Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My contribution for the week: Cavaliers D'Or gavroche in a flower knot. It was too warm for anything else...

Love the bright colors of Le Pegase on you, Lanit!

Attachments

• Cavaliers Dor Flower knot_resized.jpg
    Cavaliers Dor Flower knot_resized.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,405
lanit, thank you! I had La Carnavale in the navy and yellow cw but was never quite satisfied; then this one surfaced! Not as thrilling as papertiger's chocolate version; still love that one! I know the large masks in the corners can be a bit creepy, but I hadn't realized that the main masked figures have a bit of a sinister look to them as well. Speaking of 'sinister' and 'Venice', ever see the film Don't Look Back with Donald Southerland and Julie Christie (I think it was she)? A creep fest for sure ;)

Le Pegase is so cheerful in your bright red cw; looks great with white, and with black, I imagine...

Pomba, do post! This is an all scarves, all the time audience!!

Scarf Addict; sigh, I just love that cw in ELenK! And you left empty handed? :amazed: I didn't think there was a cure for the Orange disease, LOL!

fritillaryB, let me say it again, I'm not a feline person, but your Tendresse in that cw is just beautiful! So soft and lovely, and perfect with your grey sweater! Not sure where I am on Au Fil, I seem to change my mind every time I see one. The gold tones in your cw pick up your hair beautifully!

la Vie, thank you! I've always wanted to see Alphabet tied and it is as gorgeous as I'd hoped! Especially stunning in the b/w cw! Another lovely Tendresse!

sparkle, congrats on Gobble (I think :amazed: ), I'm with DH, shaking my head!

pussywillow, thanks! I am generally an 'autumn', except when I'm not, LOL! I think you've nailed the red that works for you, Printemps is stunning on you! I think it's the 'clearness' of the red that responds to your alabaster complexion so well!

Pegase, Wow! I don't care if it's a dead bird (or an 'acting' one looking for it's motivation :lol:), both pics are superb! Nice!

hair-mess, thank you! That's a fun knot you're wearing with Coupons; I like the tweak to the standard cowboy knot!

sophieg, thank you! We are cousins with Cavaliers, I snagged a new-to-me 90cm that I have yet to wear. The design/cw really called me, despite my vow limit my silk intake (hahahaha)!

imoline, yaayy for Quadrige, and in a lovely cw!

Ladybaga and hair-mess, hope you are both feeling better soon! :flowers:

I am silk-less today as I cannot manage to adjust myself to the insane weather pattern we are experiencing (hot, cold, cold, hot). Had I gotten myself better organized, I would have dug out my cotton Lalbhai (today was hot :P ). Here's an archive pic .... I think it was Scarfmischief who recently started a thread extolling the virtues of the H Cheche (silk/cotton) and I would add that I wish H would reissue designs in the all cotton 140 format. No fuss, no worries; throw it in the wash, take it to the beach, throw it in your bag, no snagging, no pilling....just sayin' ;)

Attachments

• DSC00760.JPG
    DSC00760.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,338
  • DSC00763.JPG
    DSC00763.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,331
Gosh, four pages already....
Thanks, TT, for kicking off a new thread and compiling a list of new themes.
Get well vibes for ladybaga and hair-mess...
Textilegirl: you are spot on. The Carnavale is red and scary (at least to me). The red Lalbhai is stunning. If the right c/w comes up for me again, I have to pounce as I love the design.
Pomba: pls repost, just try with another outfit or another knot and it will look completely different.
Scarfie: Lovely ExLenK, could not find a c/w that made my heart sing AND suit my complexion.
FritillaryB: I adore soft pink and grey, congratulations on your fabulous first GM. And the AFDC ain’t shabby either... :smile:

La Vie en Rose: absolutely stunning in monochrome c/w of Alphabet Russe!!! And delighted to see the red TF again, such wonderful colours.
Sparklelisab: quite a menagerie, I am quite partial to pheasants (but usually on a plate); luckily Phil is too cute!
Pussywillow: perfection with a 70!
Pegase: wonderful plumage (no pun intended), thanks for sharing
Hair-mess: very pretty c/w of CI, love the corner detail.
Scarfie: maybe you have reached saturation point? Although I doubt it, there will be something next time to entice you, I’m sure.
Lanit: lovely Pegase.
Sophieg: perfect flower knot and these colours are great on you.

Not in the mood for red today but found the Cachemire Ancien in the archive, twins with Sophie on the flower knot!

attachment.php

I wore my Nuees Imaginaire mousseline. I took this in my car, and it's a bit washed out. It's really a very vivid color with 3 or 4 reds plus the corail, and the other colors really pop against the reds. Hopefully I can take a better picture soon!!

Everyone is looking oh so chic and gorgeous!!

