Why do you think the Wallet on Chain (WOC) is one of the most resold Chanel items?

lani15

May 14, 2022
I notice more users on this forum post a comment about reselling their WOC as they no longer want it. I sold mine because it was too small and I only realized it months after purchasing when I wore it out for the first time.

For others who didn’t sell it for this reason (or those who did), but no longer wanted to keep this in their collection, what were your reasons?

I do own a Small CF that I absolutely love and couldn’t imagine selling (I bought it after I bought my WOC and should’ve purchased this the first time instead.)

I'm assuming people buy due to the price point then realize it's not right for them. I LOVE mine, want one in several more colors!
But seems most sell to it being too small inside.
I'm with you 150%....I bought mine 8years ago when first out...still lovely and one of the best go to options...besides my Hermes mini Lindy...truly depends on lifestyle....& for me the more the merrier!

My WOC is my go-to bag for dinner/drinks out in the neighborhood although I don’t think I will get a second one anytime soon. It is a bit too small if I’m out and about the entire day. My main quibble with the WOC is that the chain is wayyy too long for me even crossbody - I tried using a clip to shorten it but noticed it leaves a mark on the leather so I’m experimenting with other ways to shorten it. I don’t think I will sell mine since it fulfills a very specific function, but I don’t think I love it enough to get a second one.

I have one from many years ago and bought it specifically to take on trips. In theory it is perfect for that, but the only downside is the the chain is heavy and just makes the carry-on heavier. Like the poster above, I did buy it for a specific function and doubt that I would sell it.

I love my black WOC, but at the same time I don't think I would buy another color (though never say never with Chanel, right?). There are times I feel that it's an absolutely perfect size and so easy to wear with anything and other times I feel it's too small or that it doesn't look like a proper bag when worn since it's technically a wallet. I would still never sell it though because it's very useful and a must have in my collection. However, one is enough.

Reactions: sassygee
My 1st Chanel purchase was the WOC and it was a sign that if I didn't wear it right away, it would not work out for me. I found the strap length too long and didn't like constantly fiddling with the chain. I ended up selling it to my relative and she loves it. Years later, Chanel made the mini version of the WOC.......the strap length was shorter and somehow that size worked for me. Surprisingly, since it is smaller, it fits about the same as the regular WOC because of its depth.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
Ha. I didn't even know WOC is one of the most resold items on reseller sites until I got one and watched a few YouTube videos. My take is it is because the WOC is one of the most entry level bags in Chanel (at least it looks like a micro bag with a chain). Chanel doesn't even call it a handbag, it is considered a SLG, but nonetheless, if you buy it now, you get 5 year warranty.

And also because we are in the nano/ micro handbag era so the smaller the bag, the easier it is to sell.