Why do you use PurseForum?

I like bags there's no doubt about that but there are a lot of other interesting forums such as the health and fitness forum, the wardrobe forum, the kitchen forum. I like communicating with people with many different interests as myself.

queenmaa said:
i like bags there's no doubt about that but there are a lot of other interesting forums such as the health and fitness forum, the wardrobe forum, the kitchen forum. I like communicating with people with many different interests as myself.

+1

SOG Nail polish, primarily. Lurked around in the Gelish swatch thread for ages before actually joining. Love all the ideas and creativity in the nail threads. Some people around here are true artists.

.....it looks like I'm a "thread killer" that isn't going to happen anytime soon. .

HA! I should have left a long time ago then! :lol: I am the poster child for thread killing. Sometimes threads get closed right after I post something. Talk about harshing my mellow! Don't get discouraged. Just keep buttin' in when you feel like it. Someone will talk to you sooner or later. (Hey I'm talking' to you now!) In some threads I still feel invisible but trust me - sometimes you will want to be invisible!

I can't even remember how I found TPF. It was still new back then. I think there were about 50 of us in here. I came for the bags and stayed for the good conversation.

....I still get ignored about half the time...

Nonsense. Probably because no one ever has a good enough comeback! (how anyone could ever ignore Iggy in drag is beyond me too....) :biggrin:

Its my outlet, because I dont have any friends to talk to.
It started because of bags, but now its not.
I love looking at beautiful things and picturing in my mind how the people on here must live via their bags!

For ideas on what to buy and to stay informed on price increases, new lines, etc... Now I occasionally check out other sub-forums to motivate me to workout and actually cook. R&F makes me feel better about my own life and I offer advice when I can. Basically whenever I'm bored (like NOW) I browse tPF.

I originally came because this site's a good resource for info. on designer handbags.

I opted to stay because I've made a few friends and acquaintances, who I enjoy interacting with.

As far as having the red carpet rolled out for me, I never expected it. It's a group like any other and that means people will typically stick to those they know until they get to know you. Some will like you, others won't. You'll like some people and run to avoid others.

Just as is the case at a social event, some people will say things that are interesting to you and you will want to engage with them, others will make comments you find boring or inane and some will just drive you bonkers. The good thing is that you are not obligated to deal with any of them and vice-versa.

Last edited:
I originally came because this site's a good resource for info. on designer handbags.

I opted to stay because I've made a few friends and acquaintances, who I enjoy interacting with.

As far as having the red carpet rolled out for me, I never expected it. It's a group like any other and that means people will typically stick to those they know until they get to know you. Some will like you, others won't. You'll like some people and run to avoid others.

Just as is the case at a social event, some people will say things that are interesting to you and you will want to engage with them, others will make comments you find boring or inane and some will just drive you bonkers. The good thing is that you are not obligated to deal with any of them and vice-versa.

I don't remember ever posting a request to have a "red carpet rolled out for me". I just would like to not be completely ignored 99% of the time.

I don't remember ever posting a request to have a "red carpet rolled out for me". I just would like to not be completely ignored 99% of the time.

I hate to break it to you, but ... that wasn't directed at or in response to you, but was prompted by my thoughts on something I read somewhere else that written by someone else. General thoughts. It happens, yanno?

I came to research LV. I stayed because it is an awesome community of people willing to share their knowledge on any and everything. I go through phases as it is quite easy to get hooked so I have to back away every now and again :smile:

I used to post all the time, but ended up growing out of the handbag thing for awhile so I stopped posting and started other hobbies. I'm fickle with hobbies I do one for a little while then move on to something else and eventually circle back around the the original hobby. I mainly started posting again because I'm back into handbags and truthfully out of sheer boredom, plus I wanted to find out what was at the coach outlets right now and what kind of deals was going on.