Attachments

• rednuees.jpg
    rednuees.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,333
Thank you to Lanit, HAirmess, Metzfan La vie en rose, Bienchen, textile girl,sparkles, maedi, and tang Tosca for the GMLove you all look stunning this week.

Lanit, I lo e your Pegasse in the most coveted color! Beautiful!

Bienchen, you always seem to make the lo eliest flowers with your gavroches

Pegase those dead birds have the most beautiful plumage,

Macs you look so totally classy and put together in a casual friendly way. Love your style!

I wore my Nuees Imaginaire mousseline. I took this in my car, and it's a bit washed out. It's really a very vivid color with 3 or 4 reds plus the corail, and the other colors really pop against the reds. Hopefully I can take a better picture soon!!

Everyone is looking oh so chic and gorgeous!!

Your Nuees looks beautiful euridice!

:

As one who hasn't ever dipped a toe in the GM waters, I shall look forward to hearing your experiences, fritillaryB, with your two beautiful shawls: you've chosen so well in terms of contrasting colours and design.

The fear of snagging/bobbling/dipping into the soup still constricts my purse strings!
FONT][FONT][FONT]

Pussywillow
Thank you for your compliments ***** willow. MaiTai has a grat post/interview on shawl repair. So at least we have that going for us just in case

:

As one who hasn't ever dipped a toe in the GM waters, I shall look forward to hearing your experiences, fritillaryB, with your two beautiful shawls: you've chosen so well in terms of contrasting colours and design.

The fear of snagging/bobbling/dipping into the soup still constricts my purse strings!
FONT][FONT][FONT]

Pussywillow
Thank you for your compliments ***** willow. MaiTai has a grat post/interview on shawl repair. So at least we have that going for us just in case

pussywillow - E/A 1969/70 is spectacular on you. I also always love your musings and writing style. Thank you!
Pegase - WOW! Great scarf with that jacket and you tied it to show the perfect plumage! Wonderful!
Hairmess - beautiful look for warmer weather. I hope you and ladybaga will feel better soon. Grog und Wärmflasche, bitte.
lanit - don't ever give up that Le Pegase - it is so, so fantastic. I think this is highly sought after, too.
Bienchen - love the little rose on the gardener. How a propos!
Euridice - what a great mousse and this is a lovely pattern for a mousse.
textile - great Lalbhai - is that a newer acquisition or from the vault? I regret a little that I didn't buy one of those summer silks.
Sophieg - great color against that red jacket.
imoline - Quadrige is a great scarf and the grey/taupe border is very mesmerizing.
sparklelisab - what a precious new addition to your menagerie. How fast do they grow?

SophiaG and Bienchen - Lovely red "flowers," both of you! I adore the flower knot effect.

Euridice - Forgive me if I have you confused with someone else, but do you also have a Jardins d'Armenie mousse? If so, you've got a beautiful collection of mousses along with your Nuees Imaginaire.

Textilegirl - Wow, the summer Lalbhai is marvelous. I love how you've worn it in the "Markova," love that casual drape and the knots. I also like the play between the pink and turquoise on your La Carnavale. You're correct, it was Julie Christie, but the film was Don't Look Now, not Don't Look Back. It was based on a short story by Daphne Du Maurier, famous for her novels Rebecca and Jamaica Inn. Interestingly, another short story of hers was turned into an even more famous movie - The Birds.

Lanit - You Pegase reminds me of a candy shop - multi-colored goodies every which way you look. Like you, I didn't play with dolls either. It Breyer horses and My Little Ponys for me!

Imoline - Beautiful Quadridge!

La Vie en Rose - That cw of TF is TDF LOL! I've seen it in real life, and it's fabulous.

Scarf Addict - Glad you all had a nice meet-up in London this past weekend. I like that cw of Ex Libris en Kimonos very much on you.

Pussywillow - Yes! More red lipstick! :kiss: You so kindly sent me a primer on wearing red that I still refer back to. When I put on Vendome, I think of you and Arabesques. Isn't Printemps Ete 69 a great pattern? It's my favorite 70cm (yes, even more than Please, Check In). And thank you for bringing up Dr. Dolittle, I adore those books as a child.

Hair-mess - Marvelous action shots. Terrific outfit you've put together there. I can't match you for the Birkin, but otherwise I think I can replicate that great outfit in my own closet.... and plan to, Coupons Indien twin!

Ladybaga and Hair-mess - Please get well soon!

I only have one scarf so far, and it is red. I wont post it again because it will be boring. Im just here learnng and admiring everyone elses until I get another one when next seasoon is out. In meantime, I got an orange click clac.

Pomba, you may not remember this since it was back during the fall, but we had a theme week called One Scarf, Two or More Ways. Wear the same scarf for several days straight but tie it a different way each time. It was a lot of fun, so I say grab your Red scarf, join in the fun, and start tying up a storm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.