Would two H bags in noir be too much of a good thing?

tinkerbell68

Apr 28, 2021
Last fall, while in Paris, I bought a 24/24 35 in noir Clemence/Swift with GHW. It is a pretty awesome under the radar H bag with great slouch, an outside pocket for my iPhone and enough room for my MacBook though not my work laptop. However, unlike it's smaller cousin, the 29, it does not have a strap and must be strictly hand or elbow carried.

Until today I had yet to receive an offer from my wishlist from my SA...when I texted her in excitement to tell her that I'd found a 1999 K32 in H rouge, she asked if she could call me. She shared that she'd been trying to keep it a surprise until I went in but, given my news, she had to tell me that she has held a K32 in noir for me which I'll see next week.

So, my question is do I need two black H bags? Anyone here have multiple bags in one color? I think there's at least one person who has multiple bleu nuit bags...anyone else? Thoughts? TIA

Last fall, while in Paris, I bought a 24/24 35 in noir Clemence/Swift with GHW. It is a pretty awesome under the radar H bag with great slouch, an outside pocket for my iPhone and enough room for my MacBook though not my work laptop. However, unlike it's smaller cousin, the 29, it does not have a strap and must be strictly hand or elbow carried.

Until today I had yet to receive an offer from my wishlist from my SA...when I texted her in excitement to tell her that I'd found a 1999 K32 in H rouge, she asked if she could call me. She shared that she'd been trying to keep it a surprise until I went in but, given my news, she had to tell me that she has held a K32 in noir for me which I'll see next week.

So, my question is do I need two black H bags? Anyone here have multiple bags in one color? I think there's at least one person who has multiple bleu nuit bags...anyone else? Thoughts? TIA
YES to the black kelly!
The two styles are totally different and I think you'll really use and love the black Kelly.
Perhaps then look for a vintage K28 in Rouge H

I LOVE the 24/24, and in that size with that hardware, it must be gorgeous! I would say that if the bags are different enough (which they are), and they serve different purposes, then go for it! I am a repeat offender in a few cases with H bags (several in etoupe, black, bleu nuit), and I chose each one because I love the colour and they served different purposes. Is the k32 sellier or retourne?

In response to the question of the post, I'd say no. I have multiple black bags (B, K, E, and other brands) and use them for different purposes. I think the K32 noir is a classic that you'll love in your collection. For inspiration/justification, you can refer to this thread where people post their multiple bags in the same color. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/do-you-have-a-bag-set.537614/

Not to be an enabler or anything.... :biggrin:

Last edited:
I have an Evelyne and Jypsiere in noir. One in ghw and the other in phw. I considered the same….. Is two black bags too many? The jypsiere is a bag I was waiting for and that’s what came in. Both are so very loved and H black looks so sleek. I have other H bags in other colors.

I LOVE the 24/24, and in that size with that hardware, it must be gorgeous! I would say that if the bags are different enough (which they are), and they serve different purposes, then go for it! I am a repeat offender in a few cases with H bags (several in etoupe, black, bleu nuit), and I chose each one because I love the colour and they served different purposes. Is the k32 sellier or retourne?
Retourne i assume since that’s what was on my wishlist. I asked for a K retourne in 28 or 32 and mentioned a few colors I like…not black. However, I understand that the SM is partial to darker neutrals so I’m guessing my choices may not have been available and my SA is very eager to get me a bag.

So, my question is do I need two black H bags? Anyone here have multiple bags in one color?
Yes absolutely, if you like Black
I have a noir k28 retourne, brushed phw
a black barenia 30B, brushed phw.
a vintage matte croc chaine d’ancre clutch, brushed GHW

( in the past, I owned a BBK 28, ghw; a noir VN 30B, brushed phw that I gave to my mom;
various other noir bags: evelyn; jige; noir barenia picotin (though now that I think back,
it might have been indigo)
I asked for a K retourne in 28 or 32 and mentioned a few colors I like…not black. However, I understand that the SM is partial to darker neutrals so I’m guessing my choices may not have been available and my SA is very eager to get me a bag.
if you love and use your first Black bag, then great, go for another
if you really want another color, wait

i do not use any black bag often.
i have often thought Bleu nuit would be the perfect dark neutral ( I mix blue and black)
But, there are times when they are perfect
these are forever bags, so don’t fixate entirely on color.
you have to make sure you are picking the right size and style.

@tinkerbell68, if you don’t mind my saying so, with your very fabulous, modern action style pics, I would not have assumed rouge h to be your first choice. Sometimes rouge H can be very brown toned, and other times, esp with gold hw, it tips to more conservative than Classic. Somehow I think @maxroxxherhandbags mightbbe able to chime in Here. . .

also have you determined that you definitely want a 32 over a 28. Nowadays a 28 is almost considered medium sized, and a 32 is taller and deeper, so one can bung it pretty easily. it’s my personal experience thst once you get a first offer, even if you reject it, others will follow. So don’t settle. :smile:
JMO and YMMV.

Last edited:
Getting the K32 from the boutique would be an awesome experience, especially if you’ve been waiting for a while… if you truly love black bags, I’d say go for it… Although I am sensing that perhaps you’re partial towards the K32 in H Rouge? Good problem to have, as the saying goes :smile: Am assuming you would be taking your 24/24 with you, and perhaps help with the decision if you have both black bags in front of you? Good luck! Excited for you and will be tuning in….