Why do you think the Wallet on Chain (WOC) is one of the most resold Chanel items?

I think it's an entry-level item for Chanel (except for cardcases). It's kind of a safe purchase in a way. I might be wrong. My first boy WOC was part of a desensitization process for me. Once I paid $2700 for a WOC, I was ready for anything LOL. I still have it and I wouldn't sell it though. I stopped buying Chanel because there is a huge dissonance these days between quality and price. Otherwise, I would still be a client.

I love my wocs and I wouldn’t sell them. However, it’s only good if you carry the bare minimum (few cards, cash, phone, lip balm, pocket tissue, keys). I can see if a person needs to carry more than that it might not be worth having.

Reactions: lani15
I don't wear my WOC much at all, but did occasionally use when my kiddo was little. One of the things that bothered me about it was how the narrow chain strap would pull on silk blouses. The wider strap on chanel minis does not pull at all on delicate fabrics. I likely would not add another WOC, but can't imagine selling the one I have.

Have owned and sold so many wocs over the years, I’ve lost count. Sold my final woc a couple of years ago (black caviar with silver hardware) and really regret it. I actually used to use it daily (crossbody so could be hands-free, more under the radar than bigger designer bags, discreet enough for outings with my son to parks etc, great for travel and the perfect evening bag) so I don’t actually know why I sold it! The long chain drop was annoying. I also hated how once I had my keys in it, sometimes the snap wouldn’t close, and if I wanted something at the bottom of it, I had to take everything out and try to fit it all in again.

Have owned and sold so many wocs over the years, I’ve lost count. Sold my final woc a couple of years ago (black caviar with silver hardware) and really regret it. I actually used to use it daily (crossbody so could be hands-free, more under the radar than bigger designer bags, discreet enough for outings with my son to parks etc, great for travel and the perfect evening bag) so I don’t actually know why I sold it! The long chain drop was annoying. I also hated how once I had my keys in it, sometimes the snap wouldn’t close, and if I wanted something at the bottom of it, I had to take everything out and try to fit it all in again.
The long drop annoyed me too - I’ve now shortened mine by tying up the “extra” chain with a piece of thread and it’s working out so far. Also started using a base shaper and that’s made it easier to get things in and out. I’m taking mine on a trip where I expect to use it all weekend - hoping it becomes one of those “easy” bags for me as so many TPFers have raved about here!

It doesn’t work for a lot of people because of how small it is. Many need to carry more than just a phone lipstick and keys especially to work. I have many because it works for my lifestyle. I wish I had more colors but that means I have to sell my other bags but I don’t want to yet

I have two WOCS, and they are my favourite bags. I wish the price hadn’t gone up so much, or I would add more to my collection. Although they are small, they really are useful. I think it really depends on your lifestyle and what you need to carry. When I need to carry more with me, I just take a bigger bag. When I need less, I use my WOCS.

I like the size and proportions of the WOC, it's a really nice piece for evenings out. But the snap button drives me crazy, so I leave my credit card in the outer pocket in order to minimize opening the flap (I'm also too lazy to use the credit card slots!). I tie a ribbon around the chain and can comfortably wear it crossbody.

I have two WOCS, and they are my favourite bags. I wish the price hadn’t gone up so much, or I would add more to my collection. Although they are small, they really are useful. I think it really depends on your lifestyle and what you need to carry. When I need to carry more with me, I just take a bigger bag. When I need less, I use my WOCS.
What colors are they? If you don't mind my asking.

I have the deep pink, so next one should be a neutral/ black for practicality and ease of pairing with wardrobe. But I adore fun colors. Cannot decide.

What colors are they? If you don't mind my asking.

I have the deep pink, so next one should be a neutral/ black for practicality and ease of pairing with wardrobe. But I adore fun colors. Cannot decide.

My first one is a deep blue colour. It’s from the 2013 Cruise line. It’s patent leather with silver hardware, and has the white CC logo on it (like the one that you see on the top of their cosmetic lids). My second one is a red Boy, chevron pattern, with ruthenium hardware.

I really want to add a 19 WOC to my collection, but the prices are just so insane! My Boy WOC was double the price of the my blue one!

It really is tough to decide. Your deep pink WOC sounds gorgeous! I can totally understand your rationale of wanting to add a neutral. Hmm. I think you should go with the one that makes your heart sing . Neutrals are great and classic. However, if you wear an outfit that is more neutral, then a colourful WOC could make your outfit pop.

Have fun deciding! Decisions, decisions!

When I went to the Chanel store in Toronto, and saw the classic WOCs...I was extremely unimpressed. As some posters have said, they're very entry-level items for Chanel (although they now cost more than $4k in Canadian Dollars...so "entry-level" is such a stretch), and they're probably being resold because of their absurd impracticality.

Edit to add: They're not impractical because of their size (I mean, they're only "wallets" after all), but because you're paying so much for something so tiny, how much use can you get?

• Thanks
When I went to the Chanel store in Toronto, and saw the classic WOCs...I was extremely unimpressed. As some posters have said, they're very entry-level items for Chanel (although they now cost more than $4k in Canadian Dollars...so "entry-level" is such a stretch), and they're probably being resold because of their absurd impracticality.

Edit to add: They're not impractical because of their size (I mean, they're only "wallets" after all), but because you're paying so much for something so tiny, how much use can you get?

I use mine all the time, not remotely unpractical for many of us!

I use mine all the time, not remotely unpractical for many of us!
What's your opinion as to why so many WOCs are on the resale market relative to other popular Chanel styles?

Edit: you said earlier that people realize it's not right for them because it's too small--so, it sounds like your earlier post was in agreement with what I had said. But I do get what you meant by how it's not impractical for many people. I guess it all depends on the lifestyle.

My first Chanel purchase was last weekend. WOC 19 Black/Gold, Laced CC Turn lock, mix metal strap. I’m still processing…
The goal: evening, dressy w/casual, travel.
Processing: The strap seems heavy for the bag. Should I go a bit larger? What would that be? Ugh just getting to know Chanel.