Would two H bags in noir be too much of a good thing?

If you like the spec of the K32 they offer you, I would say yes because different leather and hardware give totally different aesthetic.
I have 2 black K28 in GHW and PHW and they are very different bags. Smooth Gulliver leather with GHW for dinner; Togo with PHW as casual day bag or summer active season. Now in summer I use light colour twilly on black bag to better blend in with my summer outfit. Black is absolutely a 4 season bag. Can't be wrong. Please let us know your decision. Good luck :smile:
Last fall, while in Paris, I bought a 24/24 35 in noir Clemence/Swift with GHW. It is a pretty awesome under the radar H bag with great slouch, an outside pocket for my iPhone and enough room for my MacBook though not my work laptop. However, unlike it's smaller cousin, the 29, it does not have a strap and must be strictly hand or elbow carried.

Until today I had yet to receive an offer from my wishlist from my SA...when I texted her in excitement to tell her that I'd found a 1999 K32 in H rouge, she asked if she could call me. She shared that she'd been trying to keep it a surprise until I went in but, given my news, she had to tell me that she has held a K32 in noir for me which I'll see next week.

So, my question is do I need two black H bags? Anyone here have multiple bags in one color? I think there's at least one person who has multiple bleu nuit bags...anyone else? Thoughts? TIA

IMG_E4707[1].JPG

Perhaps the leather could convince you one way or the other? Black wouldn’t be my first choice either, but I’ve seen beautiful black bags with lots of veining here on TPF that make me swoon. And box calf, just take my credit card!

We shop at the same store, so I know the struggle is real for those of us who don’t gravitate toward dark neutrals. Congrats on the offer and good luck deciding!

If you like the spec of the K32 they offer you, I would say yes because different leather and hardware give totally different aesthetic.
I have 2 black K28 in GHW and PHW and they are very different bags. Smooth Gulliver leather with GHW for dinner; Togo with PHW as casual day bag or summer active season. Now in summer I use light colour twilly on black bag to better blend in with my summer outfit. Black is absolutely a 4 season bag. Can't be wrong. Please let us know your decision. Good luck :smile:

View attachment 5588207
Such a great photo to demonstrate how much leather and hardware distinguish two 'identical' bags. Thank you so much sharing!

Perhaps the leather could convince you one way or the other? Black wouldn’t be my first choice either, but I’ve seen beautiful black bags with lots of veining here on TPF that make me swoon. And box calf, just take my credit card!

We shop at the same store, so I know the struggle is real for those of us who don’t gravitate toward dark neutrals. Congrats on the offer and good luck deciding!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I definitely don't gravitate toward dark neutrals! My HG bag is a B30 in craie and when I told my SA, she laughed and asked if I could be very patient. I suspect I may never get that bag at our boutique! Funnily enough I really like the SM and have had some lovely conversations with him in the past...he's definitely not dark despite his preference for dark neutrals!

Reactions: BernadetteSuede
I was like you before that I only want one bag in each color. But now I have 4 black bags, albeit they’re different styles. With certain H bags, I can’t be too picky with the color given how limited they are. Do you think your SA can get you a K in a different color? If not then I would take it. If she says no problem then I would pass. My SA now know not to offer me noir bags as I’ve reached my limit.

Last fall, while in Paris, I bought a 24/24 35 in noir Clemence/Swift with GHW. It is a pretty awesome under the radar H bag with great slouch, an outside pocket for my iPhone and enough room for my MacBook though not my work laptop. However, unlike it's smaller cousin, the 29, it does not have a strap and must be strictly hand or elbow carried.

Until today I had yet to receive an offer from my wishlist from my SA...when I texted her in excitement to tell her that I'd found a 1999 K32 in H rouge, she asked if she could call me. She shared that she'd been trying to keep it a surprise until I went in but, given my news, she had to tell me that she has held a K32 in noir for me which I'll see next week.

