Would u sell a Kelly for a Chanel?

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
I’ve been on a bit of a binge lately. Bought a Kelly 32 rouge vif ghw gorgeous plus a brand new Chanel medium flap. I feel that I need a 226 to finish my collection and not obsess anymore. U know- live my life?! I got a break even price from a reseller for my Kelly- but I feel I won’t find another like her for that price point (under $6k yr 2000 in Clemence and so beautiful). And 226 bags are becoming insanely popular now. What would u do?

Yeah that’s where I feel torn. It’s like the wonderful husband as opposed to the sexy boyfriend haha! It’s true. Wow Hermes u really feel the difference. But I live in a casual area and feel so off wearing the Hermes to Trader Joe’s.

• Haha
Reactions: faab89
Keep the Kelly and the Chanel medium flap. The 226 re-issue can wait because you can buy them pre-loved on the resale market as they don't hold their value as much as the other two bags you recently bought.
I would agree but recently have seen so many Chanel 226 fly off the shelves. At $5-6k now. Retail is 7k so resale doesn’t seem to be that huge of a discount considering a lot of the bags are over 6 yrs old!

Reactions: inverved
I would not necessarily sell a Kelly for a Chanel BUT I would sell a Kelly if the bag was not working for me.

Will you use the bag or will it sit in your closet? if you sell, is there a chance that you will regret it and want the same exact bag? color? size?

Agree.. any bag of any value that sits in a closet due to lack of wear or interest the option of selling should
be explored

Thanks guys! Yes I would most likely still want a red with ghw Kelly 32 if I could buy again. I don’t have any red bags and it’s so pretty. I think the biggest issue I have is that it’s too casual here in Northern California. Plus lockdown there’s a lack of reason to dress up. The Kelly is ironically more low key which is great. And even though I don’t wear my Chanel ml often- I won’t sell as the price even resale has gone insane.

I let a gorgeous 226 pass through my hands and it was $4500. Still upset about it. But ultimately if I don’t have a massive collection- a few hundred extra here or there won’t make the world of difference if I buy when I’m ready and it’s in perfect condition.