White bags and how to take care of them?

akillian24,
I have two bits of only my opinion to offer:
1. No matter how hard you try, white is going to be very difficult to keep clean with baby.
2. That Coach bag is very pretty, but there is no way that one could work as my diaper bag - it looks way to small to serve that purpose. I like to have half of my nursery with me, therefore my diaper bag is huge - but I like huge purses too, so that's probably the reason I have to have a huge diaper bag.
Hope that helps,
Steffy

I wouldn't buy a white diaper bag. It gets particularly abused because of how it's used. You want a diaper bag that is durable and reliable and not something that you want to have to worry about.

my fiancee insists on getting white leather dior handbag. now, i called few stores, they said, it doest get dirty if she dont take take care of it or puts it on the floor. how do you maintain yours? do u use any cleaners? do u have to clean daily? does it get stained fast? can you share some tips. thank u

White leather bags are tricky to keep clean and I would not get a very expensive bag in white. I have one white bag (a cream Gryson) and allthough I do not place it on floors in anywhere public there is still a little wear on the corners and faint darkening on the handles. I do not clean the bag after every use, but when I have cleaned it I have just sprayed a bit of hairspray on a cloth and wiped the parts that need cleaning, this removes stains very well in my experience. I also protected the bag with a leather protecting spray when I first got it.

are they hard to maintain? do they get dirty fast? do you not put it on floor or use some type of leather cleaner everytime you use? my girl is asking me to get her one and i usually like designer bags which costs a pretty penny. whats your advice? is it practical? or stick with other colors?

My working theory is never to expect a white bag to look good more than one season, and to be pleasantly surprised when it does. I still won't invest in anything white and expensive.

I have a white crinkled patent bag that has held up marvelously but I did not go out looking for it.

My working theory is never to expect a white bag to look good more than one season, and to be pleasantly surprised when it does. I still won't invest in anything white and expensive.

I have a white crinkled patent bag that has held up marvelously but I did not go out looking for it.

I have an off white Francesco Biasa bag which I love and adore. Lucky for me it's going on to season 3!!! - Cost me $100 end of season on Zappos. At that price I feel like I won it!

I agree with pinkshoulders. I don't spend a lot on the bag. Find something nice hopefully on sale. My Biasa is a glossy leather. That might help!

Every summer I fall in love with a white bag and regret it the minute I get something on it. IMO, white bags are very hard to maintain their original pristine look. I would try to find something in the lower $$$ in case it does get dirty and then you won't be cursing yourself ;)

I love the look of of a clean white bag. I used to have one - I sold it. It always had blue dye on it from my jeans, and the bottom was always dirty, Loved the bag, but was a pain in the butt to keep clean.

illswagga, my advice is, if you happen to see a "glazed" white leather that is affordably priced, go for it! Something about the glazing keeps it fresh for a long time. I think without it the leather is more porous and just absorbs everything. HTH!:smile: