Why is BV STILL so under the radar?!

Jen123

O.G.
Nov 24, 2011
My question is... why is BV STILL so under the radar?! :confused1:

I remember I started obsessing about a year ago when I was lurking in PF. IMO, 1. these bags are just perfect for about every occasion, 2. can fit into most lifestyles 3. don't hear many complaints about the quality

BV has been around for a while so why do you ladies/gents think it hasn't caught on? Not that I'm complaining, it's nice that it hasn't! Do people not see these bags in the same spotlight we do????

I don't think it's a question of 'catching on' - I think it's a question of who their targeted market is. The level of luxury that BV imbues is not really an easily-marketable-level. That height of luxury finds its own customers, if that makes sense. And those ads are not for the SAHM or the housewife on Smith Street in a small town in Arkansas or Oklahoma.

And seriously, I do NOT hang out, in the real world, with people who have that kind of luxury at their fingertips; not because I'm some kind of reverse-snob, but that I don't know anybody in that atmosphere. :biggrin: That's what I like about BV/tPF - here, we're all on the same playing field - our love of bags, and in particular, Bottega Veneta.

I don't think it's a question of 'catching on' - I think it's a question of who their targeted market is. The level of luxury that BV imbues is not really an easily-marketable-level. That height of luxury finds its own customers, if that makes sense.

Definitely makes sense! It is interesting though because there's a great influence towards certain brands due to media/celebs, and those same celebs still carry bv, but it doesn't make the headlines like the other brands do when carried

I'm still just shocked though that to this day I haven't seen one "on the street" ... maybe I need to get out more lol

...I'm still just shocked though that to this day I haven't seen one "on the street" ... maybe I need to get out more lol

I finally caught a glimpse of the classic woven hobo on the shoulder of what was probably a tourist at the Mall of America not long ago - but I haven't ever see BV on anybody else IRL either.

A while back, I was very pleased to see that Robert Downey, Jr. is a fan ... in the Celeb photos thread... If I wasn't already a card-carrying member (er, excuse me, a "Cervo Hobo-carrying member) of the BVette Club then, I would have surely been after that. :roflmfao:

Where I am near there are plenty of women wearing BV bags... personally don't

think they are uner the radar,just think their appeal is to a different audience

then let's say Hermes, Chanel, LV and others...

i think that some of bv policies stand it's way of becoming a bag like hermes or lv. i am not talking about quality because i feel bv quality is exceptional. i just think bags that historically have deep sales within the current season are not going to command the same price point. i love bv but i choose very carefully. i have been burned meaning bought at full price only to have the bag discounted in the same season and it is not a good feeling. i think bv is moving in this direction but is not there yet.

i think that some of bv policies stand it's way of becoming a bag like hermes or lv. i am not talking about quality because i feel bv quality is exceptional. i just think bags that historically have deep sales within the current season are not going to command the same price point. i love bv but i choose very carefully. i have been burned meaning bought at full price only to have the bag discounted in the same season and it is not a good feeling. i think bv is moving in this direction but is not there yet.

I heard fron an SA that starting from this season BV will no longer discount seasonal items. Anyone heard of that? Perhaps, worth posting this question separately

I've heard ladies in groups I'm involved with say that if they're going to spend $$$$ on an item they want it recognized. They carry what you'd expect, LV, Chanel, Gucci. BV doesn't appeal to them. It's under the radar.

I've heard ladies in groups I'm involved with say that if they're going to spend $$$$ on an item they want it recognized. They carry what you'd expect, LV, Chanel, Gucci. BV doesn't appeal to them. It's under the radar.

show & tell.... smoke & mirrors... if you want things to be recognized

you will be a follower not a leader and this is what followers want...

BV is sophisticated, understated, timeless ,classy & discreet.. it doesn't shout money

it is money in a tasteful way, IMO... their exotic skins are

$$$$... and bag beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

I switched from Hermes to BV for many reasons: too many celebri-nobodies walking around with Birkin bags, the absurd games Hermes plays regarding what you can buy and when, and a realization that BV bags matched Hermes quality (especially their exotic skins, which are superb) and in many cases were more beautiful and useful than Hermes.