Will this bag look dated in a few years?

I don't think so! One of Hermes' classic bracelet is collier de chien, and they have studs. The bracelet has been around since the 70's, and it's STILL not dated! So I would say GO FOR IT! :woohoo:

I agree - studs are fashionable but they are always on something somewhere.

Cute bag IMO :tup:

I know this is all academic, now, as you've bought the bag (congrats, BTW! :flowers: ).

However, this is what I would have done...

Ask yourself two questions, as objectively as possible:

1. Do you always like studs, even when they are not deemed to be in fashion?

I've always had a thing for studs and zippers. :smile:
2. Cast your mind back to 2003 (i.e. 3 years before studs started to reappear) - are you sure you would have liked this bag if you had seen it on someone's arm back then?

If the answer is yes to both, then you should be fine.

I always seem to like studs - they are one of those enduring things for me, like tigers, colour with black, blush pink and skulls. :smile:

In 2003, I wouldn't have been able to afford the bag, but I would have liked it. Me-in-2003 may not have had the confidence to wear a studded bag, but I definitely would have admired it.

I've always had a thing for studs and zippers. :smile:

In 2003, I wouldn't have been able to afford the bag, but I would have liked it. Me-in-2003 may not have had the confidence to wear a studded bag, but I definitely would have admired it.

Well, then, I think you'll be fine. :yes:

If you really love it, other people may think it's dated (and you may even be able to see why they would), but you won't care! :biggrin:

I saw your post a few days ago but had to think about it. IMO, the handbag will be dated, because of the amount of studs.

OTOH, I always say that the handbag doesn't matter as much as YOU do, because it's a matter of how YOU carry yourself when wearing it.

Wear it with attitude!

:heart:

I've been carrying mine around for the last couple of days and whenever I sneak glances into various reflective surfaces, I'm finding myself to be very pleased. I'm loathe to buy anything simply for a trend's sake but I do see things that I like that are, indeed, trendy. Such is the case with this bag, yet I'm finding it to be very congruent with my (simple) wardrobe. It's also nice to get compliments, which this bag has garnered.

So, you ordered it - have you received it in the mail, yet? I'm curious to hear how you like it.

I'd also like to mention how wonderful I find it that the general consensus around here is to go with what you're attracted to regardless of trends. Usually fashionable women are assumed to be snobbish but not so around here. It's quite nice!

So, you ordered it - have you received it in the mail, yet? I'm curious to hear how you like it.

It's not here yet. ETA is tomorrow though! :biggrin:

I'd also like to mention how wonderful I find it that the general consensus around here is to go with what you're attracted to regardless of trends. Usually fashionable women are assumed to be snobbish but not so around here. It's quite nice!

Me too! tpF is great that way! My main concern was that it would be the equivalent of teased bangs and a Hypercolor t-shirt ;) , rather than a piece that's obviously a few seasons old, but could still look good if it was part of my general look and went well with my outfit.