Wigs as a fashion statement

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Would you wear a wig as a fashion statement?

1. Yeah! I'm there!

2. I would if I knew a good place to get them.

3. Not for me or my lifestyle.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I've been wearing wigs regularly for about 6 or 7 years now. LOVE THEM!!! :yahoo: I've been a redhead, a blond and am currently a brunette with cool coopery highlights. I was all these colors before but the chemicals were doing extreme damage to my hair, not to mention my wallet. I don't make the color or style change to drastic so most people don't know. But I've been thinking lately about using wigs as a fashion statement. Yah know - what do I wear today and what color do I want my hair. :roflmfao:

So what do you think?

2. I absolutely LOVE wigs! My hair is quite long right not and I haven't worn one in a while, but I have in the past.

I will do short (cause I will never cut my hair too short) and experiment with colors, I may not be willing to dye my own hair.

3. I :heart: wigs for the versatility that they offer. You can do whatever you want with a wig, and if you don't like it you can just take it off and start over:nuts:

4. I like the fact that you can change your look around with a wig, but since I see the same people everday it would be awkward to explain why my hair looks different all the time.

5. I don't particularly like wearing wigs, it gets too hot and itchy under there. I have a few wigs, though, but for me they're only bedroom attire, if you KWIM :graucho: I've only worn one out in public once, and when I met up with my friend the first words that came out of her mouth was "take that off". :P

6. I'll wear a wig if someone shaves my hair off while I'm sleeping.

7. I can see how back in the day of complicated hairdos, it would have been convenient, but my gosh, it gets hot enough around here under my own hair! I think nowadays it would be more inconvenient to deal with a wig, rather than just putting my long hair back in a clip.

8. lol that is funny.....I think my best friend would do the same..:roflmfao:

9. Wigs are definitely fun! Love them.. plus for those days that you don't feel like fooling around with your hair but don't want to wear a boring bun or ponytail, Just slap one on.

10. :roflmfao:

Me too. After, of course, locking said person in an empty closet for awhile.

11. Oh, they're lucky they are still alive. lmao

12. I've never tried a full on wig but I love Jessica Simpson's clip on extensions! They make my hair look so nice!

13. I haven't worn a wig out other than Halloween.. but I do have a friend who likes to change her look using them. I don't think I would, though.

14. I just purchased a wig, a nice medium brown chocolate bob.
    [​IMG]

I have reaaally long wavy black hair, that I don't wish to cut (if I cut them their volume and frizze is like crazy and I look like James Brown).
    I can't wait for my wig to arrive and try it on!:nuts:

Attached Files:

• wig.jpg
      wig.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  15. I've always had trouble finding wigs to fit my head. Even the so-called "plus sized" wigs feel like they could pop off any minute. I must have an abnormally fat head!

I wore a wig for while after I had a car accident that resulting in several scalp injuries. I lost a lot of hair. The wig looked nice, but I was constantly worrying about it slipping. It drove me a little crazy, so I switched to wearing colorful scarves on my head.