So, my question is do I need two black H bags? Anyone here have multiple bags in one color? I think there's at least one person who has multiple bleu nuit bags...anyone else? Thoughts? TIA
Of course! 24/24 35 is very different from K32 which can be worn crossbody. So it depends on your ultimate handbag desires. I have both of these bags ( albeit in different colors) and I use them in different settings. As far as black bags I have J28, Evelyn PM and B30- again although all 3 black they serve different purposes. So it depends are you a bag minimalist??? But I am one of those people with more than 1 bleu nuit bag. Good Luck . Rouge H is great also

also have you determined that you definitely want a 32 over a 28. Nowadays a 28 is almost considered medium sized, and a 32 is taller and deeper, so one can bung it pretty easily. it’s my personal experience thst once you get a first offer, even if you reject it, others will follow. So don’t settle. :smile:
JMO and YMMV.

i look at your action pics with a smaller bag and think the smaller size suits you. Of course a 32 holds more though. For example, before I got valextra eye glass cases for me and DH, if I had to carry an oversized hard case for both of our sunglasses, I would need a 32, not a 28. . . (I also cut down by carrying a card case, not a full wallet). With my SLG adjustments, I don’t need a 32.

it’s a different matter, but have you thought of a 30B Instead of the 32K. It’s just a more casual bag that you can simply turn, hardware in, for an under the radar look.

ETA: if your HG is craie 30B. . . That’s a totally different animal. I do think a craie 24/24 could give you a similar vibe and be easier to get.

all of this doesn’t matter though. Just go see it and if you fall in love then you know. :smile:

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: tinkerbell68
Recently i have been rewarded with two h noire bags- garden file phw and kelly 28 ghw. I find the difference in materials and hardware make them very different. And the other good news having similar colours is twillys and charms can be shared.

I am a bit disappointed that I still don’t have a gold colour bag but by default it has become a new wishlist colour.

I’m in the you can never have enough black bags category:biggrin: after I took the noir family group photo I thought I was at black bags purse peace…but as you can see several more additions joined the family:P Other than the b35, I do use all these bags.
b35 clemence phw was given to me by my mother years ago so I keep it for sentimental reasons. I used it for many years as my work tote bag and travel bag but it’s really too heavy for me to carry these days. So it’s sitting retired in my closet.
Mosaique Au 24 21 monsieur calfskin phw - of my active bags it’s probably my least used bag and is on the bubble for possible rehoming. My niece is waiting lol. The Bolides, the mini Lindy, the Boucle, and the Evelyne all sit in front of the Mosaique when I reach for a black bag. The shape that makes it visually interesting also makes it hold the least amount of stuff for it’s size category.
Bolide 1923 30 Novillo phw
Bolide 1923 25 Epsom ghw
Both Bolides are go to bags. The 25 in Epsom is particularly useful for rainy days. Both are truly under the radar bags with secure closings.
24/24 35 Maurice/Barenia phw alternates with my Garden Party Negonda 36 when I need a tote. I like the choice of having a large bag that has a more secure closing than a Garden Party and the 24/24 is much easier to open and close than a birkin. I treat my birkins as open totes primarily. The Garden Party is great when I’m packing fast and I can just toss a bunch of stuff in. Because of the narrow opening the 24/24 requires more careful packing.
k28 box ghw. It’s a classic.
Evelyne III 29 Clemence ghw is great for running errands
Mini Lindy Clemence ghw is great for going to crowded events. Secure closing and small enough to sit on my lap. I call it a mighty mini because it holds a surprising amount of stuff!
B30 Nilo Croc ghw. Another classic.
Geta Mysore ghw. Great little crossbody. The mini Lindy does hold more and is lighter but the adjustable Geta strap works better as a crossbody for me. The one drawback of the mini Lindy imo is the strap is not adjustable.
Kelly to Go Epsom phw. Always handy to have a little clutch and the Epsom is worry free if it’s raining. The Sac a Malice Monsieur Calfskin phw which is also a clutch is something I would baby more and would not have out in the rain. The Kelly to Go works with more outfits but the Sac has that extra pop.
Boucle Sellier Swift Phw. The strap gives it more versatility as it can be a shoulder bag or crossbody. I use my bolides as top handles as I’m not a fan of the upright handles with the strap attached for hands free use. So the Boucler, which holds as much as my Bolides, gives me the hands free alternative without the annoying top handles. The Boucler clasp is secure but also very easy to open and close on the fly. It also has the exterior back pocket for my phone which further differentiates it from the Bolides.
Maybe I’m crazy :biggrin: but this is why I think you can always use another black bag.

