Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sparkle - I think your white top looks lovely and summery and I LOVE the collier knot. That version of the collier knot I hadn't seen yet. I really frames your whole outfit.
lanit - your GM is stunning! I wore mine yesterday in the very colorful 01 and loved the pop it gave to my black T-shirt and Jeans.

U mean the cotton Losanges? I have been waiting for the ss 2012 for over half a year! The SA told me what was ordered when we had a chat in february....
I just found it kind of ...crazy.. since you can already buy some scarfs from aw 12/13 on line!!!

I know what you mean Pegase - the ELK came out very late for us, and then it seems they have flown out the door, especially certain colorways. Keeping fingers crossed that the spring line will eventually find its way to you. I found a lot of SS 2012 not in our store as well and the new AW collection is available online as you say.

Scarfies - please PM me if you ever see the pink Losanges!

sparkle - I think your white top looks lovely and summery and I LOVE the collier knot. That version of the collier knot I hadn't seen yet. I really frames your whole outfit.
lanit - your GM is stunning! I wore mine yesterday in the very colorful 01 and loved the pop it gave to my black T-shirt and Jeans.

Thanks Maedi, sparkle, j3, and frittillary!

The AW 2012 silks are flowing in! What are the scarfies opinions on favorites?:graucho:

Thanks Maedi, sparkle, j3, and frittillary!

The AW 2012 silks are flowing in! What are the scarfies opinions on favorites?:graucho:

I ordered the lavender cw of the bengel Tigre on h.com. I usually only buy from my boutique but since I havent bought a scarf in more than 6 weeks I am going through withdrawal. my SA retired -very sad and i don't get phone calls when something new comes in so i need to start working with someone new. I am going to go in on Friday to see what I can see. I am v. Excited about Parures de Maharajes but want to see the colors IRL. I also can't wait to see coup de fouet, Mecanique du temps, and La Instruction du Roy. I think it is going to be a very good season. I had hoped for a CSMC GM but the colors are not making my heart sing.

Which ones are you thinking about Lanit?

I ordered the lavender cw of the bengel Tigre on h.com. I usually only buy from my boutique but since I havent bought a scarf in more than 6 weeks I am going through withdrawal. my SA retired -very sad and i don't get phone calls when something new comes in so i need to start working with someone new. I am going to go in on Friday to see what I can see. I am v. Excited about Parures de Maharajes but want to see the colors IRL. I also can't wait to see coup de fouet, Mecanique du temps, and La Instruction du Roy. I think it is going to be a very good season. I had hoped for a CSMC GM but the colors are not making my heart sing.

Which ones are you thinking about Lanit?

fritillary- ooh how wonderful you ordered the pretty lavender Bengal Tigre - I saw it briefly for the two seconds it was online and thought it breathtaking. Please do share the way it folds. I hesitated because I wondered about the way it might tie - seeing more or the foliage at the corners but as a picture it was sure beautiful. I also like the coup de fouet but torn between two colorways, the bright primary one vs, the neutral etoupe one. I looked forward to the CMSC as well and I agree the colorways are not appealing to me either. I'd love to see the Maharajas and how it looks on. I rarely can count on an SA to call me. I just drop by when I can to see if new collections have come out yet.;)

This has been a scarf-light week for me, partly because I've been very busy, partly because birds aren't my thing.

But as we all know by now, there's a big crane on Ex Libris en Kimonos (waves to my twin, j2nl!), and the second scarf, well, it isn't a bird, but it does have wings! :P Pegase de Hermes with Farandole (and waves to you to Pegase).

ELK 6.jpg Pegasus 8.jpg

j3nl said:
Oh boy! Incoming long post...

I like this sport/casual look. I don't really see the jerseys much in store, so I must ask, weight-wise how they compare to the silk twills?

This is colour-way 1, I believe (encre, framboise, jaune), and the bird is a vibrant fuchsia and yellow.

Thank you, oddinary! It's a medium-sized dark mother of pearl from MaiTai Collection. I find it a bit more secure for certain drapes and knots. While I'm at it, I should mention that the horn bracelet is also from MaiTai as well.

Lanit - again your pics are really inspiring, and I really admire your eye for colour.

SaraaT - I love your Mythiques Phoenix mousseline, and it gave a me a tweak of regret that I passed on it. I do believe however, in "scarf karma," so if it's meant to be, it will, but otherwise, I'll invariably fall in love with something later.

Thank you very much again to Ladybaga, SaraaT, Pegase, Lanit, fritillaryB, oddinary for all your compliments; thank you, everyone for your warm welcome.

:heart:

Jersey is more fluid than twill and is an elastic fabric. Can be really useful in holding hair, as a pirate style for example.

fritillary- ooh how wonderful you ordered the pretty lavender Bengal Tigre - I saw it briefly for the two seconds it was online and thought it breathtaking. Please do share the way it folds. I hesitated because I wondered about the way it might tie - seeing more or the foliage at the corners but as a picture it was sure beautiful. I also like the coup de fouet but torn between two colorways, the bright primary one vs, the neutral etoupe one. I looked forward to the CMSC as well and I agree the colorways are not appealing to me either. I'd love to see the Maharajas and how it looks on. I rarely can count on an SA to call me. I just drop by when I can to see if new collections have come out yet.;)

Lanit, I will be sure to post the Tigre du Bengale when it arrives. It will be different to tie, but the design goes all the way to the edge of the scarf, which can work really well. In any case, I am looking forward to playing with it..

I was very spoiled with my last SA and I will miss her. But there are lots of very nice SAs at my boutique so I am sure I will find someone good to work with.

There seem to be lots of good cws of both Coup de Fouetté and Maharajas. It will be difficult to decide. But it is good to feel the excitement of a season with so many lovely choices. Have you seen any of them IRL yet?

This has been a scarf-light week for me, partly because I've been very busy, partly because birds aren't my thing.

But as we all know by now, there's a big crane on Ex Libris en Kimonos (waves to my twin, j2nl!), and the second scarf, well, it isn't a bird, but it does have wings! :P Pegase de Hermes with Farandole (and waves to you to Pegase).

View attachment 1766172 View attachment 1766173

Hi Twin! :biggrin: It looks beautiful on you. :heart:

Beautiful modeling of both scarves, TangoTosca... :tup:

I was at my H store on Tuesday, and when I got there they just opened a package of AW 2012 scarves that just arrived.
Many brilliant colors, I must say I like the season better than the SS, in terms of colors and designs. After quickly trying some with my SA, my heart already picked one that I wanted, the Parures in light aqua colors (forgot the color's name). It's so subtle, compared to the black one, but oh so beautiful!

TangoTosca, I wondered what happened to you! Your photos/thread are on my daily agenda!

Status
Not open for further replies.