Why do you think the Wallet on Chain (WOC) is one of the most resold Chanel items?

Stunning! This is a dream bag for me! I never really liked the 19 until I saw the WOC. If it were me, I would use this with every type of outfit. My WOCs are too casual to use for evening, but yours is a bit more versatile and can be used both casually and more formally. You should go on YouTube and Instagram to find styling inspiration. Pinterest might also be of help. Enjoy this gorgeous piece of heaven!

Reactions: lani15
What's your opinion as to why so many WOCs are on the resale market relative to other popular Chanel styles?

Edit: you said earlier that people realize it's not right for them because it's too small--so, it sounds like your earlier post was in agreement with what I had said. But I do get what you meant by how it's not impractical for many people. I guess it all depends on the lifestyle.

I have two and ADORE them! It really does depend on lifestyle and situation. Most of the time, they are the perfect size for me, and can hold everything that I need (note that I use the card slots, and make use of all of the pockets). However, sometimes the bag is too small. My sunglasses, for example, are all too big to fit inside, even without a case. So, depending on what I’m doing/where I’m going, I either bring a little shopper tote with me (like a reusable Lululemon bag) to hold my extra stuff (water bottle, book, sunglasses case), place my sunglasses on my head, or forgo wearing sunglasses altogether.

For some people, the bag will always be too small for their needs. But, for some of us, the WOCs Are a perfect size and are very practical. I tried one on in the store and played with it to see what fits. I also watched a lot of videos to see what can fit into a WOC.

I think people just need to do more research - and adjust their expectations - before buying a WOC.

I have bought and sold so many of these over the years and really it’s because I can’t fit anything in besides cards and wallets (which is the point but I don’t learn). I say I will use these for travel or running errands but never do, so I gave up and got rid of them all. Sometimes I am tempted but I now stop myself because I know what will happen. Saying that, I just went against my own advice (I was in Paris, it happens lol) I got a Constance to go, but it is now going to my mum lol. I need to stick with my minis or small bags that fully cross like my reissue!
I totally understand. I never used the card slots. It’s just too small.

I think the woc deserves a slight redesign to bring it to current needs of customers. Despite digital wallets, most people still need a physical wallet to fit in there regardless of the integrated card slots. Car key fobs seem to be larger these days than when you had to turn an actual key into the ignition.

And a lot of people still need the room to switch between sunglasses and eyeglasses.
I need room for sunglasses and other things I agree.
lani15, I did get it but I returned it. The oh-so-soft-Chanel Lambskin is elusive this year. This Lambskin WOC was coated with something that made it dull-looking and not at all soft. By some miracle my SA was able to find a Black Caviar SH WOC. This is my second Chanel black caviar item this year, and both are gorgeous. So, a very happy ending.
I had the lambskin one. I prefer it over caviar but my flap is in caviar

Reactions: 422stewart
Have owned and sold so many wocs over the years, I’ve lost count. Sold my final woc a couple of years ago (black caviar with silver hardware) and really regret it. I actually used to use it daily (crossbody so could be hands-free, more under the radar than bigger designer bags, discreet enough for outings with my son to parks etc, great for travel and the perfect evening bag) so I don’t actually know why I sold it! The long chain drop was annoying. I also hated how once I had my keys in it, sometimes the snap wouldn’t close, and if I wanted something at the bottom of it, I had to take everything out and try to fit it all in again.
The chain length was too long on me as well

When I went to the Chanel store in Toronto, and saw the classic WOCs...I was extremely unimpressed. As some posters have said, they're very entry-level items for Chanel (although they now cost more than $4k in Canadian Dollars...so "entry-level" is such a stretch), and they're probably being resold because of their absurd impracticality.

Edit to add: They're not impractical because of their size (I mean, they're only "wallets" after all), but because you're paying so much for something so tiny, how much use can you get?
I totally agree. It’s overpriced as well. It’s entry level until you can purchase the other Chanel items you like.

Hi Everyone,

Living in China means I only need to a carry a phone for digital payments and even entering some buildings via QR codes. A few critical cards like my ID and a backup bank card. The lighter the better for me. Most of the locks are biometric or electronic.

Black classic caviar with silver hardware is perfect for daily casual use. I loop the chain under the flap and fasten it using zip ties to shorten the chain.

Wouldn’t think about selling it. I could see how it may not be a good fit for some people. For me, it can be my daily.

When I went to the Chanel store in Toronto, and saw the classic WOCs...I was extremely unimpressed. As some posters have said, they're very entry-level items for Chanel (although they now cost more than $4k in Canadian Dollars...so "entry-level" is such a stretch), and they're probably being resold because of their absurd impracticality.

