Wolford Tights- Are the worth the money?

For me, even at full price Wolford are worth it. I have a drawer full of tights but the only ones I ever seem to wear are the Wolford, so I would actually be saving $$ by not buying other tights!

I bought mine recently and was told that it (the one i bought was supposed to be for cold winter) could last me through cold weather. Is it really true? I am planning for Munich in Dec and was wondering if the tights could keep me warm? :thinking:

I bought mine recently and was told that it (the one i bought was supposed to be for cold winter) could last me through cold weather. Is it really true? I am planning for Munich in Dec and was wondering if the tights could keep me warm? :thinking:

I've been to Munich in mid-September (I left the day before Oktoberfest started) and even then, no pair of tights could even begin to keep me warm....the Wolford tights will probably do a better job of it than most, though.

More generally, I do love Wolford, but not for the opaque tights, which I would only wear when on holiday somewhere frrrreezing. I wear the everyday, low dernier stockings or hold-ups in off-black and skin colours for work, but have been having some bad experiences with them recently - they keep running, and developing holes, particularly around the toes, on the first or second wear, which is incredibly annoying given how expensive they are.

I tried Falke for the first time recently, and think I might be a convert. They are slightly cheaper but have so far been much more durable than the Wolford.

Last edited:
I've been to Munich in mid-September (I left the day before Oktoberfest started) and even then, no pair of tights could even begin to keep me warm....the Wolford tights will probably do a better job of it than most, though.

More generally, I do love Wolford, but not for the opaque tights, which I would only wear when on holiday somewhere frrrreezing. I wear the everyday, low dernier stockings or hold-ups in off-black and skin colours for work, but have been having some bad experiences with them recently - they keep running, and developing holes, particularly around the toes, on the first or second wear, which is incredibly annoying given how expensive they are.

I tried Falke for the first time recently, and think I might be a convert. They are slightly cheaper but have so far been much more durable than the Wolford.

Hi, Thanks! Might want to try Falke then. :smile:

I'd like a pair of sheer/nude tights/hose to polish my look at times (tend to go bare legged). Which style? The prices I'm seeing are beyond my price range, so I will be budgeting to get a pair and really need to do this right and know they will last and last. (I'm considering the prices only because I know that cheap hose are destroyed in two wears, and that's a bigger waste of money.)

Thanks for the link. How do you feel about their Mat Opaque 80 Leggings and their Naked 8 tights?

I don't own any Wolford leggings, just tights, but I love the hosiery. I have a pair of Naked 8's and some Luxe 9's, but you have to be extremely careful with them because they rip or snag very easily.

i love the opaque tights but the thinner ones i break no matter where they're from so unless you're very good about that i might be inclined to go cheaper than wolford :smile:

i love the opaque tights but the thinner ones i break no matter where they're from so unless you're very good about that i might be inclined to go cheaper than wolford :smile:

I also discovered that if I put them on with hosiery gloves, I won't snag them initially, so I can get 2-3 wears out of them, but otherwise, they're snagged before I even leave the house.