Wolford Tights- Are the worth the money?

I have a pair of buttoned wool sweater tights from wolford that love - few years old but still look amazing. The buttons make them convertible so you can wear a few different ways (thigh highs, knee socks, leggings, etc) and they're so warm.

I would purchase other tights from Wolford, but it would probably only be items that are more unique or their super opaque tights.

Also when worn you don't see the seams as the model shows.

Attachments

• wolford_tights.jpg
    wolford_tights.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,844
Ohh yes deff! Though get them on sale if you can!
I have the Miss W 30 Denier Absolute Leg Support Tights and the Velvet De Luxe and they feel super amazing to touch and wear, plus they have not teared or laddered and Ive had both for almost a year now!

xxx

I have a lot of their patterned tights. I think they're worth it, but most of mine have been purchased on sale.

Rare: Nordstrom Rack (I've only seen it once on a recently opened Tysons Corner location), Saks Off Fifth Avenue (lots of weird ones like leggings and colors are usually there), NM Last Call (rare, I saw some nice ones about a few weeks ago)

Outlet in NY: If you ever get a chance to go the Woodbury Outlet, they have a store there. They have decent prices and occasional sales.

These posts were three years ago when I used to buy Wolfird tights all the time ( particularly velvet de luxe(.
However since then I'm convinced they have changed their manufacturing process because the last 14 pairs I have bought (yep, I WAS that loyal a customer and I kept on being convinced it was a 'one off'). So I called the head office in Austria and was told that yes, they've changed their processes. However they couldn't explain why the toes holed after one wear. Such a shame; I miss the old Wolfords!!

These posts were three years ago when I used to buy Wolfird tights all the time ( particularly velvet de luxe(.
However since then I'm convinced they have changed their manufacturing process because the last 14 pairs I have bought (yep, I WAS that loyal a customer and I kept on being convinced it was a 'one off'). So I called the head office in Austria and was told that yes, they've changed their processes. However they couldn't explain why the toes holed after one wear. Such a shame; I miss the old Wolfords!!

This is bad news! I havd some stashed away but sounds like it's time to look for something else.

I shop only Wolford and my favourite is Satin Opaque. So sorry to hear about problems with Velvet Delux, which I have also bought, but not lately. I usually keep a good stock of my classics so perhaps that is the reason why I haven't experienced any problems.

I have a few wolford tights from a few years back and they hold up well. I haven't bought any recently so I am sorry about Loulou2's experience...um, maybe I'll try a pair for Autumn and see if they have lost their quality

I haven't bought any recently. However, the ones I have are 3 yrs old and have held up great! I love them and were well worth the money. I don't know if quality has gone down in the past few years.

I just bought a pair of my favourite W Satin Opaque and they feel completely different than my "old stock". I'm not pleased that they changed the process....

I've never had Wolford tights but I always wear Falke and I really notice the quality compared to other tights like Hudson and Oroblu. The way they're woven is different and looks so much better, they don't stretch as much so there's no color difference (usually cheap tights are more see through on the upper legs) and they feel so much better. I have a bunch of Falkes that I've worn for 1.5 years now and they're still amazing. It's a shame to read about the changes in Wolford quality!! I do think good quality tights are worth their money because they look and feel better and hold up great.