Wristwatches - what do you wear?

That is very helpful, thank you!
A Daytona is on my list, but at that price point and buy-in requirement, I would baby it and not use it to exercise with.

I appreciate the specific recommendations, that is helpful. I looked up the Tissot PRC 100, but I think the numbers on the chronograph are a little small for me to see while running. Basically I just need something that I can glance at quickly while running to check if I am at an hour +/- when I finish up my loop, and then I get in my car and go home! I am also a little unusual, but I prefer to exercise with metal bands vs rubber, they feel less icky if they get sweaty and actually seem easier to deep clean every now and then. With Garmin watches and Apple watches, I would just throw out the band every few months because they would get dirty.

I’m not worried about being mugged at all, I wear all of my jewelry when running, but it is always cold here, so long sleeves and gloves are worn 9-10 months of the year.
Thank you for the input!
I was going to suggest a chronograph. I don't run.. ever! But I wear a Breitling Colt Quartz Chronograph and use it every evening for timing when cooking! Relatively inexpensive and a stainless bracelet, the dials are fairly easy to see too if that helps.IMG_0555.jpeg

I was going to suggest a chronograph. I don't run.. ever! But I wear a Breitling Colt Quartz Chronograph and use it every evening for timing when cooking! Relatively inexpensive and a stainless bracelet, the dials are fairly easy to see too if that helps.View attachment 5950326
Thank you! The chronograph option opens up a whole new list of possibilities. It seems like a very straightforward way of timing while sticking with a traditional watch. Your Breitling looks great!

Reactions: Tonimichelle
Hi! Friendly reminder to stick to topic, sharing the watches we wear. Lots of other threads to discuss which watch to buy next or general watch chat.
Thanks!
:tender:
Thanks Swanky! I am definitely not trying to be sassy, but can you recommend the best thread for discussion about watches? I wasn’t sure if this was a watch chat/recommendations thread also, but now I realize it isn’t.

There's a ton of threads already started asking which watch to get. Any of them are great to jump in for opinions, or you can start your own. There's currently 25 pages of watch threads, a search of titles should help find the best thread for any off topic discussion, and you're welcome to start a new thread if the topic doesn't exist! :cutesy:

This one is pretty specific asking which watch are you wearing, it's not a shopping/opinion thread :smile:

I was going to suggest a chronograph. I don't run.. ever! But I wear a Breitling Colt Quartz Chronograph and use it every evening for timing when cooking! Relatively inexpensive and a stainless bracelet, the dials are fairly easy to see too if that helps.View attachment 5950326
That’s beautiful! If I didn’t have spindly twig wrists I’d be sorely tempted.

I now have 3 watches that I wear regularly.

For kayaking, SUP, swimming and heavy garden work I wear a Luminox small Leatherback Turtle; fairly fugly on my puny wrists but it is bomb-proof, easy to read and I use it to time my exercise. I also wear it at night sometimes if I’m going through an insomniac phase as I can see what the time is without reaching for my phone.

For over 13 years until last December, I wore the small, steel Cartier Tank every day. I have an old Raymond Weil Tango I wore when it was back with Cartier for servicing. The Tank really suits me and goes with everything. It is pretty robust so a brilliant everyday watch. It is quartz however and for a few years I’ve thought I might like an automatic mechanical movement. However, my wrists are tiny and I can’t really go about a 34mm diameter watch case which is very limiting. After some searching I bought my most recent watch…

Blancpain Ladybird Quantieme Complet. I’m going to do a separate post to bore on about this watch and the wider Blancpain offering at under 35mm case size. It’s a 33mm diameter automatic timepiece with 100 hours power reserve, full calendar and moonphase. I’m so pleased with it and I’m wearing it most of the time at the moment but I’ll probably revert to the Tank for a lot of holidays as it has the steel bracelet so I can swim in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8586.jpeg
    IMG_8586.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8591.jpeg
    IMG_8591.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 91
I now have 3 watches that I wear regularly.

For kayaking, SUP, swimming and heavy garden work I wear a Luminox small Leatherback Turtle; fairly fugly on my puny wrists but it is bomb-proof, easy to read and I use it to time my exercise. I also wear it at night sometimes if I’m going through an insomniac phase as I can see what the time is without reaching for my phone.

For over 13 years until last December, I wore the small, steel Cartier Tank every day. I have an old Raymond Weil Tango I wore when it was back with Cartier for servicing. The Tank really suits me and goes with everything. It is pretty robust so a brilliant everyday watch. It is quartz however and for a few years I’ve thought I might like an automatic mechanical movement. However, my wrists are tiny and I can’t really go about a 34mm diameter watch case which is very limiting. After some searching I bought my most recent watch…

Blancpain Ladybird Quantieme Complet. I’m going to do a separate post to bore on about this watch and the wider Blancpain offering at under 35mm case size. It’s a 33mm diameter automatic timepiece with 100 hours power reserve, full calendar and moonphase. I’m so pleased with it and I’m wearing it most of the time at the moment but I’ll probably revert to the Tank for a lot of holidays as it has the steel bracelet so I can swim in it.
Your Blancpain Ladybird Quantieme Complet is so stunning! I am going to look it up right now!
Your Cartier tank is so classy also. Per the recommendations here I started looking at some Tank Chronograph watches for exercise. Do you find the dial hard to read since it is smaller?
I will add a photo later of my watch of the day!

Attachments

• IMG_8155.jpeg
    IMG_8155.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I just wore this for running and looked at the start time and figured out the end time, as suggested. It worked fine! The color contrast and 31 size made reading it easy enough. Next on my list is a chronograph watch or another numbered bezel watch (is there a name for this type of watch with a numbered bezel, like my Sub or other sport watches?).

Attachments

• IMG_8200.jpeg
    IMG_8200.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 110