Would you let a friend borrow your bag?

Generally, I would say no. However, I did recently let my sister borrow a Kate Spade bag and she lent me one of her Coach bags. I trust my sister because I know she takes better care of her bags than I do of mine. I'm more worried about me ruining her bag than her ruining mine!

I would never. I wouldn't mind if they tried it on in my presence, but honestly, I don't think I would lend it to them and let them out of my sight. I love my friends, but my bags are way too much of an investment. Accidents happen, and I'd rather not lose a friend over an argument because she messed up a bag I let her borrow.

I do. It makes me feel less guilty about neglecting the ones that sit in my closet by sharing the love. Ironic thing is that my best friend and sisters won't take me up on it for fear of damaging them.

Nope, Nee, Never!
Okay my mother after I explained the rules. But no one else, not with shoes, purses, and Dvd's -> most of the times i have to ask it back after months...I've learned my lessons the hard way. You want it, go buy it:devil:
I agree with Missisa 07!

What bag are we talking about (raises eyebrow):confused1:? I only trust and swap with my sister and mom. Sister bcuzz when I had no "designer" bags she let me rock her fendi. Mom because well - she ruined her figure giving birth to me.

But noone else. Esp NOT friends.

I loan out my bags all the time to my family, friends & yes sometimes strangers...lol lol...I love to share my passion of bags w/ them...I'm not one to pamper my collection that way. My motto..if you got a great bag to carry, then damn well carry it! Show it off, share it w/ friends..don't be afraid to throw it around the room a few times....have some fun w/ it all!

I loan out my bags all the time to my family, friends & yes sometimes strangers...lol lol...I love to share my passion of bags w/ them...I'm not one to pamper my collection that way. My motto..if you got a great bag to carry, then damn well carry it! Show it off, share it w/ friends..don't be afraid to throw it around the room a few times....have some fun w/ it all!
but what happens if you dont get it back or get it back damaged? i've seen how one of my buddies keeps her shoes in her closet:wtf:! needless to say she can never borrow anything of mine.

Honestly, When I loan out my bags I ask them straight-out.."If you don't plan on using this bag then I'd rather not loan it out"
If I see they are using the bag alot & if they are as proud to carry it like me, then I usually just let them keep it! My friends & family are very respectful & have good common sense most of the time to take good care it. I haven't had a bad experience yet!
**cross fingers**

If your friend asked you if she could borrow your bag, would you let her? Would she have to meet certain criteria, leave a small ransom as a deposit, or are you a "what's mine is yours" kind of pal? I have only been asked once by a friend of mine who carries LV exclusively, wanted to buy the large Musette, but wanted to carry it first before making her decision. I trust her 100%. She absolutely babies her bags. I let her borrow it. But I don't know about other people. Very sticky situation!!

Tell me your thoughts, please? Feel free to include horror stories!!!

No way! Its just like letting your friend try your shoes or sunglasses - its never the same again: stretched, scratched etc etc. If your friend wanted to know if the Mussette was for her she can try it on - the LV store would even let her try it on but she doesn't need to carry it for a week or two to decide. I love my friends but when I buy a bag or a pair of shoes etc I buy them b/c I love them and would take care of them. I don't want accidents to happen with my bags and I would never expect or let a friend replace it if it were to be ruined, so, to eliminate any such senarios, I would not let a friend borrow one of my bags.

I say yes only if this friend cares for her bags the same way you do.
If she ruins your bag, she owns it, she sounds like she can afford to replace it.

I would only go it if I trusted the friend but that trust would have had to be earned over a long friendship. I have one girlfriend who comes into mind, she carries high bags and is very careful.

Hope it works out.

BTW, how long does she want ot borrow it for, a dinner? an occasion or just an afternoon?

For me it depends! Ill lend a purse to one of my fashion savvy friends because they will take good care of it seeing as they know how amazing designer purses are. :drool: BUT...to any of my friends who couldnt care less about that sort of stuff its a major no unless Ive know them for a while. Even then Im reluctant. :rolleyes:

Nope not anymore.
The last time I gave a bag to my friend to borrow, the clutch came off it.
And it was my black Jimmy Choo clutch (Only used it about 5 times.)
So I made her pay the charge to replace the clutch on it.
Lesson learned that I will NEVER let anyone borrow a bag of mines again.