Who would you love to see designing the Women's RTW?

Absolutely not kim Jones. In my opinion, his style is associated in my mind with LV and dior streetwear. Loewe’s Jonathan Anderson gets rave reviews, but I don’t really see thst either.

I prefer mens collections in general. I would want grown up, polished clothing, with enough of a twist so as not to be too establishment. Someone who can understand the tailored side of the house rather than fantasy. Someone who can understand pants and jackets and separates. But different enough from the Row, Akris, Jil Sander and that ilk. I used to like HedI Slimane a lot, but could not fit into the clothes.

I haven’t kept up with Theyskens at all. I vaguely remember theyskens theory from some years ago. I think probably Belgian style may be the way to go. Was Theyskens one of those designers influenced by the Antwerp Six. I don’t remember. How about Haider Ackermann or Glenn Martens

I’ve also read a little bit about someone named Di Du. I don’t know much, except she is a Chinese fashion designer who is Paris based and a graduate from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Antwerp Fashion Department. i think some of her designs are too gimmicky, but then I look at the bra tops of this season lol. on second thought, she’s a bit too pretty in her style.

OT, Im not crazy bout Pierre Hardy. I think his designs are a bit tired.

Last edited:
I don't care who would be the designer. As long as they understand the women's bodies. We ain't all skinny. I sure I don't :whut:
I think that your comment echos the frustrations of other women regarding the disparity between 'real' women and their bodies and garments shown on the runway.
due to height /age body type I only tend to see coats, jackets and trousers in the latest Hermes show that would work for me.

Absolutely not kim Jones. In my opinion, his style is associated in my mind with LV and dior streetwear. Loewe’s Jonathan Anderson gets rave reviews, but I don’t really see thst either.

I prefer mens collections in general. I would want grown up, polished clothing, with enough of a twist so as not to be too establishment. Someone who can understand the tailored side of the house rather than fantasy. Someone who can understand pants and jackets and separates. But different enough from the Row, Akris, Jil Sander and that ilk. I used to like HedI Slimane a lot, but could not fit into the clothes.

I haven’t kept up with Theyskens at all. I vaguely remember theyskens theory from some years ago. I think probably Belgian style may be the way to go. Was Theyskens one of those designers influenced by the Antwerp Six. I don’t remember. How about Haider Ackermann or Glenn Martens

I’ve also read a little bit about someone named Di Du. I don’t know much, except she is a Chinese fashion designer who is Paris based and a graduate from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Antwerp Fashion Department. i think some of her designs are too gimmicky, but then I look at the bra tops of this season lol. on second thought, she’s a bit too pretty in her style.

I really value your opinion due to your wonderful personal style and taste, which leads me to ask wouldn't Peter Do hit the sweet spot for you?
Have a look at his most recent show.
Theyskens for me would marry the best of JPG (drama, cut, clothes that make a woman feel sexy and strong) with a hint of the masculine tailoring that MM was so good at.
have a look at his Instagram

Maybe you'd like Ann Demeulemeester

I swear so many of the ‘hot new designers’ right now seem obsessed with tight little bra tops :wtf:

Who knew Brandy Melville was such a master couturier?

I dunno if it’s my age but I find it all a bit demeaning.

I love so many of these suggestions! I want clothes for grown up women (in either women’s or men’s RTW - I agree the men’s line is often much more appealing than the women’s). I get that the house wants to appear youthful, accessible and “humble” lol but who is actually shelling out for these extraordinarily expensive garments? It’s not the kids buying a lipstick. It’s grown up women with grown up bodies of all shapes and sizes. I want someone with a background in proper tailoring, who knows how to construct clothes and, critically, who has spent their formative design years in a cluttered atelier personally fitting clothes to real women’s bodies. And, I want a wholesale move away from branding and logos.

Last edited:
I think it’s an interesting question really because in a way the designers who get promoted in fashion media and the designers who benefit a brand’s finances can be 2 different people. Marc Bohan does not receive the same praise as the Galliano years but he lasted a lot longer iDK.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I think it’s an interesting question really because in a way the designers who get promoted in fashion media and the designers who benefit a brand’s finances can be 2 different people. Marc Bohan does not receive the same praise as the Galliano years but he lasted a lot longer iDK.
I think its more a case of the runway pieces that get photographed and talked about are very different to the items not shown on the runway but part of the collection that ends up in the shop and sells well.
regarding Galliano if not for his well known racism outburst and subsequent sacking I think he may well have lasted at Dior much longer.

• Insightful
Reactions: Bagatha Christie