Would u sell a Kelly for a Chanel?

Possibly but it would depends on the specs of the Kelly and the replacement Chanel. I reach for my Chanels much more than my H bags and find the classic flap more versatile with my clothes than the Kelly. Then again, I don’t own any Kellys in my ideal specs yet. I have owned a few Kellys and sold them because when worn, it seemed too formal for my neck of the woods.

I would never sell any of my Hermes bags for a 226, no offense to people who love and enjoy that style, it's just not worth the money plus Chanel may not even restore it. But you can also send your Hermes bags to the spa and they'll look close to brand new again. :flowers: But if you really want to get a 226 just keep an eye on the resell websites or better yet, just pick one up in your trip to the EU.

Reactions: Classy Collector
Well, I personally wouldn't.
But these 2 bags and brands have not much in common and to my mind you're answering your question yourself.
You talk with more enthousiasm about the Chanel 226, and we don't really know why you got the Kelly (bargain price, maybe ?) You will always meet other Kellys on your way...
So if I were in your shoes, I would sell it yes.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: Lejic and 880
I’d trade bags if I liked another better in general, but don’t like any Chanel bags really and while I don’t love Kelly, I still like it better than any Chanel piece I’ve seen, so…

no