Edit to add: They're not impractical because of their size (I mean, they're only "wallets" after all), but because you're paying so much for something so tiny, how much use can you get?
Surprisingly enough, 10+ yrs of constant “almost everyday” use lol To each his own…

Because mini/ super small bags are in so WOC naturally got a boost in resale market. 10 or so years ago, I'd never have looked at a WOC, I'd always go for the real handbags.

But now I kind of see their appeal and want one in another color, hopefully something with crystals. :smile: :heart: :smile:

Reactions: LCW884
I sold mine before because I want to downsize my collection and I don’t really like the snap button but then regret it. When I know they changed to magnetic button, I try to repurchase, the price went up and I was on the list for few months to get black caviar with gold hw combo. I finally got it after another price increased and I will never sell it ever again. I love the magnetic button much more than snap button.
I have been using the WOC more than any other of my Chanel bags. i don't need to carry a car key, so it's perfect for a cc, license, lip balm, lip liner and my phone. Sometimes I throw in my allergy pills in a tiny vial. My WOC has the snap, but even if I could snag one with a magnetic button, I wouldn't sell my current WOC. (It is iridescent gold and I got it when I said no more black Chanel items.)

For all those complaining about the chain length I had CL purse that I loved (and wish I hadn’t sold). But I hated how long the chain was. I took it to local specialty dry cleaners that had a reputation for for fixing bags that had aged. So I took it in and a week or so later it was exact length I wanted.

For all those complaining about the chain length I had CL purse that I loved (and wish I hadn’t sold). But I hated how long the chain was. I took it to local specialty dry cleaners that had a reputation for for fixing bags that had aged. So I took it in and a week or so later it was exact length I wanted.
Great choice!

I have 4 and use them for travel. I can’t imagine not having them. The Only one I sold is the snap button as I detest a snap button. All of mine have a magnetic close or working turn lock.
I just bought the new white lambskin WOC in Paris last month and love it so far. It never appealed to me bc of the magnetic snap and I worried about the safety of it. But since the style I got has a turnlock closure, I felt better about getting it. I know most ppl find it too small but it’s exactly as what it’s called, a wallet but on a chain. I went to a wedding recently and tucked the chain inside, used it handheld and got lots of compliments. I also used it in Paris wearing it inside my coat and felt more secure with it crossbody since I was almost pickpocketed in the metro 2 days before. So all in all, I am pleasantly surprised by my WOC since I usually carry a ton of stuff with me.

The boutiques also have the clips that they give to you for free to shorten the chain. They happened to be out of it when I bought my WOC but they sell them on Amazon too.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I just bought the new white lambskin WOC in Paris last month and love it so far. It never appealed to me bc of the magnetic snap and I worried about the safety of it. But since the style I got has a turnlock closure, I felt better about getting it. I know most ppl find it too small but it’s exactly as what it’s called, a wallet but on a chain. I went to a wedding recently and tucked the chain inside, used it handheld and got lots of compliments. I also used it in Paris wearing it inside my coat and felt more secure with it crossbody since I was almost pickpocketed in the metro 2 days before. So all in all, I am pleasantly surprised by my WOC since I usually carry a ton of stuff with me.
Yes, I can totally see it. White lambskin WOC used as a clutch to attend a wedding. It sounds divine. I love how casual it can be when worn crossbody, and also how elegant it can be when worn as a clutch. Overall, the WOC is a good thing to have in a Chanel collection. :heart:

I sold my black caviar one because I got it right before they released the magnetic button version. I purchased in Europe and live in the states so I didn’t lose money when selling. I repurchased the woc with the magnetic closure and then sold it when I wanted to put the funds towards another bag. I kept my seasonal woc and sold the classic because it didn’t feel as special as the iridescent seasonal one with larger CCs. I like the woc as an evening clutch but have other small bags better suited for running errands and travel so my woc doesn’t get much use. I am not a collector so I sell what I don’t use often and replace with something I can use more frequently.

I love my wocs. I have 3 and they are one of the styles I use the most out of all my chanel bags. I don't carry much (only flat card wallet, lipstick, and phone - samsung flip z) and if I do need to carry things, I will put it in my pocket. I have 2 kids (6 and 8 yo). It's very versatile... carry it around anywhere, goes well in any setting (dressing up or down), and easy to travel with.

I think the reason why a lot of people sell it is because they realize it's too small for them or it is the first bag they bought because it was the most affordable bag they could buy (especially before chanel started selling all the other small bags) and it's a classic. Also, people sell so they could fund a bigger bag. Woc was my second chanel bag that I added to my collection, so it was a perfect balance. Mini CF was my first but I started collecting 10 years ago so Mini CF was only a little bit more than WOCs and very affordable back then as it was not a popular bag. I actually use my Wocs more than my minis CF too.