Would you rather have 1 Hermes or several other bags?

Recently I've only been taking a matte croc BV shoulder bag. It's so easy. Soft, and I don't worry about it. In the summer...I pretty much just took my JPG...easy to wear.

Oh Wow! My daughter just got her 1st college acceptance letter!

While it is practical to sell "other" bags in order to get "just one Hermes" bag, for me it doesn't feel right. I mean Hermes is uber luxury brand and its client should not have to "sell his last shirt" so to speak it order to buy THAT BAG. Hermes client should be able to indulge with ease, IMO. Otherwise the whole buying experience is not the same...I must add in a perfect world, of course :rolleyes:.
I myself do love my Hermes bags and accessories very much but would never deprive myself of pleasure buying other designer handbags that I happen to like each new season. I'm a true believer that a woman CAN look GREAT and GRAND NOT ONLY carrying her Hermes bag.
In any case, I would not rather have just 1 Hermes bag over several...:P

While it is practical to sell "other" bags in order to get "just one Hermes" bag, for me it doesn't feel right. I mean Hermes is uber luxury brand and its client should not have to "sell his last shirt" so to speak it order to buy THAT BAG. Hermes client should be able to indulge with ease, IMO. Otherwise the whole buying experience is not the same...I must add in a perfect world, of course :rolleyes:.
I myself do love my Hermes bags and accessories very much but would never deprive myself of pleasure buying other designer handbags that I happen to like each new season. I'm a true believer that a woman CAN look GREAT and GRAND NOT ONLY carrying her Hermes bag.
In any case, I would not rather have just 1 Hermes bag over several...:P

lol, sorry...I'm not at the point in my life where I can drop nearly $10K on a handbag without thinking twice, if you know what I mean. I'm a 19 year old college student and all that I buy I buy with my own money. My question isn't so much about selling everything to finance another...it's more that I don't like throwing things in the closet when I could sell them and use the money elsewhere. I don't like being wasteful. I don't feel that I would be depriving myself of other designer things...I can only use 1 bag at a time, so what's the point of having 20, kwim? Hopefully one day I'll be able to 'indulge with ease' and you're very lucky if you can...for the time being, why can't I enjoy the brand as well?

You are 3 times right, dear Kimalee^^^ and your thinking IS wise indeed. But hm...my opinion was one of a purse addict pardon, registered member of tPF, LOL

I have to say that I find myself carrying my most practical and my favorite handbag quite often. The reason I want to sell is because many have not seen the light of day in months and sometimes years.

ok i would keep the classic lv's like the speedy etc, than sell the rest and get an h bag! since you are only 19 you can think of this as a life investment!! haha look at all these hermes enablers .....;)

congrats golden's mom! my niece got 2 so far. omg i CRIED. totally lost it. i can't believe how fast they grow up and mine isn't even mine!

kimalee, quality over quantity. When I bought my first Hermes, a 32cm Black Box Retourne Kelly with gold hardware, I wore it virtually every day for three years. I had absolutely no interest in any other handbag in my closet and either consigned or gave them away. I've added more Hermes bags over the years, but if I could have just one it would be this first one.

Maybe you're talking to the wrong person (too much stuff, wanted to steamline), and maybe I put too much emphasis on luxury and investment, but I sold off all my Louis Vuitton luggage, handbags, hatboxes, Prada bags in leather and nylon, Bottega in leather and silk, and even all my Hermes Kelly bags to get hold of more Birkin bags (and then sold some of those off, which i now wish i had back). I think if you have a few unbelievable bags, you're set.

kimalee, quality over quantity. When I bought my first Hermes, a 32cm Black Box Retourne Kelly with gold hardware, I wore it virtually every day for three years. I had absolutely no interest in any other handbag in my closet and either consigned or gave them away. I've added more Hermes bags over the years, but if I could have just one it would be this first one.

everyday for 3 years? :nuts: that's incredible!