Which should I get for my first item - Bangle or Scarf?

I definitely vote for scarf - on one condition. Have you tried it on? I sometimes love the look of a certain pattern & colour but when I try it on it does nothing for me. Try on both Jungle Love & Le Canada & go with what's most flattering. That way you'll get the most wear out of it. :yes:

I definitely vote for scarf - on one condition. Have you tried it on? I sometimes love the look of a certain pattern & colour but when I try it on it does nothing for me. Try on both Jungle Love & Le Canada & go with what's most flattering. That way you'll get the most wear out of it. :yes:

Yes, I've tried on the Junge Love - the Yellow suits me best in my opinion, the Le Canada is for a future purchase and that would be to frame on the wall :smile: haven't tried it on but probably will next visit. Thanks!

OOOOH, maybe you should get the Le Canada scarf (very appropriate). I have it in black and it is truly stunning:

34rg7sy.jpg

Thank you again for the input :smile: I will probably make a visit this weekend to Hermes, but certainly before we depart for the great white north on Friday. I think I will go for the Jungle Love scarf in yellow but will choose a bangle I will want and take note of it and order one in the future .. I do not think I can buy any Hermes in Calgary, alas. Unless the Holt Renfrew carries any, I know they do in Montreal, I will check when I get up there.

I also like the Le Canada scarf in the future .. since I was made in Quebec, and the background is a map of Quebec.

Jungle Love
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...CategoryId=10707&topCategoryId=10702&nbItem=0

Le Canada

http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...CategoryId=10707&topCategoryId=10702&nbItem=0

Texas Wildlife scarf :
Can someone post pictures of this baby if possible?

Joanna, here are two pictures of the Texas Wildlife scarf. It has so much detail in it, I never get tired of looking at it and trying to figure out what all the animals in it are. I have some lovely close-ups of it too, but I don't want to hi-jack Vista's thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Vista, I also have the Le Canada scarf and strongly recommend it. Both Texas Wildlife and Le Canada are by Kermit Oliver, a native Texan. Thus, Le Canada (if you like the design) would be a perfect Hermes way to say "good-bye Texas, hello again, Canada"!

Attachments

• TW-full.jpg
    TW-full.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 63
  • TW-tied.jpg
    TW-tied.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 67
Joanna, here are two pictures of the Texas Wildlife scarf. It has so much detail in it, I never get tired of looking at it and trying to figure out what all the animals in it are. I have some lovely close-ups of it too, but I don't want to hi-jack Vista's thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Vista, I also have the Le Canada scarf and strongly recommend it. Both Texas Wildlife and Le Canada are by Kermit Oliver, a native Texan. Thus, Le Canada (if you like the design) would be a perfect Hermes way to say "good-bye Texas, hello again, Canada"!
\

Oh please hijack! I would love to see more of the Turkey scarf details too - I just came back from Hermes and am about to post the results of my trip - I was looking at the original artwork of the turkey scarf which is posted on the wall of the Houston store, by the way - you are so fortunate to have one! ..

Once again thank you everyone for assisting me with my shopping and first Hermes purchase - hopefully the first of many :smile: .. I have just comeback from the boutique and here is my report - I hope I do not offend or dissapoint anyone with my final decision and read everyones input carefully and took it to heart, here is how my visit went.

First up, I wanted to try on the Jungle Love in Yellow, which I liked quite a bit last visit, and the Red and Black which I didn't get around too. Also, I did pink which I thought was best on my fair complextion but I'm not a big wearer of pink -- but definitely it looks best on me. I switched to thinking I'd get the pink one. I checked out Le Canada, they had it in pale blue and Yellow - but it definitely is most striking in the black as posted by Latigreesse - definitely worth getting later.

Anyway then I did check out the bangles, I tried one on, it jumped out at me and it was the same one that I picked as my favourite last visit - so I looked at my scarf pick ... pink scarf Jungle Love looked best on me, and I looked at the bangle, Music of the Gods .. Musique des Deiux - then I told the SA about this thread and how overwhelmingly the scarf comes out as the top choice as the first item to get, but dang I sure love the bracelet, and really really loved it, alas, more than the scarf -- I honestly thought I'd come home with the Jungle Love scarf today, but this bangle is just too gorgeous to me and has so many symbols that mean something - I love music, the Greek Key and Greek symbols gear me up for an upcoming trip this year I have to the greek Isles and I play music myself -- also it is just goregous. Seems it may have been a scarf pattern too. I will remember you all helping me with this shopping experience when I wear it as well. I am sure I will get alot of enjoyment from it and will still be able to purchase scarves in the near future, this is just my first item!

Thanks again :smile: and here are a few pictures!

Attachments

• VistasBangle.jpg
    VistasBangle.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 31
  • VistasBangle2.jpg
    VistasBangle2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 27
  • VistaBangleHand.jpg
    VistaBangleHand.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 26
Congrats Vista, that bracelet is just gorgeous.

I've found that Hermes bracelets are the best travel reminders. Theres is no Hermes where I live so every time I travel I head straight to Hermes and now I think I have a bracelet from every store I've visited. It's a great way to build a collection and get a reminder of a great trip as well.

Ooooh, Vista! That is a beautiful bangle and you look so happy wearing it. I love the importance of the symbolism to you. That blue is just an awesome color. Love it!!!

I would agree with you that those particular colorways of Le Canada are not quite as striking as some of the others, but when do you finally acquire one, it will still serve as a reminder to you of your Texas years since the artist is Texan.

We will miss you here in Texas, but I know that Canada will be happy to have you back home.

\

Oh please hijack! I would love to see more of the Turkey scarf details too - I just came back from Hermes and am about to post the results of my trip - I was looking at the original artwork of the turkey scarf which is posted on the wall of the Houston store, by the way - you are so fortunate to have one! ..

OK, Vista, since you gave me permission and asked for them, here are a few details from the Texas Wildlife scarf. Do they remind you of your years here? ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• TW-title.jpg
    TW-title.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 72
  • TW-Hermes.jpg
    TW-Hermes.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 78
  • TW-crane.jpg
    TW-crane.jpg