Would two H bags in noir be too much of a good thing?

i look at your action pics with a smaller bag and think the smaller size suits you. Of course a 32 holds more though. For example, before I got valextra eye glass cases for me and DH, if I had to carry an oversized hard case for both of our sunglasses, I would need a 32, not a 28. . . (I also cut down by carrying a card case, not a full wallet). With my SLG adjustments, I don’t need a 32.

it’s a different matter, but have you thought of a 30B Instead of the 32K. It’s just a more casual bag that you can simply turn, hardware in, for an under the radar look.

ETA: if your HG is craie 30B. . . That’s a totally different animal. I do think a craie 24/24 could give you a similar vibe and be easier to get.

all of this doesn’t matter though. Just go see it and if you fall in love then you know. :smile:
I do love my small bags but also have many large bags that I love...I just really love a variety of sizes and styles! And yes a B30 is at the top of my wishlist and was the first bag that I asked my SA for. I had always thought of the Kelly as a bit too ladylike for me (definitely not ladylike) but found the retourne style appealing and added to my wishlist.
At this point, I think my SA is eager to offer me a bag from my list...we'll see if this K32 is the one. I am reassured by so many fellow TPFers who have many H noir bags but I think it will all depend on whether I love it at first sight. Fortunately my daughter who is visiting from Brooklyn has agreed to be my advisor ;)

I’m in the you can never have enough black bags category:biggrin: after I took the noir family group photo I thought I was at black bags purse peace…but as you can see several more additions joined the family:P Other than the b35, I do use all these bags.
b35 clemence phw was given to me by my mother years ago so I keep it for sentimental reasons. I used it for many years as my work tote bag and travel bag but it’s really too heavy for me to carry these days. So it’s sitting retired in my closet.
Mosaique Au 24 21 monsieur calfskin phw - of my active bags it’s probably my least used bag and is on the bubble for possible rehoming. My niece is waiting lol. The Bolides, the mini Lindy, the Boucle, and the Evelyne all sit in front of the Mosaique when I reach for a black bag. The shape that makes it visually interesting also makes it hold the least amount of stuff for it’s size category.
Bolide 1923 30 Novillo phw
Bolide 1923 25 Epsom ghw
Both Bolides are go to bags. The 25 in Epsom is particularly useful for rainy days. Both are truly under the radar bags with secure closings.
24/24 35 Maurice/Barenia phw alternates with my Garden Party Negonda 36 when I need a tote. I like the choice of having a large bag that has a more secure closing than a Garden Party and the 24/24 is much easier to open and close than a birkin. I treat my birkins as open totes primarily. The Garden Party is great when I’m packing fast and I can just toss a bunch of stuff in. Because of the narrow opening the 24/24 requires more careful packing.
k28 box ghw. It’s a classic.
Evelyne III 29 Clemence ghw is great for running errands
Mini Lindy Clemence ghw is great for going to crowded events. Secure closing and small enough to sit on my lap. I call it a mighty mini because it holds a surprising amount of stuff!
B30 Nilo Croc ghw. Another classic.
Geta Mysore ghw. Great little crossbody. The mini Lindy does hold more and is lighter but the adjustable Geta strap works better as a crossbody for me. The one drawback of the mini Lindy imo is the strap is not adjustable.
Kelly to Go Epsom phw. Always handy to have a little clutch and the Epsom is worry free if it’s raining. The Sac a Malice Monsieur Calfskin phw which is also a clutch is something I would baby more and would not have out in the rain. The Kelly to Go works with more outfits but the Sac has that extra pop.
Boucle Sellier Swift Phw. The strap gives it more versatility as it can be a shoulder bag or crossbody. I use my bolides as top handles as I’m not a fan of the upright handles with the strap attached for hands free use. So the Boucler, which holds as much as my Bolides, gives me the hands free alternative without the annoying top handles. The Boucler clasp is secure but also very easy to open and close on the fly. It also has the exterior back pocket for my phone which further differentiates it from the Bolides.
Maybe I’m crazy :biggrin: but this is why I think you can always use another black bag.

View attachment 5588369

View attachment 5588370

View attachment 5588371

View attachment 5588372

View attachment 5588373

View attachment 5588374

View attachment 5588375

View attachment 5588380
What a lovely collection...and yes all so different other than the color. Thank you for sharing your insights with me :smile:

Reactions: DoggieBags
You can never have too many bags that fit different purposes, even if they are in the same color. My K32 (Chevre, GHW, Ret) was the very first Hermes bag I purchased in 2006. I still use and carry that bag, and I also have 2 black B35s (different leather, so different purposes). I'd love a B30 and other styles in noir. It's the most user-friendly hardworking color so why not have it in multiple styles?

