Would u sell a Kelly for a Chanel?

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
USA
I’ve been on a bit of a binge lately. Bought a Kelly 32 rouge vif ghw gorgeous plus a brand new Chanel medium flap. I feel that I need a 226 to finish my collection and not obsess anymore. U know- live my life?! I got a break even price from a reseller for my Kelly- but I feel I won’t find another like her for that price point (under $6k yr 2000 in Clemence and so beautiful). And 226 bags are becoming insanely popular now. What would u do?

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
USA
Yeah that’s where I feel torn. It’s like the wonderful husband as opposed to the sexy boyfriend haha! It’s true. Wow Hermes u really feel the difference. But I live in a casual area and feel so off wearing the Hermes to Trader Joe’s.

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
USA
To be honest, I would never sell any Hermes or Chanel. They are forever bags.
I think that way too. Only brands I will invest in now. That’s why my real question is whether I should just wait till next yr to get the 226. 20k in 2 months is quite a lot to digest considering we don’t go out!

Reactions: iamberrytastic

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
USA
Keep the Kelly and the Chanel medium flap. The 226 re-issue can wait because you can buy them pre-loved on the resale market as they don't hold their value as much as the other two bags you recently bought.
I would agree but recently have seen so many Chanel 226 fly off the shelves. At $5-6k now. Retail is 7k so resale doesn’t seem to be that huge of a discount considering a lot of the bags are over 6 yrs old!

Reactions: no_1_diva

momoc

Edits Posts A Lot
May 21, 2017
Sounds like you want both bags! I would just wait and save up for the Chanel and get it when you are ready. Yeah maybe during that time Chanel will increase price again (nothing surprises me any more) but still, I think that's the most reasonable thing to do.

Apr 15, 2007
I would not necessarily sell a Kelly for a Chanel BUT I would sell a Kelly if the bag was not working for me.

Will you use the bag or will it sit in your closet? if you sell, is there a chance that you will regret it and want the same exact bag? color? size?
Agree.. any bag of any value that sits in a closet due to lack of wear or interest the option of selling should
be explored

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
USA
Thanks guys! Yes I would most likely still want a red with ghw Kelly 32 if I could buy again. I don’t have any red bags and it’s so pretty. I think the biggest issue I have is that it’s too casual here in Northern California. Plus lockdown there’s a lack of reason to dress up. The Kelly is ironically more low key which is great. And even though I don’t wear my Chanel ml often- I won’t sell as the price even resale has gone insane.

I let a gorgeous 226 pass through my hands and it was $4500. Still upset about it. But ultimately if I don’t have a massive collection- a few hundred extra here or there won’t make the world of difference if I buy when I’m ready and it’s in perfect condition.