Would you keep it?

Okay, I am looking at it again and I do love the way it changes in the lighting. It is really a cool bag. Roey, do you still love your GSH Galet? RERE, you are lucky your Mom loves Bals too!

Kim, when I first pulled Galet out of the dustbag I was more excited about the leather than the color. It's neither a pop color nor an elegant color (like Anthracite) but when I started holding it up to tops in my wardrobe (I live in denim...) it matched everything.

Another thing that makes me love it so much is the style. I adore the giant city - the hardware, zippers, shoulder strap, and overall shape, plus the way it looks on me. I knew I could not have Galet in the more boring and plain (to me) Work style and that the details of the city would make such a netural color pop. I tend to only buy Cities, PTs and Works in giant HW and felt Galet looked best in the City style. I prefer the Work in GGH as SGH tends to give it more of a briefcase look with a neutral color. I do love Galet in the RH City as well. It's not a color to get excited about so I had to be excited about the style too. I don't think I will be parting with mine anytime soon, if ever.

I sold my RH Ruby Work to buy my Galet and don't regret letting go of Ruby because I just can't make the RH Work work for me. I'm after a SGH Sang City to replace it!

Last edited:
I just bought my Galet Sgh City too. I've fallen in love w/ it ever since the first time I saw it IRL, I should have bought it a long time ago, I know but wasn't able to. I never stopped thinking about it until I finally found 1 unexpectedly. Galet is the best neutral color next to black, it's so perfect w/ anything & everything in my wardrobe. I love it!

I'd say give it a couple of days. When I first saw galet IRL I thought it was quite ho hum, neither here nor there, wasn't that interested. But I couldn't stop thinking about it so a few months later I ended up buying a RH galet day. And I love it. It's a great neutral and my bag, like yours, has wonderful leather.

So I guess I'm suggesting that you take a little time to think it over. If you still don't love it in a day or two, send her back. But don't rush the decision, some colours take a little time to creep into our hearts.

Just to make sure it is indeed Galet: Here is a pic. This is the first time I have seen Galet IRL so maybe I should make sure it is what it says it is. I do like the color RERE and smell etc. and the leather is soft and broken in to smooshy pretty much. I do like the color and can see it being a very great neutral color. Will I get tired of it?

789ec0a8.jpg

2cce1698.jpg
i love it UNIM :smile: the leather is so nicely distressed...i would keep it :nuts::graucho:

umimaddicted, I love it! The colors is a beautiful neutral and the leather looks so nicely distressed. I have bought bags with and without tags. I prefer to get a bag with tags, but as long as I know it's authentic and like the bag I don't let it boother me too much. And I agree with RERE, it's more important that the shoulder strap, mirror, etc. comes with the bag.

But most importantly you must figure out if you like this bag enough to enjoy her:smile:

So I guess I'm suggesting that you take a little time to think it over. If you still don't love it in a day or two, send her back. But don't rush the decision, some colours take a little time to creep into our hearts.

^^ ita

Personally, I think your Galet is absolutely yummy :drool:

Well, like they say, "sleep on it". I woke up this morning and looked at the bag and again it just isn't wooing me. I am not off the fence with it though yet.

roey, I know that it is such a practical color and the color is so neutral so it should be just like a black as you said. I am so glad I have a couple days to think it over. I really like the way the color changes from grey to taupe and khaki. Does yours do that with the GSH? I was wondering if it was the RH color that made it do that.? I haven't ever seen this color in a bag before and it really is a color that goes with everything in my closet too!

RERE, my daughter has such good taste and I sure don't get to see her enough. She likes LV and Coach best because that is what she sees carried the most where she is at. I loved buying her LV and Coach bags but now she is married and won't let me indulge her very much anymore. I get to see her in March and am going to try again to see if she will try a Bal.

drati, maybe I would love it in a day since that is my favorite style. Funny, I feel like I should keep it since it is so very practical. I am thinking though that it will become my favorite bag and that is so weird that I just have that feeling, without the rush I usually feel from a colored bag.

imlvholic, My first impression when I saw it was that I loved it. Then as a little time went on, I wasn't so sure. I haven't ever had this happen before. This would be the perfect color in a jacket and the perfect color for a pair of ballerina shoes.

Wow!! I put this bag (Galet) up my sweater and tops that are colors like sang, indigo, and sapin colors and oh, my gosh! It is beautiful. Weird how the bag looks amazing with jewel tones. I am just so used to having the pop of the bag ( my colored bags) with my neutral clothing, like greys, brown, blacks and taupes which I wear a lot but I haven't ever thought to have a bag that is neutral taupe to go so well with my colored clothing. MMMMmmmm, I really like the bag when the khaki color comes out in it. I will take a couple pics when the sun comes up with jewel tones because it is very pretty.

i love collecting the tags, it's crazy but i prefer having them.
but if you really love the color and the leather, keep it.
it's not what makes the bag less beautiful at all. galet is a nice neutral color.