I do love my small bags but also have many large bags that I love...I just really love a variety of sizes and styles! And yes a B30 is at the top of my wishlist and was the first bag that I asked my SA for. I had always thought of the Kelly as a bit too ladylike for me (definitely not ladylike) but found the retourne style appealing and added to my wishlist.
At this point, I think my SA is eager to offer me a bag from my list...we'll see if this K32 is the one. I am reassured by so many fellow TPFers who have many H noir bags but I think it will all depend on whether I love it at first sight. Fortunately my daughter who is visiting from Brooklyn has agreed to be my advisor ;)

I have 5 very different black H bags, from as casual as you like Clemence Evie to as smart as you like BBK Sellier 32 (both ghw).

32 is not that big for most people height and frame. When you go-see, dress as you normally do for day and try in-hand as well as on the shoulder and don't ask anyone else's opinion until you have your own thoughts. Please report back :ok:

UPDATE: just as I was getting used to the idea that I might have to have two H bags in noir, my SA called. She said that she had forgotten that my 24/24 was black and that she had two other options for me: a K28 sellier in biscuit OR a B30 in gold GHW. Going to see them next Thursday though I'm 99% sure I'll be taking home the B30.

So, many thanks to each of you for sharing your thoughts...so appreciate this community's willingness to share advice and to share in the each member's joy. Cheers!

UPDATE: just as I was getting used to the idea that I might have to have two H bags in noir, my SA called. She said that she had forgotten that my 24/24 was black and that she had two other options for me: a K28 sellier in biscuit OR a B30 in gold GHW. Going to see them next Thursday though I'm 99% sure I'll be taking home the B30.

So, many thanks to each of you for sharing your thoughts...so appreciate this community's willingness to share advice and to share in the each member's joy. Cheers!
Yay for you!
I was just getting ready to type my thoughts, which as someone just starting to build their new collection, if the option were presented to me, I would wait it out.
Maybe a few bags/years down the line and having collected a range of my usual neutrals, I would go back to the same/similar colors in different bag styles but as someone who is not intending to have a HUGE collection, I would prioritize different colors.
I hope you love your pick.
Waiting to see what you end up with - that biscuit sounds really delicious though (pun intended).
:love:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :heart: :heart: :nuts::flowers::biggrin::drinks::love:
do share everything when you decide, thought process, action pics,

p.s. make sure your denim is colorfast :smile: when you take your new bag out
I will and ooooh good reminder! My initial inclination: B30 because that is the bag I want most and I find the K sellier to be awfully grown up, but biscuit...we shall see! As I mentioned, my daughter will be visiting from Brooklyn and has agreed to help me decide if need be :smile:

Reactions: DR2014

Oooooohhhhhh even better. What a tough choice! My first B (ordered right after I got the black K32) was gold on gold, and I carried that bag for 12 years before sending it off to a new home.

Either of those choices sounds lovely. Honestly I wouldn't kick either one out of my closet and I have quite a few already! Please update us when you choose and have fun!!!!

• Love
Reactions: tinkerbell68
My daughter and I went into the boutique yesterday and walked out with a beautiful gold on gold B30 :love: As Goldilocks might have said, a B30 is 'just right'...what a perfect size! I admit that I was prepared to turn down the bag if it was in epsom which I find looks more yellow than gold, but she is togo and just stunning! She's already been out to dinner and to the grocery store and I suspect there will be more than a few action shots posted in that thread.
Thanks again to everyone for sharing their words of wisdom.

Just to add that it was a pretty magical experience to accept my first offer from my SA. We've been 'working together' for about 15 months and so, while not friends, we are friendly and she said it made her day to be able to offer me a bag at last.

My daughter and I went into the boutique yesterday and walked out with a beautiful gold on gold B30 :love: As Goldilocks might have said, a B30 is 'just right'...what a perfect size! I admit that I was prepared to turn down the bag if it was in epsom which I find looks more yellow than gold, but she is togo and just stunning! She's already been out to dinner and to the grocery store and I suspect there will be more than a few action shots posted in that thread.

Just to add that it was a pretty magical experience to accept my first offer from my SA. We've been 'working together' for about 15 months and so, while not friends, we are friendly and she said it made her day to be able to offer me a bag at last.
Wonderful! Congrats! And thanks for taking us through this experience…. Hermes is where the magic happens! So happy for you!

• Love

Beautiful neutral in a perfect size! So happy for you! Congrats!

• Love