Why do you think the Wallet on Chain (WOC) is one of the most resold Chanel items?

I love my wocs. I have 3 and they are one of the styles I use the most out of all my chanel bags. I don't carry much (only flat card wallet, lipstick, and phone - samsung flip z) and if I do need to carry things, I will put it in my pocket. I have 2 kids (6 and 8 yo). It's very versatile... carry it around anywhere, goes well in any setting (dressing up or down), and easy to travel with.

I think the reason why a lot of people sell it is because they realize it's too small for them or it is the first bag they bought because it was the most affordable bag they could buy (especially before chanel started selling all the other small bags) and it's a classic. Also, people sell so they could fund a bigger bag. Woc was my second chanel bag that I added to my collection, so it was a perfect balance. Mini CF was my first but I started collecting 10 years ago so Mini CF was only a little bit more than WOCs and very affordable back then as it was not a popular bag. I actually use my Wocs more than my minis CF too.
Same! My WOCs are used more than most of my bigger bags. They really are so versatile!

Reactions: jcshin
WOC is not for everyone. The chain is extremely long and the space is very limited. I think k those two are the most common reasons why people eventually sell their WOCs.
Yeah, agree.

I have an old one, a reissue style and like it for nights out, but now I also use it cross body style for days when I'm doing a lot of walking and don't want to carry a large bag. Still love it but do wish it held more.

Yeah, agree.

I have an old one, a reissue style and like it for nights out, but now I also use it cross body style for days when I'm doing a lot of walking and don't want to carry a large bag. Still love it but do wish it held more.
Agree, still wished it was a tad bigger, like the size/ capacity of the Louis Vuitton Pochette Accessoires.

Reactions: Jayne1
WOC is not for everyone. The chain is extremely long and the space is very limited. I think k those two are the most common reasons why people eventually sell their WOCs.
The newer Chanel WOC strap length is much shorter than the older ones. As current trend goes, WOC will continually sell well,
1 lowest price classic Chanel bag has all the elements of classic Chanel
2 can fit large cellphone plus cards & cash and a few more items
3 multiple ways to wear.
4, easy to take for travel and transition from day to night
5 easier to resell, won't lose as much money as some other Chanel bags.

Most people buy and sell this bag because:
1. It has a good price point to start with. Everyone who wants a new Chanel bag that doesn't break the bank is advised to start with a woc.
2. but then after buying it, they regret it because the chain is too long and the "bag" is too small. It is still not a proper bag, so they decide to sell it.

Reactions: Grande Latte
Honestly, I was very intrigued by WOCs when I first started collecting Chanel because they were a nice way to try out different styles and colors without breaking the bank too much. Now some seasonal ones are $4-5k. I know a lot of people use them for traveling, but I think they work best when you want to use them as a clutch for the evening or an event that a big bag would look out of place. They're perfect for weddings and cocktail parties. However, because the chain strap is soo thin and the bag is rather flat looking, I never see it as a proper bag either. I think people are better off saving a few extra bucks to get a mini flap or seasonal flaps that look more classic than trendy. In the long-run, they're already half the price of a small classic flap. Keep in mind that everything adds up! I calculated how much I spent on SLGs, costume jewelry, etc. and yea.. that is some serious bag money I lost. I think everyone needs at least one but it is not the priority.

I have bought so many wocs over the years and have always ended up selling them. The very first one I bought was around £700 and they’re now over £3000 I believe!! When my son was a toddler I used my woc daily but the long chain strap and limited space really bugged me. I ended up selling my one remaining woc a few years ago but recently have started to regret it. It was a fantastic bag for evening events or weddings. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and I realised I didn’t have a suitable evening bag so I ended up taking my medium classic flap and I didn’t feel it looked good with my outfit. It was too big and bulky. I wish I’d kept one woc for evening events or weddings. I also wish I’d kept it because it was useful for travel. I’d put it inside my travel bag and use as a wallet. When I went on holiday recently I really missed it.

Is it really true that the strap is shorter on the newer classic ones?

Reactions: onlyk
I LOVE WOCs. I just got a new pink one from 23B. It depends on your lifestyle. I drive door to door (living in LA never walk or take transportations) and I carry only my phone, id, cc, and lipstick. I'm also very petite so woc is just so perfect for me. I also do have a small classic flap but I rarely use it. It's bigger than woc but I carry same things so the small flap is too big for me lol.