Will I look stupid with a JPG Birkin?

Thanks everyone for your comments!

aspen - Fabulous! Thanks for posting the pic and your JPG looks really good on you. I'm fatter and smaller than you so I have to re-evaluate how the JPGG will look on me.

avandome - I totally forgot about the bag dangling on my arm, might be too low for little me.

mrssparkles - Good point about my shoulders aching. I thought about the weight and completely forgot about shoulders aching lol!

amanda - That's one of the cons of the HAC that you can't put it on the crook of the arm if you have a coat on.

OK, my search continues and I put my name on the list for a HAC, JPG and ... lo and behold a 35cm Birkin. Even though the 35cm will look big, it might be the best option, right?

I love the JPG I just look weird with it. Do you want to use it with work stuff- like computer? it is perfect for that. I tend to overstuff my bags no matter what size... so I am afraid of the big ones,but if you have a buisness reason, like files, or computer, to use it for, do not give it a second thought...it is perfect for that, I have no real reason for a big bag so I look like a idiot!

LaVan, you would never look stupid!! You have such amazing style, you could carry your things in a pillowcase and you would still set the bar very high!..

I agree with CobaltBlu!
But: I tried to put an Apple Mac Book Pro into my JPG and it looks - sorry to say that - stupid. Not so much because of looking out of the bag, but because of the width of the bag - the proportions do not match.
If you really want to carry your laptop choose another one PLS!

On shoulder

PICT1273.jpg

avandome - Yeap, need it for commuting since I tend to bring a lot of stuff lately.

vanmiracle / hermeslemming - I can't wait for try on the bag again and then I can do the experiments w/ laptop, w/o, my height, etc. etc.

Man, I'm making this all so complicated lol!

LaVan - I don't know much about fashion at all. However, from a layman's point of view, you look fantastic in the pic above. I am not sure what it is - your style, your smile or your attitude, but you look lovely to me:flowers:.

LaVan, I think you could carry any bag and look fab but I keep thinking about that parchemain 35cm Kelly you mentioned...I use my retourne 35cm Kelly for work - it makes a great workbag - the smartest of all brief cases and I'm thinking of ordering a canvas strap to carry her messenger style.

I can really see that parchemain 35cm Kelly on you. I would buy a new laptop - a very small slim one to fit the Kelly and get a canvas strap too for even more comfort. (why do my solutions always cost more money!)

best wishes anyway with whatever you decide.

Just another thought - I found that if I could get my DH to discreetly take a couple of pics of me modelling different size and style bags in Hermes, it was much easier for me to judge which suited me best looking at the photo previews rather than a 'live' assessment in the mirror.

]I can't wait for try on the bag again and then I can do the experiments w/ laptop, w/o, my height, etc. etc.

Man, I'm making this all so complicated lol!

This would be the best decision. You only can feel yourself what is best for you.
I don't think you are making it complicated but well thought.
We say in Austria "Good things need a while."

allaboutnice - The 35cm parchemin Kelly was really gorgeous, but it won't serve my purpose since overtime, I think the weight might bend the turnkey. I can't get another laptop since it's from my work. It's quite small already at 28cm x 20cm x 2cm.

Vanmiracle - So true! By the way, out of topic ... I really love Vienna! It's one of my favorite cities!

La Van, sounds like you really like the JPG. Good news,I tried to put my Macbook(32.4cmL x23cmWx2.5cmD) & yes it is possible the width of the laptop is par with the height of the back where the flap is, you can carry it open but not closed. I'll upload pictures for you give me a minute.

Here they are, I even put my winter coat on for you (it's 34degC here) to show you, one is a HAC32 & of course the other the JPG, the width of your laptop is smaller than mine, you probably can close the flap. If you don't load up the JPG with more than the laptop & essentials, I think the weight would be manageable.The HAC loaded with the laptop can go over the winter coat sleeve. HTH.

Attachments

• PA291261.JPG
    PA291261.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 90
  • PA291262.JPG
    PA291262.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 96
  • PA291264.JPG
    PA291264.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 101
  • PA291266.JPG
    PA291266.JPG