Who are hermes owners:

Agree with the others, this is such a cute thread.

Born in New York in 1985. I grew up in upstate New York. After undergrad, I moved down south for work and for warmer weather. I love the area and have no intention of moving back, but do love to visit both upstate and the city every year.

My first Hermes purchase was a scarf at George V in Paris 2009. The “Passementerie” in bright green that I still have to this day. It was my first introduction to Hermes on a trip to France with Mom. I walked in the boutique and was just blown away; By the beautiful scarves, by the friendly SAs, by the whole experience in general. Just pulled this scarf out the other day actually:smile:
IMG_9762.jpeg

My last major H purchase was a black K28 retourne PHW in May; Gris Meyer CTG and an Aqua Cabriole blanket in August; Chypres in Sept

I chanced upon this lovely thread to get to know Hermes lovers on this forum.

I was born in Singapore, fast forward studies / work, I have now been living in Australia since 2006 after marriage and currently in my 40s.

My 1st H purchase was in 2020 which was a Mini Evelyne in Noir with GHW.
My latest purchase was Chaine d'ancre Enchainee bracelet and mini pop H earrings in New Jaune De Naples.

What a lovely thread. I love hearing everyone's stories.

I'm in my early 40s. I'm originally from Scotland, but lived in London for a year before moving to Spain in my early 20s. With my then bf now husband. I studied musical theatre and was a professional dancer, then teacher. In my early 30s I returned to University and studied Fashion management.
Next year after over 20 years in Spain, we will return home, this time with our beautiful son and gorgeous sheepdog :smile:
I can't wait, but will miss having an amazing H store and great relationship. I have been extremely lucky with my offers and know I wouldn't have been so lucky elsewhere. I think i'll keep going there instead of Manchester ( which would be my nearest store).
I grew up obsessed with fashion, especially the glamour of old Hollywood, I watched many old movies with my beloved Gran and that's how I knew about Grace Kelly and her fabulous bag!
My first H item was a beautiful pink silk 90cm in 2014, and my last was my SO black Birkin verso in Chèvre.

Just turned (a youngish) 51, born and raised in Los Angeles. Single, no kids, lots of nieces and nephews. I am the cool/favorite aunt. I have always loved clothes and fashion, dressing myself since I was seven. I feel my style is a bit whimsy, eclectic, sometimes boho, once edgy, more maximalist not so minimalist. I love color… love me some flair… love accessories. My first designer handbags were Gucci, Fendi, and Prada bags in my late teens from my parents (my mom loved designer bags, mainly LV and Chanel). I started buying and collecting designer purses big time starting with LV after I started working post college. Although I wanted to go to design school, being Filipino, I felt pressured to follow in my parents foot steps as engineers or do something in the medical field as my aunts/uncles. Conflicted, I finished something more technical/acceptable to them, mathematics and computer programming. I have been buying and collecting designer bags, and accessories etc for myself with my earnings starting as an analyst at a consulting firm for a few years then software engineer for 20 years. I am a major purse lover/accessory whore and have been on TPF for about twelve years. I quit my job right before the pandemic hit due to burnout (I was a major workaholic) and have been on sabbatical or maybe early retirement since then. Besides this, I love good food/drink, enjoy cooking, and working on my succulent/cacti garden. I love dogs, have a weakness for puppies, and live with my Border Collie/Lab, Chase (Chasey, Cutie, Bubbs, Pup Pup). I love traveling and have been to about 40 countries. My first Hermes was a clic-h bracelet and an Evelyne in early 2021, soon wanting to try for a Birkin. I bought my first Birkin from a reseller for my 50th, a Black B25 in 2022.

Last edited:
Last purchase, resale, I bought a 45cm Ardennes Bolide because I'm in my big bag era, and retail, I finally lucked out when they restocked the Kennedy loafer in brown on the Hermes site (those feel like butter!). I've been buying Hermes since 2005-2006.

Turning 40 this year, born and raised in the Carolinas. Married to my perfect match, who I've been with for 21 years! I have always absolutely loved fashion, and I change with the wind on what I wear. I've worn everything from goth to Lolita (the Japanese street fashion - I did this for 20 years! A lot of Angelic Pretty, Baby the Stars Shine Bright and Jane Marple), actual Japanese street fashion from small Japanese streetwear designers (I've traveled to Tokyo a lot over the years, and have a lot of OG one-offs from brands like HeiHei), to high-end luxury clothing (ranging from goth Yohji Yamamoto to regular old Gucci, Valentino, etc.). It tends to change every 6 months! Sometimes it's vibrant, sometimes it's dark, sometimes it's neutrals! My closets are utter chaos, and it's all over the map.

I love to travel, I love to read (mostly non-fiction) and paint. My biggest passion after fashion is food & cooking, I cook solely from scratch with local ingredients and I love my local farmers and farmers markets (I also grew up on a farm). I love things like locally grown flour, seasonal eating, and traveling for food! I'm a huge food nerd, so I love to read about farming and small-scale food production; I've taken butcher classes and can disassemble many whole proteins from nose to tail in several cultural styles, and I attend bread conferences for fun 😂 I cook across many cultures as well, and I do as much from scratch as I can with respect to the culture I'm cooking from. For example, if we need corn tortillas, I nixtamalize and grind the corn myself. I cure my own meats, make bread, hand roll pasta, etc.

No kids, only dogs! A bloodhound and a rottweiler mix right now :smile: I love dogs :heart:

I loved reading all the diverse demographics, backgrounds, and stories here :smile:

I’m from Orange County, CA.
In my early 30s.

First purchase ever was a garden party 36 etoupe - a gift for my mom actually :smile: - when I was in my late 20s. First purchase for myself was the encens sandal in white, a year later.

Last purchase - h pop belt and a mini clic chaine d'ancre bracelet.

Great to "e-meet" everyone here--

Where are you from? Born and bred in California, moved to the Northeast in 2008 for grad school and have been here ever since.
How old are you? Just turned 41
First Hermes purchase? An orange Bearn wallet (long)
Latest Hermes purchase? Two 90 scarves (Mystere and Hermes Flagship) and a sweater from the S/S 2024 season