Why I am REPULSED by clueless pontificating Ph.Ds

mselika said:
Thy guy is a M.D. I only care to say that because I'm in medical school, and if after all these years of hell studying and busting my ass in the hospital some one called me a PhD, I'd shoot myself! I worked to earn the M.D. degree and status, not to be called a PhD. Just to clarify.
And lastly, I was a philosophy major in college (along with Biology), and I don't quite get your argument. It does not follow. Are you using deductive argument to reach your point/conclusion? Your use of doctors as a substitue in the initial argument does not warrant the same meaning. What is the point you're trying to make??

I would be careful not to insult the PhDs on this board. While I respect your degree, I don't think being called a PhD is so bad that one should shoot themselves. PhDs work very hard to get their degree.

Anyway, degree schmegree, I have two graduate degrees from Ivy League schools and I don't believe that either degree puts me in any position to judge others. I think that is part of the point of all of this.

I do not have a PhD.

mselika said:
Thy guy is a M.D. I only care to say that because I'm in medical school, and if after all these years of hell studying and busting my ass in the hospital some one called me a PhD, I'd shoot myself! I worked to earn the M.D. degree and status, not to be called a PhD. Just to clarify.
And lastly, I was a philosophy major in college (along with Biology), and I don't quite get your argument. It does not follow. Are you using deductive argument to reach your point/conclusion? Your use of doctors as a substitue in the initial argument does not warrant the same meaning. What is the point you're trying to make??

Hi Mselika!
What year are you in Med school?
I'm so envious for I'm just now applying this year! Yes please wonder how I'll get accepted when I'm posting away crazy like this here with the excuse of writing my personal statement... sigh...

I'm aware that physicians are MDs not PhDs, I know they work soo hard to achieve that status.. but please don't shoot yourself because someone called you a phD! Don't you think that's being a bit dramatic? Also...WE NEED MORE Doctors!!! LOL

By no means was this post aimed at physicians whatsoever!!! I hope you don't take any offense in the post here.

If you've read the other post.. you'd know where the "PhD" is coming from.. We're just joking around about the guy who claims to be a physician.. but whom we want to believe has a comp sci phD and works out of his mom's basement!!!

You don't have to get the logic...and you don't have to be a philosophy major to disprove any of it~
Heck I was the ONLY Anthropology major in my year (in addition to Biology), you had to see my parents' faces when they read only their daughter's name in the list of graduates in Anthropology... and anthropology is sure coming in handy now adays~
We're just having a blast whatever we're doing!!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

crochetbella said:
LOL Classwhore, Joanna and Roo! :roflmfao: I'm in Eureka, CA, Roo. Same depression but no shopping and its raining again! :lol:

Thanks guys.

Apparently not everyone has the same sense of humor that I do about Seattle (per the PM I just got about my post). So to anyone who was offended by this, it was meant to be tongue in cheek and HUMOROUS.

joanna said:
Hi Mselika!
What year are you in Med school?
I'm so envious for I'm just now applying this year! Yes please wonder how I'll get accepted when I'm posting away crazy like this here with the excuse of writing my personal statement... sigh...

I'm aware that physicians are MDs not PhDs, I know they work soo hard to achieve that status.. but please don't shoot yourself because someone called you a phD! Don't you think that's being a bit dramatic? Also...WE NEED MORE Doctors!!! LOL

By no means was this post aimed at physicians whatsoever!!! I hope you don't take any offense in the post here.

If you've read the other post.. you'd know where the "PhD" is coming from.. We're just joking around about the guy who claims to be a physician.. but whom we want to believe has a comp sci phD and works out of his mom's basement!!!

You don't have to get the logic...and you don't have to be a philosophy major to disprove any of it~
Heck I was the ONLY Anthropology major in my year (in addition to Biology), you had to see my parents' faces when they read only their daughter's name in the list of graduates in Anthropology... and anthropology is sure coming in handy now adays~
We're just having a blast whatever we're doing!!

