Why Do Sellers Take Pics in Front of Their Pool?

I agree, I think it's because the seller is thinking a nice background will make the bag look nicer. A great bag will look fantastic no matter what's in the background, and there's no need for pools etc.

^^ Excellent point. It's like those car ads that use girls in bikinis to sell the car.

I prefer the item to stand alone. I want to see exactly what I'm getting with no distractions.

I think she might be saying, "I'm rich, this bag can not possibly be a fake."

Exactly. :yes:

BTW, I don't really see what needing the money, or not, has to do with whether one would buy from a seller, or not? :shrugs:

eBay isn't supposed to be a charity, after all, where we take pity on people and buy their bags to help them out; it's supposed to be a marketplace, where we can find items we really want to buy.

Also, just because someone has a nice pool, it doesn't, necessarily, mean they have financial liquidity (if you'll pardon the pun?!); in fact, paying for the pool may be why she needs to sell her bags! :biggrin:

I don't think that she's necessarily trying to show off...I used to have a pool at my old house and I loved it! So gorgeous, I used to just stand there sometimes with a drink looking at the backyard and the pool, water is calming and maybe the seller thinks it will help her sell the item! She could have received the present as a gift and didn't like it! My friend always buys her mom handbags (like a few bags a month $2000+) But they don't sell them lol they just throw it in a closet if they don't use it! At least if the seller is selling the bag then someone else will get to enjoy it!

the toilet pic is classic:roflmfao: I actually don't care where people take pics as long as I can see the item clearly and the background is uncluttered. I also prefer natural light. I am guilty of quite a few unmade bed photos but thankfully I've never had to resort to taking pics in the bathroom :nuts:

Seller listed a bag today in front of her pool but her nail polish is chipped! Yuck! Pool looks great, so does the bag but for Pete's sake get a manicure or don't put your hands in the picture.
93750483_o.jpg

Oh BTW, did anyone read the seller's "me" page?

OH MY GOSH! THAT's MY BAG and MY POOL!!!! Okay... so the reason I take my pix in front of the pool is that photos taken in natural light are much better than photos taken indoors. Unless you have studio lighting, taking photos outdoors gives you much more EVEN LIGHTLING, eliminating shadows, which in turn, gives you the clearest, best picture quality. Nothing bothers me more than POORLY LIT MERCHANDISE --- shots taken TOO FAR AWAY --- GRAINY IMAGES --- you get the idea! So no... I"M NOT SHOWING OFF! (Though I love my pool, my house and my husband! And not in that order!) Hugs to all! Brooke at la*style!:woohoo:

This background or any other wouldn't be a problem had it been an advertisement for Marc Jacobs himself. So why is an Ebay seller expected to have any lower level of professionalism selling the same product? I like this picture myself. Its better than those sellers who expect you to buy things that pictured lying on the floor!