Which should I get for my first item - Bangle or Scarf?

Add another checkmark in the scarf column. It's too bad the Texas Wildlife scarf is not available at the boutique any longer as that would have been the perfect parting gift to remember your years in Houston. :sad: While I am sad to see you leave Houston, Vista, I wish you the best of luck in Canada.

Texas Wildlife scarf :
Can someone post pictures of this baby if possible?

Add another checkmark in the scarf column. It's too bad the Texas Wildlife scarf is not available at the boutique any longer as that would have been the perfect parting gift to remember your years in Houston. :sad: While I am sad to see you leave Houston, Vista, I wish you the best of luck in Canada.

That definitely would have been spot on, while we were at the Houston store, that was the one my DH pointed out, they had it displayed on the wall along with the original artwork of the turkey scarf - he loved that one :smile:

Thanks for all the input! You all definately have me leaning toward the scarf and the Jungle Love is so gorgeous! I will also remember all your help when I wear it too :smile: My husband has moved every few years with his work and I always get a "parting gift" I call it, to remember the place I lived, usually a jewelry item or piece of local art - I think this will be fun to have to remember my stint in Houston.

Your first Hermes item, the one you will always remember as your first, should be quintessentially Hermes, and that would be a scarf! You'll get A LOT of use out of this one and a lot of compliments for sure!

Another vote for a scarf. You'll get more wear out of it than you might think and it'll add so much more to any outfit, casual or dressy, than any bangle. JMHO

Best wishes on your move ;D

Even though I'm not a scarf person and hardly ever use my scarfs I think you should get a scarf for your first Hermes item. I've never regretted buying my first scarf, even though the colors were all wrong for me, it was such a sweet moment to remember. Or if possible get both!

I am also in the bangle group...I wear them more often... Hmmm...but in Canada...would you wear a scarf or bangle more often??? Thinking about wind and coats now...

I say scarf. They last forever if you take care of them, and are extremely versatile in the way you can wear them. Dare I opine that bangles might look a little dated someday?

Thank you again for the input :smile: I will probably make a visit this weekend to Hermes, but certainly before we depart for the great white north on Friday. I think I will go for the Jungle Love scarf in yellow but will choose a bangle I will want and take note of it and order one in the future .. I do not think I can buy any Hermes in Calgary, alas. Unless the Holt Renfrew carries any, I know they do in Montreal, I will check when I get up there.

I also like the Le Canada scarf in the future .. since I was made in Quebec, and the background is a map of Quebec.

Jungle Love
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...CategoryId=10707&topCategoryId=10702&nbItem=0

Le Canada

http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...CategoryId=10707&topCategoryId=10702&nbItem=0