WHY do you guys get so MAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me I never ever get mad when seeing someone is carrying a fake one, cause where i live theres not so many people carryying real thing or even carrying designer's thing.. I do agree with Pursegalsf that it makes me happier that Im using the real thing! :biggrin:
And almost everytime when I told my friend to look at someone and told that he/she carrying a fake thing, my friend always told me that they might not know that its fake or even dont know what was they'er carrying and its true! most of them dont even know other lining of Lv apart from the Monograme Canves lol!
And sometims these people are really freindly than some one who is carrying the real thing and are so arrogant to the ppl around...
thats my oppinion though....

amanda said:
i totally judge people that wear fake bags. for the same reason i judge people that wear jean shorts. they're TACKY. ignore all the philisophical ramifications of how our society now accepts a total lack of authenticity, because i think that argument is going on above the heads of most of the people defending fake bags. everyone judges someone when they see them wearing something ugly or tacky. i don't understand what the big deal is.

i know i'm going to get flamed for this, but it's purely honest, so go ahead.

i like my jean shorts even though they are obscenely short and totally inappropriate for my age. :shame: that being said, i do carry real LV.

chigirl said:
i like my jean shorts even though they are obscenely short and totally inappropriate for my age. :shame: that being said, i do carry real LV.

hey, if you're carrying real LV, i'm not looking at your jean shorts ;)

amanda said:
i totally judge people that wear fake bags. for the same reason i judge people that wear jean shorts. they're TACKY. ignore all the philisophical ramifications of how our society now accepts a total lack of authenticity, because i think that argument is going on above the heads of most of the people defending fake bags. everyone judges someone when they see them wearing something ugly or tacky. i don't understand what the big deal is.

so true! maybe if everyone in the world was blind people wouldn't be so judgemental of appearances, but thats just not the way it is

I accidently visited this thread -- saw it on the main page.
I'm sorry that I even clicked on it in the first place. I find many postings very mean (personal attack b/c someone has a different opinion). I visit the Purse Forum everyday b/c I find everyone very nice (with the same hobby). I'm so disappointed and wish I didn't come across this. Just my personal comment, I'm exiting this thread right now. Please don't flame and be mean just because I posted my thoughts.

I don't get mad, per se, when I see a fake bag. But I do feel a certain amount of disappointment and disgust. Counterfeiting is ILLEGAL. The theft of creative intellectual property is ILLEGAL. A good portion of the money generated from the sale of fakes goes to ILLEGAL activities such as international organized crime, child labor, prostitution and drug trafficking. And last but not least, fakes are tacky, ugly and cheap. Just live within your means and keep it real.

I guess my screen name says it all. I get a laugh out of fake bags. I was a victim of paying $400+ for what was sold to me as authentic Gucci off luxmoda.com. I got my $ back. I'm more against people who sell the fake bags than people who carry them.

NoKnockOffs-- good point. They are 'enablers'. Without them, there would be no fakes on the street.

PS Daniellejp cute hair!:smile:

Baglover-- if you do visit this thread again, I'm sorry it offended you. However, as long as it is not vulgar, I support the right for people to share their opinions, just like you shared yours:smile:

i'd be flat out lying if i said i didn't judge people for carrying fakes. in fact, i'll even go as far as to say i look down on some people who carry fakes (if they are obviously trying to pass it off for the real thing). i do not have the same ethical problems that many have expressed with fake bags, simply because i have not researched far enough into the issue to form a strong opinion. i do know that carrying illegal knockoffs is wrong, but the bigger issue i have with them are that they are tacky, as amanda, pointed out. if you cannot afford something, do not buy it - period. and if you do, expect people to look down on you if they realize it, because that is simply the way our world works. people are going to shallowly judge one another based on material possessions, and regardless of all the many more drastic problems in the world, this will not change.

amanda said:

I agree completely!

I dont give any one dirty looks when I see fakes, as I assume they do not know better.
Fakes mean child labour and very poor working conditions. It means no benefits or healthcare. It also means that the couture house it self is suffering. As, in most cases sure, the bag is actually over priced. But you are paying for quality and in most cases after care. For example Louis Vuitton prides themselves in aftercare, claming that they make bags for life. So you can use one forever.
There is one more thing that bothers me alot. And that is people who claim the item is authentic, and infact it is not. In this case this means you are misleading and infact lying to the person buying.

I do not see why, when there are so many bags in the market one could by without hurting other people as a result of it, someone would buy a plastic replica of a designer bag.

I never assume that the person carrying the fake knows it's a fake as I have encountered one person who didn't know it was a fake and spent her $ on it. True, she could've researched more but all she wanted was that bag she saw and she wasn't familiar with Coach so she bought it. I don't judge them. I'm just happy with spending my money on authentic bags. I was given some fakes as gifts in the past. I magically did not get any this past Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.