Would you keep it?

Are you the type to let a bag "grow" on you? I'm more like love it or leave it at first glance... heehee.

Seems like it might take some getting used to, maybe a few romps around the house with the new Galet. Definitely think about it for a couple days... but if the love doesn't grow, then well - time to send her on back and buy something you'll love right from the start.

(I am totally lucky my Mom loves bbags! What a blessing. You should see us at NM together, two peas in a pod.)

^^ Yes she most certainly does. I always liked hers better since it was more beige (mine was more gray - boo!) and more beige is what I would have wanted. (Yours looks "more beige" to me)

I think the 09 leathers are VERY durable so even though my Mom has taken that bag to Hong Kong on a two week trip, and worn it every day for at least a couple months - it still holds up VERY well. I did treat the handles with Pro-treatment for her and have treated them maybe once more for her.

She's not as careful as me and the bag STILL looks fantastic. Handles haven't warmed or darkened, corners are still good. She doesn't take care of bags like I do, and her Galet is still looking near mint minus some corner rubbing.

My guess is that it will age similar to 05 Taupe.

Last edited:
I wanna go with you to NM! What fun. My dear daughter is all the way in Seattle and we used to be like that and I miss her. I am sure you both are the cutest mother daughter together!!

Often though I think I love a color and then I decide later it isn't for me so maybe this one will be the opposite and once it grows on me I will wonder how I ever lived without it??

This would be a good thread for "Would you keep it"? Sometimes we all need a little nudge or someone to bounce off of.

I am so glad to hear that it is holding up so well! I will absolutely treat the handles and I always do that. This one is more taupe and I do like that. It is a color I have never seen on any handbag before and maybe that is why I am hesitant. I should be thrilled since it is such a great all around color! I do like the RH on it too with the color. Is your Mom's GH or RH?

I am so glad to hear that it is holding up so well! I will absolutely treat the handles and I always do that. This one is more taupe and I do like that. It is a color I have never seen on any handbag before and maybe that is why I am hesitant. I should be thrilled since it is such a great all around color! I do like the RH on it too with the color. Is your Mom's GH or RH?

Amen to this! All of this! The color is definitely great for year-round wear.

I still think you should walk around with it first, take it outside, look at it from all angles...

My Mom's is the exact same as yours, RH Galet. I do like the RH w Galet... wouldn't have it any other way.

^^ I did sell it, I miss it though. And I still think about how thick the leather was. :nuts:

Eventually though, my mom will tire of hers and that's when I'll swoop. Let me see if I can find a pic of hers.... to compare. Brb.

Thanks RERE so much, I feel better already. I can sleep now and not have monkey brain thinking it over. I will give it a good carry around the house tomorrow. I am liking it more thinking that it is just a color I am not used to. Did your Galets become very soft and smooshy! This one is drunk and can't stand up at all hardly.:roflmfao:

^^ Hahah!! That's the best! Who doesn't love a drunken bbag?

Well, TBH, my Galet would NOT break in the leather was so thick!! Too thick?! I don't know! Is that even possible? I did use it a decent amount of time and it just did NOT break in, it bothered me ever so slightly. I would have LOVED for it to be broken in and puddly. It's weird. The leather was too thick for my liking and I've come to realize that I like the "moderately thick" leather.

My moms however (which almost mirrors your Galet) is totally broken in and like a drunken pile of leather. *Jealous.

Keep us updated, I'll be interested to know what your decision is on this Galet. I really think it fits right in with your collection too. :tup:

Can't find a pic of my Mom's Galet. But it was a diff type of leather completely than mine posted above. It didn't have the "big" distressing like mine did. It had the type of leather that your gorgy Galet has and which I now know I prefer more, lol.

To put it bluntly, I love (and secretly want) my Mom's bag. Therefore, I love your bag! I hope you can find some good use for her, the leather on it looks superb in my book.

I wanna go with you to NM! What fun. My dear daughter is all the way in Seattle and we used to be like that and I miss her. I am sure you both are the cutest mother daughter together!!

Often though I think I love a color and then I decide later it isn't for me so maybe this one will be the opposite and once it grows on me I will wonder how I ever lived without it??

This would be a good thread for "Would you keep it"? Sometimes we all need a little nudge or someone to bounce off of.

Oh its like a kid in a candy store! And now that they have a Barney's right across the street, its like a kid in two candy stores. Do you guys still get to see each other every once inawhile? Does she have good taste in bags? ;)

ITA about bouncing ideas around. Like when I posted a poll about keeping the Sahara City or getting a Sahara Velo. I already knew the answer, just needed to hear it a couple more times from the girls here. Sahara City for the win, duh!