Who are hermes owners:

Fun thread. Love that it's been revived. I'm 62 years old, and live in New England with my husband and Scottish terrier. Two adult children with ASD who live in group homes. I'm now working as a realtor, but graduated from law school and worked as an attorney prior to having children many, many years ago. Started buying Hermès in college back in the 1980's, but my Mom worked in the fashion industry, so I've known about the brand since pre-High school. Can't wait to here other stories.

I'm 63, Born and raised in London where I still live.
I studied Fashion and have worked in the industry all my life which lead to me living in my 20's and 30's in NYC and Tokyo.
No children (through choice...my career was my baby until my early 40's..and involved lots of travel ).
I brought my first Hermes piece (a Ulysse or some perfume ) in the early 80's.
My mother introduced me to the brand in my teens.
I haven't purchased any new Hermes for about a year..shock horror!
I tried to buy some bags at auction but got out-bid so I spent my H budget on getting our garden re-designed!

Born in London in 1968 and lived there until I was 15 when I moved to the PNW. Undergrad and law school in DC and then back to the PNW...guess I love clouds and rain? My British father always purchased Hermès scarves for female friends and family so I've been aware of the house since I was a child. I purchased my first Hermès bag, a vibrato Herbag, in 2002/2003 with a bequest from my paternal grandmother. I love H scarves and generally wear one every day. My last purchase however was not a scarf but the new Apple Watch.

Born in Asia in 1967. I have lived in NY for most of my life (except for boarding school, university, and grad school)
I bought my first Hermes scarf in 1985. That year, I also bought a H tie for my then boyfriend, now DH. I Bought my first kelly, a resale bargain, in 2008. I’ve always adored bags, but my real passion is RTW, particularly if it’s discontinued from a past season years before, and I have to hunt to find it lol. My last major H purchase was a B30 toile bivouac ficelle/noir swift; a turtleneck sweater; a cashmere moto jacket; a black sports coat; and a cashmere clou de selle sweater for DH

ETA: my favorite H purchase might be a vintage dead stock Nadege leather trench coat from runway 2018. Her recent collection for fall winter 2023 had simpler versions.

Last edited:
:wave:

• From South East Asia, living in Switzerland for close to 20 yrs.
  • In my late 40s
  • First H was a K32 SO (yap, one of those fairy tale stories) to mark my 45th bday - got a black, brush gold hardware with rouge de coeur lining which my SA said is the closest red to the red of the Swiss flag
  • Last purchase: double tour Roulis bracelet in black and gold.

Where are you from?
Born in Asia, now living in London for the past 20 years.

How old are you?
I’m in my 30s.

My first Hermes purchase was a Toile and Leather Aline bag when I was 15.

What's your last hermes purchase?
Fauve Genius Sandals and a Rose Gold Olympe Ear Cuff in Bleu Saphir Lizard.
I also got an ear cuff recently RG and Black, they are too cute!

Love learning about the backgrounds of all you fabulous Tpf'ers. I'll play.

Born in Seoul. Raised and lived up and down the US east coast.

I'm in my 50's.

I think my first H purchase was a clic-clac bracelet.

My last Hermes purchase was RTW from an event at my home store. Dresses, skirt, sweater and coat.

Born in Asia and lived in 3 different countries. Now based in the US. Age somewhere in the 20s to 30s range. First purchase was a pair of Orans. Last purchase was the new limited edition lipstick in rouge abysse! Happy to have started dipping my toes in the world of Hermes and glad/worried that I live close to a boutique haha! Still waiting on my first QB... Hopefully I can get one before my birthday!

I was born in London in 1968, and showed a taste for luxury in my teens..
Whilst training to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant , I spent time off working at the age of 20 in Paris, where I bought Lobb shoes in H FSH and fell in love..
My most recent H purchase was a preloved Tasko in Bleu Marine 2011 as I’m spending crazy amounts on high jewellery, but I gifted that to a friend as a birthday present.
Next will be a K or an exotic something else, and at some stage Horizons, when I slow down my jewellery investing.