sep > another whole new collection ....;)

mrssparkles said:
Hi joia,
I picked up my bronze bowler today. It's absolutely gorgeous. I left home today without a handbag, and stuffed my wallet, sunshades, keys & mobile phone into my gym bag, thinking I would just use it right away the moment I lay my hands on it. I didn't have the chance to do that. I was so happy, I rushed home to admire the bag in the privacy of my own home. Love it. :yahoo: :yahoo: The bronze bowler is so pretty with the chain embedded into the leather. Very chic.

The deerskin zipped tote that I was lusting after, has also arrived at the store. It is HUGE! Very boxy & probably another 1/3 larger than the medium bowler. So much so, that it can be used as a gym bag. It would not be easy using that as a shoulder bag because of its width.

My SA told me 2 ladies went into the store earlier today, requesting to see the bronze bowler. Wonder who might that be? :graucho:

You asked for the price - it is S$3,940. (approx. US$2,460) It seemed only 10 pieces were shipped in. There weren't be anymore. After this set of Fall 06 bags, there will be Act II coming in Sep > another whole new collection ....;)

Hi Mrssparkles,

Congrats on your new bag! I want one too! :Push:

How does the deerskin zipped tote look like? Is it on the chanel website? And do you know the price?

Also, do you mind letting me know who's your SA? Seems like your SA is much more competent in getting you what you want... maybe I'll look for him/her!

Please let me know...Thanks so much!

Hey mrssparkles,

My SA in SG actually showed me the Bronze Metallic Bowler when I was back in SG (could be yours) but I turned it down because I felt the Black (and it's on it's way from Paris!! :yahoo: ) had a more shinier Metallic Sheen compared to the Bronze. My hubby said I looked BLAH carrying the Bronze...:shrugs: , so I ordered a BLACK instead.

But you look fabulous carrying it!! :yes: ...I really think there are different bags made for different people! :lol: It looks great on you I must say!

I have left SG... so I'm curious if your SA (and I think I know who he is 'cos not that many male SAs there...) informed you if there are new Luxury Bag colours coming for FALL or CRUISE?....My heart is now wandering.....:graucho: