Which would you pick? Another ER poll....

Which one of these rings would you choose?

• Cushion cut in halo setting

• Emerald cut solitaire

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChristyR143

Really?
O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
A friend of mine is upgrading her engagement ring and asked me what my opinion was between these two rings, and I honestly don't know! They are both so gorgeous!! Which would you choose, and why??

want20this.jpg

emeraldtiff_silver1.jpg

I love halos and that look, but it is now mainstream. I liked it when it was not super popular.

If I was getting married and had a choice of the two, I'd do the emerald cut solitaire (w/an emerald and not a diamond actually) b/c although traditional, you don't see it on every other woman, as the halo has become (although beautiful).

I love the cushion cut only because the emerald really doesn't look good on my hand (I think). I really like the tiffany novo style ring that has the cushion cut center with set in diamonds on the shank of the ring without the halo.

My SIL has an emerald cut and it looks great on her.

This is a hard choice because both rings are sooo different-the halo is more vintage and antique looking, while the emerald is sleek and modern.

Both rings pictured are very pretty.

Did I mention that the cushion will look way huge compared to the emerald cut? You can also save money since you don't need VVS clarity like you do with the emerald cut. You can go SI and still be eye clean.

Thanks so much ladies! You know, both are really beautiful. When I see an emerald cut, it makes me think of royalty. It has a certain sophisticated 'air' about it. My big beef with it is that it just has so little sparkle! Most 'real life' pics I see of them (as in, not taken in a studio or under ideal lighting conditions) just look 'blah'.

So, yeah, I think she should go with the cushion. Thanks for helping me filter through my thoughts!!

I am going definitely going with the spohisticated emerald!

If it is a "high-quality" emerald cut and a nice sized solitaire...I would pick it hands down. The quality level makes the difference on this.

I just think it is classic elegance and simply beautiful. When you see a gorgeous emerald cut it can really capture you.

I like the halo, but I do think it is a bit played out right now. I also worry about each and every little stone set in that ring. If your friend uses her hands alot with children, housework, in the yard etc. she may stand a chance of really abusing this type of setting. I feel the other one can hold up more if she really uses her hands.

I love the first one it seems more detailed and elegant to me. The emerald cut seems more plain but they are two different styles so I guess it depends on her dress and personality but for me I would pick the first one without hesitation !