Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of Weekly Themes (April 2013 - March 2014)
APRIL
1 April - Those Were the Days, Part IV: 1950/60’s or older scarves Or...(in honor of Apil Fool”s day- Scarves that fool the eye)
7 April - Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun: Two Scarves
14 April - The Universe on my scarves: Sun, Moon, Stars, Planets, and Mythology
21 April - How does your garden grow? - Botanical Scarves to celebrate Spring (include a detail and name a flower, tree etc. - pictures if you have them!)
28 April - The Art of Pierre Marie (or other rising stars)

MAY
5 May - In honor of Mother’s Day: I remember Mom’s scarves back in those days...(Scarves that remind you of your mother and/or grandmothers, or scarves that you’d love to pass on to your dear children someday)
12 May - Scarves about Spain or Latin America in honor of Mexico’s Cinco de Mayo celebration
19 May - Bye-bye Birdie: Scarves featuring birds (name at least one bird-chirp!)
26 May - The Children’s Hour: Scarves featuring toys, games, and pastimes

JUNE
2 June - Your first scarf (any size and any fabric)
9 June - Objectify Me: Scarves that feature collections of objects, e.g. Flacons, Les Cles
16 June - Color me Happy: Show us the brightest scarves in your collection or favorite colorway
23 June - The Art of YOUR FAVORITE designer (and why?)
30 June - The New World: Scarves about North America to celebrate US Independence Day

JULY
7 July - Your Cheatin’ Heart: Our non-H silky loves (Shhh! We won’t tell.)
14 July - Cloud 9: Mousselines
21 July - Nontraditional is the new traditional! Show off your plisses, jersey, pointus, twillies, and pochettes
28 July - Maps in any form or as a part of a scarf.

AUGUST
4 August - The Life Aquatic: Scarves featuring water, sea life, or Nautical scarves
11 August - Ungrails: Ah, those scarves you love to hate
18 August - The new scarves: 2010 or later.
25 August - Show us your tricks with scarf rings or ties (I need help!)

SEPTEMBER
1 September - Still Have the Blues for You: Blue scarves to honor Rosh Hashanah
8 September - Hoarding! Scarf designs that you own in at least two colorways or in multiple formats
15 September - The Royal Color: Purple scarves
22 September - The Art of Zoe Pauwels
29 September - Pink scarves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

OCTOBER
6 October - Graffiti, or any radically new look for H
13 October - Architecture: Scarves that feature buildings, bridges, drafting details..
20 October - Autumn in my heart: Scarves featuring autumn or in earthy colors
27 October - Scary scarves/colors in honor of Halloween

NOVEMBER
3 November - Scarves that contain time or date references (...or Anything to do with Daylight Savings Time?)
10 November - The Art of Dimitri Rybaltchenko
17 November - Oh, the Weather Outside... - Scarves about the weather, e.g. snowflakes, wind
24 November - Wearable art: Scarves you think belong in an art gallery or have a strong artistic bent

DECEMBER
1 December - The Art of Annie Faivre (show the monkey!)
8 December - Scarves with Contrast Hem or Ornate Borders
15 December - Holiday Scarves!
22 December - Nostalgia or what makes you happy/grateful for this important time
29 December - Roses are Red: Red scarves to start 2014 with energy!

JANUARY
5 January - The Art of Aline Honore
12 January - Get in shape!: Action scarves
19 January - Now that you are tired of getting in shape, FOOD scarves (or at least, delicious ones...)
26 January - Asia: Scarves to celebrate Lunar New Year 2014 (January 31st)

FEBRUARY
2 February - Brrrrrr! - Time for Cashmere
9 February - My Dearest in Silk: Scarves that your significant other(s) loves to see you in
16 February - Scarves and Shoes
23 February - The RAREST scarf you have (or wish you had)

MARCH
2 March - Jacquard Scarves
9 March - Kermit Oliver
16 March - Celebrate Yellow! Hoping for Summer.
23 March - Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves or your favorite animal(s) featured on H scarves
30 March - The Staples: Scarves that you wear the most often/workhorse scarves

All credits to TangoTosca and Jahna for helping with compiling these themes.