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I didn't say that my degree in philosophy disproves anything. I merely stated it as a background of how I understand the mechanics of arguments. And from what I learned, the argument made does not fit any sort of schema. It is not reproducible and does not follow the form of argument that I think she's trying to make, which is deductive.

BTW, I'm a 3rd year. I personally think doctors do work harder than PhDs. I don't mean any offense by it. We deal with a whole myriad of grueling circumstances that PhDs are spared. They are the true academics. Good luck with getting in. One word of advice, make your personal statment concise and powerful. I interviewed prospective students at my medical school, and we stop reading when it's way too long. The interview is the most crucial deciding factor.
Good luck again!

Again, I respectfully disagree. I have plenty of friends who are doctors. And plenty who are Ph.Ds. I have a great deal of respect for both. I don't think being a student in med. school or a physician for that matter makes you a hard worker or smart. In my opinion, the people who get furthest in life are those who have emotional intelligence -- which in my mind is empathy and respect for others. I understand that you take great pride in being in school and your chosen profession and rightfully so but in my opinion it puts you in no position to judge. Also, while I appreciate your degree in philosophy, most things here are said tongue-in-cheek. This is a board about handbags. We are not really here to pontifcate.

I wish you the best of luck in your career and you handbag purchases!

:roflmfao: :yahoo: even I can't move or breathe so well due to the cold I've cought , I had a good laugh reading that *hihihihi you made my day

classwhore said:
I don't mean any specific offense to any of you
"shallow obsessors" but I want to make a few points.

1. Because male physicians are inherently ugly. You basically like them because to date them are a status symbol and they are emotionally expensive.

2.) Physicians encourage class warfare and are basically used to make other girls jealous that you have more money, or, more likely, more expensive goods, than them. Even if they dress in horrible 80's corduroy they needed their moms to help them pick out.

3.) It doesn't take any sense of "style" to go out and spend $10 on a physician. It takes a lack of it in my opinion. Style is looking good, perhaps looking different and breaking the trend. Style is maintaining a good physique, a healthy attitude, and self-confidence. I'll get back to you if I ever obtain any of the above.

4.) If you spent as much time and money and energy on expanding your mind, shrinking your bodies (i.e. working out), and establishing your own worth outside of material objects, not only would you be happier, but the world would be as well. But Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even — you're glib. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

zenu.jpg

5.) If you spent just 10% of the effort you put into purse shopping, admiring others' purses, reading about purses, writing about purses, ect. on being better in the bedroom, you would be happier, more fulfilled, and a better catch for worthwhile men than carrying around some stupid bag. Translation: OOPS, I think I've said too much about my private life, there.... I wish she'd come back to me....

6.) Women don't find physicians attractive. In fact, many women are repulsed by them and have to keep forcing themselves to try and like them because they're usually such self-important cheapass blowhards.

Nothing can be said to justify the time, energy, and money you spend on pursuing this rather useless endeavor. If you're dating a physician, you are wasting your time. ANY physician. Doesn't matter, they're all bad. Stereotype, stereotype, stereotype, that's my motto.

The underlying pathology underlying this underlying behavior is your underlying desire to consume, because all you underlying physicians KNOW that as you isolate yourself more and more from people and society, your apparent underlying inferiority complex is transparent.

chigirl said:
Again, I respectfully disagree. I have plenty of friends who are doctors. And plenty who are Ph.Ds. I have a great deal of respect for both. I don't think being a student in med. school or a physician for that matter makes you a hard worker or smart. In my opinion, the people who get furthest in life are those who have emotional intelligence -- which in my mind is empathy and respect for others. I understand that you take great pride in being in school and your chosen profession and rightfully so but in my opinion it puts you in no position to judge. Also, while I appreciate your degree in philosophy, most things here are said tongue-in-cheek. This is a board about handbags. We are not really here to pontifcate.

I wish you the best of luck in your career and you handbag purchases!

Sociology major? Or communications?

Of course he's back, when you are needing something in your life you go to the place where you can get the closest thing to what you really need.