Who would you love to see designing the Women's RTW?

Feb 22, 2020
I just thought I'd put this out there.
Love it or hate it most members have an opinion on the ready to wear.
I'm going to focus on Women's wear for now since the SS24 collection is fresh off the runway.
If Nadège were to step down who would you like to see take her place and if possible I'd like to hear why.
I'll start:
I'm going to nominate two, One something of a veteran in the luxury market the other a relative newcomer.
1st Nomination
Peter Do, I've been following this youngish (32yo) Vietnamese born, New York based designer since his first show in NFW in 2021.
After graduating FIT he won the LVMH graduate prize and then worked at Celine during Phoebes last few years there.
But enough of his background my reasons for the nomination are thus:
He presents beautiful (to my eyes anyway) minimalistic yet never dull clothes that have little refined twists that make them both timeless AND exciting.
I loved his latest Women's rtw show and it was clear that the financial boost to his brand due to him taking the helm at Helmut Lang has allowed him to elevate his eponymous label to another level.
But I'm not a fashion writer so I'll shut up now..Take a look and see what you think.
I think if he were to design for Hermes he would inject the feel of the Margiela years with a newer Peter Do style edge.
2nd:
Kim Jones
Needs no introduction.
I've loved his work for Fendi especially the most recent show.
His tailoring is on point, he does sexy in a very chic way and lets be honest his clothes look fantastic on the hanger.
He is used to working with iconic heritage houses and under his directorship I've seen some clever new styles of bags and shoes.
finally wether working in leather, silk, wool or knit his garments are always to my eyes beautiful.
Ok..
Over to you....

I must confess that my knowledge of new designers is limited, as I am still nostalgic about the 90s and early 2000s. However, I am open to exploring contemporary fashion and I believe that an Arabian designer would bring a fresh perspective to the scene. My personal favorite would be Elie Saab, who is known for his exquisite and sophisticated designs that exude femininity. Moreover, I think that Saab's expertise in couture would be a valuable asset to Hermes, as he can create stunning dresses that embody the brand's luxury and refinement.

I'm going to focus on Women's wear for now since the SS24 collection is fresh off the runway.
If Nadège were to step down who would you like to see take her place and if possible I'd like to hear why.
I'll start:
I'm going to nominate two, One something of a veteran in the luxury market the other a relative newcomer.
1st Nomination
Peter Do, I've been following this youngish (32yo) Vietnamese born, New York based designer since his first show in NFW in 2021.
After graduating FIT he won the LVMH graduate prize and then worked at Celine during Phoebes last few years there.
He presents beautiful (to my eyes anyway) minimalistic yet never dull clothes that have little refined twists that make them both timeless AND exciting.
I loved his latest Women's rtw show and it was clear that the financial boost to his brand due to him taking the helm at Helmut Lang has allowed him to elevate his eponymous label to another level.
But I'm not a fashion writer so I'll shut up now..Take a look and see what you think.
I think if he were to design for Hermes he would inject the feel of the Margiela years with a newer Peter Do style edge.
2nd:
Kim Jones
Needs no introduction.
His tailoring is on point, he does sexy in a very chic way and lets be honest his clothes look fantastic on the hanger.
He is used to working with iconic heritage houses and under his directorship I've seen some clever new styles of bags and shoes.
finally wether working in leather, silk, wool or knit his garments are always to my eyes beautiful.
Ok..
Over to you....

The CD doesn't design, it's her vision and edit, so you'd have to change most of the design team

I guess Phoebe Philo would have been a good fit (no pun intended) but she's going to get her own label now so too late!

I'll start:
1st Nomination
2nd:
Kim Jones
Needs no introduction.
Ok..
Over to you....

OK, well I don't like Do, especially not his work at HL, how hard can it be? I hated that pink ribbon nonsense

Kim Jones, absolutely NON! Nicolas Ghesquière maybe (but he seems quite happy at LV)

What about Olivier Theyskens? Just say YES :biggrin:

OK, well I don't like Do, especially not his work at HL, how hard can it be? I hated that pink ribbon nonsense

Kim Jones, absolutely NON! Nicolas Ghesquière maybe (but he seems quite happy at LV)

Olivier Theyskens YES!!!!!
brilliant suggestion except frighteningly challenging for my bank account.
I choose to ignore Do's work at HL but I've got a lot of love for his past couple of collections for his own brand.

Olivier Theyskens YES!!!!!
brilliant suggestion except frighteningly challenging for my bank account.
I choose to ignore Do's work at HL but I've got a lot of love for his past couple of collections for his own brand.
Theyskens!!! 100% yes!!! He would be perfect for the role.