Why Do Sellers Take Pics in Front of Their Pool?

I've often noticed this too - I agree with another member that said it makes the buyer feel as if they are buying into that lifestyle, similar to how Jcrew always take photoshoots at the beach, suggesting that people that wear JCrew are the Nantucket beach going high life living type.

Not sure what lifestyle you are buying into with CL's on a toilet...lol

:roflmfao::lol::roflmfao: Ohhhh the things I am tempted to say here!

I think it looks nice with the lighting and all since artificial light can distort colors..and also, it's easier to tell if your pics have been stolen by another seller. I use basically the same background on my pics and it really helps.
The funniest one I saw the other day was when the seller took pics of the item in their Mercedes (on the steering wheel, near the gear shift, etc.). That one was a total showoff lol.

Lol I just reread this and it definitely came out wrong...I *meant* I use the same, consistent background for my pictures (NOT of a pool lol) so I can always tell if someone takes my pics. I learned my lesson when some seller stole my pics; they weren't super distinguishable so I fixed that right away.

I dont think it's the seller's intention to show off their pool and never once have I thought of that when i see ebay auctions with a pool as the background. It's a nice background in natural daylight, that's it.

Noice!

ebayblunderwg1.jpg

PAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Cal where do you find these!!!!!????
The caption on the kettle is too funny.... took me a while to see the second one - I thought the shocking part was their messy house!