Wigs as a fashion statement

Would you wear a wig as a fashion statement?

• Yeah! I'm there!

• I would if I knew a good place to get them.

• Not for me or my lifestyle.

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are plenty of "common secrets" pertaining to celebrities on the internet and they are gossip - not fact. I'm not saying that she doesn't wear wigs or extensions because like many celebrities, I'm sure she has/does. What I was saying was unless you are her hairdresser, I don't believe that anyone can be 100% positive in regards to what is exactly going on there. Also, what's with the shouting ewhitake? Using all caps typically indicates shouting/yelling. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine:smile:

Huh? She hasn't typed in all caps, and I don't see any point in this thread where she expressed an opinion contrary to yours. Could you have her confused with another poster?

:confused1:

So I took a few pics of me wearing my fave wig today. Full frontal and a couple from the side.
It's quite a natural looking hair piece as you can see from the first photo (without flash).
The other 2 pics were taken with the flash so make the wig look shinier than it really is.
I wanted to take a few shots to show how believable this wig looks from every angle.
I pinned a couple of pieces back so it looks a little more realistic. I really like this look.

wig1.jpg

wig2.jpg

wig3.jpg

Excuse my nekkid freckly face. I only wear cake-up for special occasions. :blush:

Huh? She hasn't typed in all caps, and I don't see any point in this thread where she expressed an opinion contrary to yours. Could you have her confused with another poster?

:confused1:

You're right Caxe, I just noticed that it was tknight who did the original post with all caps. Sorry ewhitake. Anyway, lets just get this thread back on track, it's done now;)

You're right Caxe, I just noticed that it was tknight who did the original post with all caps. Sorry ewhitake. Anyway, lets just get this thread back on track, it's done now;)

I was not yelling or anything at you or anyone. I always type in all caps on here. I was just making a point thats all. You dont do Beyonce's hair either so u dont know whats going on with her hair #1. I have proof that she wears Lace Wigs..Its not bad thing and Beyonce is not my best friend so I dont not care about her hair at all I just stated that I wanted one like she wears and you said thats not a wig okay since you felt that way I had to let you know and that it is to prove my point so if you got offended sorry.

So I think I still have to show that she wears them let me see....
3368225454_694bc5284c.jpg

This is a picture of the side of wig coming off cause she didnt put enough adhesive on it that day...So Beyonce has no problem with wearing her wigs so it should be okay with you...

I'm not offended. I'm not arguing about the fact that she wears wigs, I was saying that it did not look like a wig in that particular picture. You don't need to prove any point because I have said several times that I'm sure she probably does wear wigs. Sorry I misunderstood about the all caps. It even says in TPF rules not to use all caps because it represents shouting/yelling. No harm done! I can appreciate your opinions. Now lets move on...:yes:

imashopaholic - you look really nice!

And I agree with caxe - the Beyonce thing is done...But I would like to talk about lace wigs. Went to youtube and saw some videos on application of lace wigs. If you have the time having one will eliminate the "what happens if the wind blows" question. But to aquire a good result the wig should be quality. I'm going to have to ask my supplier is she can hook me up.

I looked into lace wigs back when I needed them but didn't have enough faith in my ability to apply one so I just went with the old pull on and go style. I'd love to give them a try, but do you have to get a professional to adhere them or can it be done by a beginner (a.k.a. me)?

And thanks for the kind comments about the pic of me wearing my wig. :flowers:

I have an actress friend, she wears a lace wig for her play, and she told me that after a few weeks the wig was not as good as it was in the beginning. Now she doesn't have to pay for the wig, the theater does. But if a person buys a lace wig for herself, she would be paying a lot of money for something that would need replacement pretty quick.
I think lace wigs are for people that have either a lot of money, or are willing to cut back on other things to purchase a good wig.
I'm not willing to pay the crazy amounts for a top lace wig (like the celebs wear), because I'm not a public figure that makes a living out of her appearance. I just want something to wear on nights out, when I don't have the time, strength or means to do my hair. To me it is actually a way to avoid the salon, and constant damage from chemical products and blow drying and brushing.

I have an actress friend, she wears a lace wig for her play, and she told me that after a few weeks the wig was not as good as it was in the beginning. Now she doesn't have to pay for the wig, the theater does. But if a person buys a lace wig for herself, she would be paying a lot of money for something that would need replacement pretty quick.
I think lace wigs are for people that have either a lot of money, or are willing to cut back on other things to purchase a good wig.
I'm not willing to pay the crazy amounts for a top lace wig (like the celebs wear), because I'm not a public figure that makes a living out of her appearance. I just want something to wear on nights out, when I don't have the time, strength or means to do my hair. To me it is actually a way to avoid the salon, and constant damage from chemical products and blow drying and brushing.

Just like a anything, you have to figure out what is the "cost per wear", what is it you really want to achieve (coverage for bad hair day or coverage for no hair) and what you can realistically afford.

I looked into lace wigs back when I needed them but didn't have enough faith in my ability to apply one so I just went with the old pull on and go style. I'd love to give them a try, but do you have to get a professional to adhere them or can it be done by a beginner (a.k.a. me)?

And thanks for the kind comments about the pic of me wearing my wig. :flowers:

I agree, I just don't have the money right now for a lace wig and wasn't sure if I'd be able to apply it right either.

your wig looks great :P what brand is it? $50 is a great deal, mine have been $140-200 here in the states. I've bought cheaper brands sight unseen offline but haven't been impressed with the quality.

I agree, I just don't have the money right now for a lace wig and wasn't sure if I'd be able to apply it right either.

your wig looks great :P what brand is it? $50 is a great deal, mine have been $140-200 here in the states. I've bought cheaper brands sight unseen offline but haven't been impressed with the quality.
I bought the wigs back in 2003/2004 and paid $50 for them back then, but I'm sure they'd be more expensive today. The brand of the brown curly one I'm wearing in the photo I posted earlier is Dena Cali. Not sure if you can still buy this label but if so I'd recommend giving these wigs a try. The hair looks completely natural, not shiny/synthetic at all, and construction is of good quality too.