Wristwatches - what do you wear?

I'm wearing these because I'm indecisive and couldn't decide which one to keep. I've asked this question on a watch forum where I think I got answers mainly from men who mostly never heard of Michele.
Seeking for votes from the ladies here please help me decide. Thank you!!

For reference I wear both silver and gold jewelry all the time and sometimes I mix them.
View attachment 5965064View attachment 5965065
Two-tone Seiko looks really nice

Reactions: heart_chanel
I'm wearing these because I'm indecisive and couldn't decide which one to keep. I've asked this question on a watch forum where I think I got answers mainly from men who mostly never heard of Michele.

For reference I wear both silver and gold jewelry all the time and sometimes I mix them.
Since you wear both gold and silver tones and sometimes mix them, I would go with stainless steel seiko. IMO only, single toned metal is more chic. But, I’m a bit biased in that I remember the two tone craze from the 1980s, and this is very reminiscent.

I pick seiko bc it is a watch maker, and I think it might hold up better as an every day watch. I think of Michele watches as more of a fun fashion accessory. :smile: JMO

Reactions: foxgal
Since you wear both gold and silver tones and sometimes mix them, I would go with stainless steel seiko. IMO only, single toned metal is more chic. But, I’m a bit biased in that I remember the two tone craze from the 1980s, and this is very reminiscent.

I pick seiko bc it is a watch maker, and I think it might hold up better as an every day watch. I think of Michele watches as more of a fun fashion accessory. :smile: JMO
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me decide. Def help puts a good perspective for me 🙂 really appreciate it!!

• Thanks
Reactions: foxgal and 880

I vote for the two tone Michele watch. I think it looks sleeker than the Seiko with the Roman numeral markers. I may be bias though because I have a few Michele watches that I love, including a similar two tone. I also like to mix metals and think the two tone works well for that.

I’m wearing this one today. I love colorful stone dials.

I am thinking about adding a vintage Piaget precious stone dial watch next, but I need to do more research about servicing and whether they are up to regular wear. Does anyone have one they can post a photo of or give input in the appropriate thread? I have read all of the threads on tpf and some on the watch forum sites as well. It sounds like they are great about servicing their watches and keep older parts in stock for repairs if needed.

For a jewelry watch, a vintage stone dial Piaget watch would fit all of my desires for my next watch (stone dial, jewelry look, vintage/retro style), but I also use a watch throughout the day to tell time, so it needs to be somewhat reliable (meaning that it stays running ok, does not need to be extremely accurate) and not extremely hard to set. I’m not worried about extreme accuracy because I always set my watch 3-5 minutes fast anyway. It does make me laugh when I set a Rolex etc, where a main reason to choose the brand is extreme accuracy, and I am intentionally setting the incorrect time!

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 47
This is what I'm wearing these days. My good old TAG. I love this watch and I've had it for over 20 years and it's still in excellent condition. I recently sold my Rolex because to be honest, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I lost interest and realized it wasn't me. I prefer larger men's watches, and my Rolex was only a 36mm, which although was a good fit for me, I just always wished I got a 41mm instead. Live and learn. I don't miss it.

TAG.jpg

I've been wearing a rolex for a lot of years too and getting tired of it.
This is what I'm wearing these days. My good old TAG. I love this watch and I've had it for over 20 years and it's still in excellent condition. I recently sold my Rolex because to be honest, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I lost interest and realized it wasn't me. I prefer larger men's watches, and my Rolex was only a 36mm, which although was a good fit for me, I just always wished I got a 41mm instead. Live and learn. I don't miss it.

View attachment 5983734
I'm having a similar feeling about my rolex....how/where did you sell yours? I thought about the rolex forum but I'm having trouble logging on there to look for a local person who buys/sells
Your watch looks great - and very easy to read

Reactions: Pop Art Suzy