Which type of bag closure do you prefer?

definitely zip top!
provides me with the peace of mind!
i always get nervous when carrying my ergo tote.. :s
and oh i sooo hate the breakaway-zip.. to unzip it is not an issue, but heck, it takes both hands to zip it close! danggg! thank god for the gorgeous garcia leather tote and its legacy stripe lining, that outta stops me from cursing it..

My #1 favorite "closure" of all time is the small dogleash closure. It allows me to gain access to my wristlets, med's, etc yet keeps the bag from gaping open.
#2 is a turnlock closure (which is rare for a fullsize bag
#3 zipper (and I've grown to not mind the break away zippers over time)

I prefer the flap w/ turnlock closure. It keeps the bag closed but not so closed that I can't reach my hand in and pull something out. If I have a zipper closure on my bag, it doesn't matter 'cause, I never keep it zipped anyway.

I love my dogleash closure for the same reasons that LoveCoachMore suggests. I usually have stuff inside zipped and with a bag organizer inside, most of the stuff pretty much stays fastened down. Since I carry my handbags tucked under my arm, nothing has gotten wet or dirtied or stolen. *knock on wood*

I like the zip top too as on my Carly and Zoe. The zipper is such a general addition, I just take it for granted. I don't mind the breakaway zippers either. I love the styles of my gallery and HS totes that I don't mind taking the time to zip them up after I've opened them. I grew up with zippered raincoats and wintercoats and my mom taught me so well that I don't mind a breakaway zipper on my handbags either.

I love turnlocks on handbags--the bigger the better. :biggrin: They're fun to turn and access stuff. I don't like them on wallets though (even though I have a few) because it makes the wallet so heavy.

I don't have the magnetic closure as in the Parkers, but I have one Ergo Pleated Satchel with the darned magnetic snaps. Okay, that is the only one I truly HATE! :rant: Even though the Ergo Pleated Satchel has equal and strong magnetic strength, I am terrified of them opening up because they're such a royal pain to snap back on because I hate my bags to be open--unless it is dogleash closure. I haven't carried her much because of those blasted magnetic snaps!

I am not too keen on the kisslock central compartment on my Satchel either--I am always terrified the kisslocks would loosen or break off. The reason for that was when I purchased my first purse (a real cheapo bag but I was only 15 years old at that time) and within the two days, the darned kisslocks broke off. I was too shy to return it and threw it away. :crybaby: Since then, I have been avoiding kisslocks. I still remember the bag seller back then was also a real jerk too.

Last edited:
Somebody... anybody... what the heck is a breakaway zipper???

breakaway
adj 1: designed to break or tear or come apart easily; "breakaway
highway signposts"

Breakaway Zipper = a zipper that unzips fully like a raincoat that completely separates into two parts. So, to refasten the zipper, you refasten it like you would a coat by joining the two parts together again before zipping up fully.

The zipper on the Zoe and Carly even when unzipped are still joined together at the ends so it is easy to zip and unzip without the zipper breaking away into two separate pieces.

If you see gallery totes at the outlets or in the boutiques, you can see what that is or ask a SA and she will show you.