Last edited:
OK well I guess I'm so eager for Spring to be in full bloom that I am ahead of theme.... but I'm so glad I was wearing this shawl today. I had a meeting I completely forgot about with a high ranking official at work and was sooooo late. The saving grace was she was GUSHING over this shawl from the moment I entered the room and by the end of the meeting I was showing her how to tie the darn thing :amuse:

Talk about GM redemption hahahahah

Attachments

• IMG_5504 (620x900).jpg
    IMG_5504 (620x900).jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 3,147
  • IMG_5503 (534x900).jpg
    IMG_5503 (534x900).jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 3,097
  • IMG_5508 (480x640).jpg
    IMG_5508 (480x640).jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 3,050
OK well I guess I'm so eager for Spring to be in full bloom that I am ahead of theme.... but I'm so glad I was wearing this shawl today. I had a meeting I completely forgot about with a high ranking official at work and was sooooo late. The saving grace was she was GUSHING over this shawl from the moment I entered the room and by the end of the meeting I was showing her how to tie the darn thing :amuse:

It simply is not possible, my dear, for you to look anything less than just stunning. Your ensembles are an inspiration to us all and are a reminder that creativity, beauty, and ingenuity are alive and well in the world. All I can say is thank you.

IF, Talk about Dress for Success: the dramatic slightly late entrance meant to pique curiousity but not to keep the audience waiting too long . . . The shawl pulled off with a dramatic flourish, kind of like a matador teasing a bull . . .then, in a blur of fingers, the scarf is twirled around the neck, once, twice, and the artist (that's you, baby) smiles at the audience and gracefully tilts her head toward the honored guest . . . FINI! BRAVO!

The weather where I live is going to be around 80 degrees this week, so I am giving my cashmere shawls a season break :smile:. Now is the time for mousselines and 90cm carres!!!
I tried to use two scarves as a stole, but as you can see below, it's a disaster.
IMG_5218.jpg

Cheating this week's theme and using three scarves (twillys).
IMG_5255c.jpg

Why thank you nguyen, mimi, pjlatte and chestnutty. Cheers for double silks!

chestnutty
- you go dear -love ELK and three twillies are charming!

IF - I love this colorway best! We are twins and I may have to wait for another cold spell to bring mine out to wear! Love your green top too.

Chestnutty, I love the two scarves together as a stole! Gorgeous!

Lanit, you lucky girl with two Pegase. Such a sunning design. I have the fuchsia which I covet.

Pegase, this GM is delectable and the camel accents make it so versatile. Glad you are back.

Hermesick, great scarf and tied beautifully with the scarf ring. Blue suits you!

Seton, I am excited about your prospects. Do you have Cosmos? I gave that one to my DM to wear.

IF, in your power scarf your meeting had to go well. What a fun story and you look smashing.

Hilarious - GM to the rescue!!

not on the weeks theme -yet- but glad to post again!!!

eagle1002us:
it feels good to be back! =)
Springis really having a hard time trying to get here... its stills feels like cold winter! I have been wearing this to keep me warm and cheer up....
Twins on this cw! love how it looks so diff in the diff pics! Gotta love the ELenK and the colors :smile:. Btw, didn't get a chance to say how awesome you looked in the bow tie!! :smile:

Hi Everyone:
I am new to the purse forum, but not knew to Hermes. I have a question that I hope some of you can help me with. I only own the 90cm scarves, but now im dying to get a cashmere GM shawl.
My question is I am 5'1", anyone here petitie, and own one? I tried one on, and there is quite a bit of fabric too conceal, and of course the SA was saying its fine but I wasnt taking her word for it.
I'm 5'3" and love the GM shawls! I don't find there's too much at all :smile:. HTH

Sorry, I will be back with the week theme soon but I would like to share with you Rêve de Corail in cobalt (with MT shawl ring). I am in the deep deep blue phase ....xo
Feel free to be off theme anytime especially with such a beautiful blue!! :smile:

Lovely silks everyone! Here is my double pleasure L' Pegases for theme week!
I love how you've chosen such contrasting cws and make them work so well!!

That is an awesome story!! :smile:. And I love how you've been exuding Spring!!! :smile:

The weather where I live is going to be around 80 degrees this week, so I am giving my cashmere shawls a season break :smile:. Now is the time for mousselines and 90cm carres!!!
I tried to use two scarves as a stole, but as you can see below, it's a disaster.
IMG_5218.jpg

Cheating this week's theme and using three scarves (twillys).
IMG_5255c.jpg
I don't know what disaster you're talking about, bc those two 90s look amazing together with the perfect backdrop of that dress :smile:.
And what a cute idea with 3 twillies! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.