Would you rather have 1 Hermes or several other bags?

Can you really only have one bag, Hermes or not? Personally, I couldn't do it.:nogood:

right on the money (at least for me) i need different bags for diffrent occasions (like a big bag does not work with evening attire etc) if i absolutely could only have one bag at all it probably has to be a clutch cause that really works for me 24/7

Hermes don't appeal to me at all and I have never wanted one. I like a lot of bags and would never settle for having just one or two of any kind. I guess I have definite likes and dislikes and it is always a yes or a no for me and this really simplifies my life in many ways.

i am very curious if all the people who say "yes, i'll take 1 hermes" could really live with one bag. because as far as i know they all have multiple bags. so saying yes 1 hermes is really not the truth is it? because you mean- yes, you should only have hermes but you personally couldn't live with just one.

maybe a poll would be interesting- to see how many people (like merika) could truly get by with 1 bag.

Truth is, 1 bag, or many, I'm not a constant switcheroo gal. I use one bag for a while, then another. Only an evening out with a special enxemble gets a bag change.

I'm an earthtones gal, so I could wear a deep brown bag every single day, with a couple of smaller vintage clutches and such that could pinch hit. I'd rather spend my $$ on a bag I'd enjoy everyday, not just for special evenings out.

I had an older relative who I gifted a big, beautiful pillar candle with flowers in the wax. It was so lovely she said she couldn't bear to use it. I told her, use it, I'll buy you another! But when she died I visited the house with my mother and I saw the candle, never used. Not lit, not once. I vowed to myself, then and there in her house, I would burn my beautiful candles. I would wear my special scarves. I would carry my favourite handbags.

When *I* die, I plan on leaving an inheritance of well loved, well cared for, and well used things behind I enjoyed every day of my life!

And if thats ONE Hermes bag, everyone will know how much I enjoyed her, day to day. :love:

I am actually in the same position as you!! (with LV and Bal, and a spy).
I keep looking at my bags and thinking, hmm if i sell you, you and you then i could get ** a birkin** =).

But then I think well i use you and you, lol! So I have decided to not sell my entire collection, but go lower on the money scale just to get a feel for hermes goods before i jusmp right in at the deep end!

Also, i feel that a birkin, at this stage in my life would over power me! Lol, im 19 and although I love luxury goods, i still feel a hermes birkin is ust slightly ott for me as a student atm!

But, if you dont think you will regret selling your LV then go for it!

btw, Twiggers sold her entire LV collection to fund a stunning Bal collectio, and i dont think she has looked back! xx hth x

I'm 19 too lol! I used to feel the same way about Hermes...and I used to always go for quantity. But honestly, what am I supposed to do with 3 Monogram bags, you know? I only use one of them...and out of the rest, I only use my favorite and never switch...they are just lonely in my closet!

I would sell the ones that don't get used much, but wouldn't sell everything. I have a few H bags, and while I love each of them, I couldn't live with just one.
I have a few LVs that still have their place in my life--they are easy to carry, easy to care for and they go places where H just seems like too much. I also have a collection of random, functional messenger bags. I love these for the weekend--sometimes it's nice to not have to carry a bag. I wouldn't give up all of these to fund just one H.

I'm just not really interested in a lot of other bags since I got my H. I only have 3-4 bags now and the H is what I carry the most. I sold off 90% of my collection to get it and it's definitely been worth it. I've hung onto my damier Speedy 25 because it's so practical, and one large Coach bag, then one evening bag. That's all I need, and the H is so classy and functional I can use it all the time! :tup: :flowers: HTH.

When I get my Birkin...hopefully someday, fingers crossed, praying to the H bag gods, cherries on top....I will most definitely sell one of my two Tod's bags, a Dooney bag, and a Coach bag. Need one spare Tod bag for places like the nail salon, the greasy spoon, family visits, etc...:graucho:

I would definitely sell all other bags for H (especially a birkin!) and I did!
there was a good while that I only had my potiron birkin and was totally happy.
i happily used it every day.
to me, 1 birkin was worth 10 LV and still is. :0)

I like to have lots of bags to switch between. I also have a hard time letting bags go since I consider each one to be one of my children. I'm on one end of the spectrum and would rather keep all my current bags and save for an H. I can understand why others can and do sell everything else to fund an H. I think it depends on each person. Maybe you can sell a few bags and save up the rest.

I vote for 1 H rather than several others but I am keeping a few of my favorite non-H(Chloe & YSL) and selling & donating the rest.

I O'D on NM/BG/NAP trend bags, most of which I never really touched. I was re-attracted to H because I finally wanted off of the neverending merry-go-round. I'm 37 yrs old and trying to pare down. Also living in Europe for a few yrs. helped to change my view to 'less-is-more'(for almost everything - clothes, jewelry, furniture, makeup, perfume, food).

I wanted a Kelly in college but a friend talked me out of it pointing out how many non-Hs I could have purchased instead.:Push:

My husband is French and has few clothes (from my americaine viewpoint) but everything is well-cared for, neat, suits him etc. I think that influence has been rubbing off on me.

I've been moving out the things that don't thrill me. I find I appreciate & even cherish my favorite possessions even more this way.

Welcome Kimalee! Hmmm....as far as whether or not you'll regret it, I think that it's difficult to say as only you know how much you use you will get out of one bag versus having a collection and variety of LV bags to choose from. Which H-bag were you considering?

I do know that many of us here on the board have converted over to the H-side completely and wound up selling quite a few of our non-H bags to fund H ones and most, if not all, would agree that there have been no regrets in doing so. That being said, I personally wouldn't be able to live with let's say, one Birkin, as that bag does not meet all of my needs; i.e. a bag with shoulder straps would be important as would a bag more suited for evening.

Regardless, I never tire of Hermes as I did with other brands, and I know that I have an investment that definitely will last and can be repaired if needed.

I feel just the same way.

Hi Kimmalee!

Nice to see your post on the board.

I was in a similar dilemma.
I sold all my Balenciaga, Fendi, Prada so I could make room for my Bleu Jean.
I only kept a couple of sentimental bags, Fendi vintage, Dior vintage and a LV discontinued Shelton. I have a Prada messenger that is perfect for international travel. Other than that everything was sold.
And it cleans out your closet for more shoes.

Take a look at your closet if you know you havent used it in the last 2 months, it may be good for you to sell off some things.

I do not regret my decision at all, in fact I wish I did it sooner.
But if you like the variety or changing your bags daily, then stay with your system in place.