Would you let a friend borrow your bag?

i don't think i would. i never let ppl borrow my books, i absolutely need to keep my books in pristine condition. come to think of it, i would rather let a friend borrow my bags than my books. (wow i sounded like a nerd.)

i'm never really good at sharing my stuff so no? but if she has something i adore then maybe we can trade for a day? ;)

Depends on the friend and the bag. If it's a good friend who cares about bags as much as I do, then no problem, as long as it's not a balenciaga! I hate darkened handles.

yikes...i think i'm going to be pretty unpopular here, but, yes, i would lend a friend a bag no questions asked...the older i get (i'm 49) i realize that there are precious few things that are important to me other than my family and their health and my friends and their health...i love my bags and baby them and personalize them and feel very proprietary with them, but, if a friend wanted to borrow one? sure!

Wow - that's a tough one. I would have to say it depends on the bag. If it's a bag I don't really use or am thinking of letting go then I wouldn't mind but one of my beloved bags I would have to say no. I did have a friend years ago who would borrow shoes to wear one time and then by the time I got them back she had worn them everyday and they looked horrible. Ever since I've had issues with loaning shoes, bags, etc.

The only people who would ever be able to borrow a bag from me would be 1) my daughter and that would only be certain bags and 2)my PFer friend Nanaz.

I wouldnt even allow my Mom to borrow my bags.

it depends on the friend and how close we are. for example, i live with my best friend from high school. we've known each other for almost 15 years. i also know she's clumsy and has a tendency to spill things on herself especially when she's wearing white, but i would still let her borrow my bags. sounds crazy, right?

she understands how obsessive i am about my things: how i want to keep them clean and as pristine as possible. most importantly, she respects that, so i trust her to be careful with my possessions. and, hey, i know accidents happen. thankfully, nothing's happened to my bags yet on the occassions she has borrowed them - knock on wood, but if they did, i wouldn't end our friendship because of it. i value her too much to let a stain on a bag ruin our relationship. in the end, it's just a bag. she's supported be too many times when i've really needed her for me to deny her when she asks if she can borrow my chanel clutch for one night, kwim? that's not to say i would let anyone of my friends borrow my bags.

No. None of my friends understand my love towards purses and they would never spend that kind of money on a purse that I do even if they could afford it. So why should I lend them my bags then? Besides im to much of a chicken to do it. I would sit and worry until I got it back!

Also, I have to edit this. I let my friends borrow stuff from me before, not purses, but in the condition they came back in I wouldn't do it to my purses - period.

My best friends also made my purse get a stain recently after I got it and although she feels bad she doesnt really understand what the big fuss is about.

I'd only let a friend who has nice things as well borrow my bag because she knows how to take care of her own things. If they have no designer bags they will not know how to take care of them. I'd prefer to borrow or trade with them I'll let you borrow my Louis if you let me borrow your Gucci.

But its true no one will take care of my baby like I do. My sister and my friends are awesome so I'd let them.

it depends on the friend and how close we are. for example, i live with my best friend from high school. we've known each other for almost 15 years. i also know she's clumsy and has a tendency to spill things on herself especially when she's wearing white, but i would still let her borrow my bags. sounds crazy, right?

she understands how obsessive i am about my things: how i want to keep them clean and as pristine as possible. most importantly, she respects that, so i trust her to be careful with my possessions. and, hey, i know accidents happen. thankfully, nothing's happened to my bags yet on the occassions she has borrowed them - knock on wood, but if they did, i wouldn't end our friendship because of it. i value her too much to let a stain on a bag ruin our relationship. in the end, it's just a bag. she's supported be too many times when i've really needed her for me to deny her when she asks if she can borrow my chanel clutch for one night, kwim? that's not to say i would let anyone of my friends borrow my bags.

That is very nice of you. :tup: