Will I look stupid with a JPG Birkin?

LaVan.......try a 28cm or 32cm HAC instead. The JPG is long and bulky and, IMO, would overpower you. Instead of the world seeing a beautiful woman, they'd see a humongous bag instead!

^^ HAC would be another option just might get too heavy and I can't put it over my shoulder. I'd really like to see HAC and the JPG in parchemain since I love the color so much! If only H has both side by side to compare ... wishful thinking!

i love jpgs!
victoria beckham out of high heels is hardly tall, yet she owns a jpg.
they are tdf, and you can wear high heels if you feel over powered.
i dont think you'd regret getting one, theyre gorgeus!

I think the HAC might be a better option for u bc SERIOUSLY the JPG birkin is SUPER heavy on its own; with a laptop I think it might be unbearable to tote around and I think after a while u might wind up ditching it in lieu of practicality! How about the Victoria tote?

i wish i could pull off a JPG as well. i'm about 5'3" and i've tried on a couple before. yes it's heavy, but i think the thing that stopped me from buying one is that it's just too wide and looks overpowering on me. oh wait....i forgot, DH also didn't like it on me! hehe but i agree with the parchemein togo and GH combo!!! i have the same combo in a kelly and it's just so warm and creamy!!!!

lavan - the weight issue would be a problem. the JPG birkin is heavy enough and to add a laptop may be too much for you.

but best for you to try it on and to lift the bag with the laptop in it. just MO. good luck and good to see you here again!

LaVan, I know how stylish you are, but I think the heavy East-West proportions of the JPG may overwhelm your petite frame. And I think WN is right...not deep enough for a laptop nor secure enough IMO if you leave the flap open.

LaVan, you would never look stupid!! You have such amazing style, you could carry your things in a pillowcase and you would still set the bar very high!

But I dont think the JPG is the right bag for your needs...What about the LA bag? or a clemence GP? My laptop fits perfectly in the Whitebus, but that bag does not go over my shoulder, but then, it might go over yours, as I am definitely not elfe like!! LOL...if only!!

Or, ...evelyne GM? Depending on the size of your laptop? I am not sure if you are an evelyne girl, but honestly if you are commuting, it is such a comfortable bag...Basically I am just free associating....but anyway, the JPG seems like it is not quite the thing...though I agree in parchement it would be amazing!

Although the JPG birkin is called a shoulder birkin, I've mostly seen women tote the bag around instead of on their shoulders. The width is an issue and difficult to put under the arms, especially if you are petite. Being such a big bag, it would be difficult to prevent it from brushing againsts walls etc. While I love parchment, if you are intending to use that big/long bag for carrying stuff about on a regular basis, keeping it clean might be a problem?

I think, in general, a large bag on a smaller person can be OK when the bag is more evenly proportioned. But this bag is soooo wide and short... like a bullet, that I think it just can't work for everyone as easily as other bags can.

LaVan, you would never look stupid!! You have such amazing style, you could carry your things in a pillowcase and you would still set the bar very high!

But I dont think the JPG is the right bag for your needs...What about the LA bag? or a clemence GP? My laptop fits perfectly in the Whitebus, but that bag does not go over my shoulder, but then, it might go over yours, as I am definitely not elfe like!! LOL...if only!!

Or, ...evelyne GM? Depending on the size of your laptop? I am not sure if you are an evelyne girl, but honestly if you are commuting, it is such a comfortable bag...Basically I am just free associating....but anyway, the JPG seems like it is not quite the thing...though I agree in parchement it would be amazing!

I think the all-leather GP as you suggested is a great commuter/work bag. I've been looking at it for a while and it's the perfect tote. Light, spacious and definitely takes a notebook no problem. And so much more practical than a JPG.

The only time really that I use my JPG is when I feel like making a fashion statement. Otherwise there's no way the 35 Birkin can be beaten for practicality and ease of use (within the Birkin family).

Hmmm...I actually find the Birkin to be the best laptop bag... While I LOVE my leather GP tote, it is not quite structured enough to carry my laptop w/ ease... On the other hand...I recall how amazing your GP looked in Greece and I advocate a leather GP just because... (But not necessarily for work/computer...)

I do agree w/ archangel...when I tried on the JPG birkin on my shoulder I felt quite overwhelmed by the amount of bag under my arm...the SA indicated most arm carry the bag or carry it on the shoulder behind the back (so to speak)...again, not ideal for laptop...

It could be a fun bag, but I am not sure it is "functional" in the way you would like...