***WTF am I sposed to do?***

Ok I am mortified that you are being counseled to deceive your mom even more by fixing it behind her back!! As a mom, I would rather you fess up what you did, show me the damage, and offer to pay it and accept the punishment for your actions. The damage is fixable, but the damage of a lie might not be repairable. Tell your mom the truth and take your lumps.

Ok I am mortified that you are being counseled to deceive your mom even more by fixing it behind her back!! As a mom, I would rather you fess up what you did, show me the damage, and offer to pay it and accept the punishment for your actions. The damage is fixable, but the damage of a lie might not be repairable. Tell your mom the truth and take your lumps.

ITA!!! I believe that honesty is the best policy. I would just tell her and get it over with, rather than carry around all the stress and anxiety of hiding it from her, not worth it. Good luck!

I'm with you on this one, Selena. :yes:

A coat can be repaired. Trust in your child is not so easily repaired. If you don't behave like an ADULT about this and own up to first having the party and then facing up to the damage done to her coat, she has every right to ream you a few new ones. I know I would. And trust me, if you pull anything slick (like the "Gee Ma, don't know HOW it happened" advice), you deserve double reaming, because trust me, she will find out what happened. Take it like man.

Yes, I'm a mom of a 20 year old.....:cursing:

If you don't behave like an ADULT about this and own up to first having the party and then facing up to the damage done to her coat, she has every right to ream you a few new ones.

ITA. You're going to have some relationship repair work to do; I'd start by 'fessing up and throwing yourself on her mercy.

Maybe it was PETA. Gotta say that I'm horrified that people still wear these coats and are okay with sacrificing these beautiful animals all in the name of fashion. It's just sad.

Sorry you feel that way. But its her choice and I support my mother %100 percent and I love all her coats their really are a piece of art. She wars them all with such style and I love her soo much thats why I went through all this cuz I respect her too much and would hate to see her mad.

But I have decided to take the fall and get it fixed and tell her what happened. She might be upset but I really am suck with this one so tomorrow I will tell her whats going on.

P.S you are on a fashion forum :smile:

Sorry you feel that way. But its her choice and I support my mother %100 percent and I love all her coats their really are a piece of art. She wars them all with such style and I love her soo much thats why I went through all this cuz I respect her too much and would hate to see her mad.

But I have decided to take the fall and get it fixed and tell her what happened. She might be upset but I really am suck with this one so tomorrow I will tell her whats going on.

P.S you are on a fashion forum :smile:

I think you're doing the right thing. :yes:

ITA! :yes:

Well done. Your mom will feel better if you fess up, knowing she's raising a son who has been taught to do the right thing! She will trust you more in the future. Good luck!

thanks everyone lol sorry this has become such a big deal lol I didn't mean for it too, just maby a quick fix or something but I realized this could become a bigger problem if I lie about it. :smile:

Congrats on doing the right thing.

Yes, I am on a fashion forum and to me, fashion does not equal FUR. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to fashion, I just wish that animals could speak for themselves and since they cannot, I will take the stand for them! No person or animal deserves to be killed in the name of fashion. That is just murder. IMO! Nothing personal to your Mum or you.
Good luck.

Good for you Mike! Tell her and apologize and try to give her a big hug once she tears up (I am attached to all my coats-even though they are not as pricey as hers, I love coats!) She will appreciate you trying to make amends and hopefully her friend at the fur shop will get it fixed Good luck!