55E27540-F23A-46D7-8871-3D9B9DB34AB8.jpeg

23CEA8B6-5C39-4F65-91AD-566ECADB5770.jpeg

9E09609B-24AB-43AD-A19D-2BD3685D8623.jpeg

0EF83E80-86A6-4E9A-87C8-A163627266EF.jpeg

F08504B9-4716-4372-8EFD-0B3C93E7B0AE.jpeg

8790A913-9A3C-40C1-84F9-BA40B3BAF54E.jpeg

16E33B70-B852-4C82-AF31-B334ED2E357E.jpeg

A5E32B92-07B5-4222-BAFC-174A5E4A47CA.jpeg

I’m in the you can never have enough black bags category:biggrin: after I took the noir family group photo I thought I was at black bags purse peace…but as you can see several more additions joined the family:P Other than the b35, I do use all these bags.
b35 clemence phw was given to me by my mother years ago so I keep it for sentimental reasons. I used it for many years as my work tote bag and travel bag but it’s really too heavy for me to carry these days. So it’s sitting retired in my closet.
Mosaique Au 24 21 monsieur calfskin phw - of my active bags it’s probably my least used bag and is on the bubble for possible rehoming. My niece is waiting lol. The Bolides, the mini Lindy, the Boucle, and the Evelyne all sit in front of the Mosaique when I reach for a black bag. The shape that makes it visually interesting also makes it hold the least amount of stuff for it’s size category.
Bolide 1923 30 Novillo phw
Bolide 1923 25 Epsom ghw
Both Bolides are go to bags. The 25 in Epsom is particularly useful for rainy days. Both are truly under the radar bags with secure closings.
24/24 35 Maurice/Barenia phw alternates with my Garden Party Negonda 36 when I need a tote. I like the choice of having a large bag that has a more secure closing than a Garden Party and the 24/24 is much easier to open and close than a birkin. I treat my birkins as open totes primarily. The Garden Party is great when I’m packing fast and I can just toss a bunch of stuff in. Because of the narrow opening the 24/24 requires more careful packing.
k28 box ghw. It’s a classic.
Evelyne III 29 Clemence ghw is great for running errands
Mini Lindy Clemence ghw is great for going to crowded events. Secure closing and small enough to sit on my lap. I call it a mighty mini because it holds a surprising amount of stuff!
B30 Nilo Croc ghw. Another classic.
Geta Mysore ghw. Great little crossbody. The mini Lindy does hold more and is lighter but the adjustable Geta strap works better as a crossbody for me. The one drawback of the mini Lindy imo is the strap is not adjustable.
Kelly to Go Epsom phw. Always handy to have a little clutch and the Epsom is worry free if it’s raining. The Sac a Malice Monsieur Calfskin phw which is also a clutch is something I would baby more and would not have out in the rain. The Kelly to Go works with more outfits but the Sac has that extra pop.
Boucle Sellier Swift Phw. The strap gives it more versatility as it can be a shoulder bag or crossbody. I use my bolides as top handles as I’m not a fan of the upright handles with the strap attached for hands free use. So the Boucler, which holds as much as my Bolides, gives me the hands free alternative without the annoying top handles. The Boucler clasp is secure but also very easy to open and close on the fly. It also has the exterior back pocket for my phone which further differentiates it from the Bolides.
Maybe I’m crazy :biggrin: but this is why I think you can always use another black bag.

View attachment 5588369

View attachment 5588370

View attachment 5588371

View attachment 5588372

View attachment 5588373

View attachment 5588374

View attachment 5588375

View attachment 5588380
Love all of them, and I think they are all completely different in terms of vibe! Loved seeing the boucle sellier too! hugs
:hugs: :yahoo: :heart: