Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyB, Scarfie, Etoile, Sparkle, Pegase and SaraaT - thank you for your kind compliments on the moussies. We have had a heat wave recently, so no silks came out this past weekend. A few birds from the archives for the bird watchers. Hoping to see Holsby's beautiful bird silk! Here are baby eagle or raven from Tsubas, strange birds from Jardins d' Metamorphosis, Crane from Kimonos and my all time favorite feathers from Brazil shawls.

SaraaT - what a stunning Pheonix mousse. I craved this design but never came across one in my store that worked for me. The one I tried on was the deep jade green and fuschia with black. Pretty, but not quite the colors I craved for in this design. This looks really fabulous on you.

Michel - Always the dapper one - your wear the pointus so well!

j3nl - welcome and thank you for the ELK reminder! Love the silk twill on you.

Hi lanit, your Kimonos' cw is very pretty. Is this the cashmere GM?

After weeks of lurking and admiring, I've finally gotten my act together enough to make my first pic post. It's my first time posting in this thread, and unfortunately, I don't really have a scarf that features a bird, but I do have a scarf that has a bird in it (Ex Libris en Kimonos). I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but I hope that's still okay.

Thanks for letting me share, and looking forward to everyone's pic's!

J3nl,
I love the way you have styled your ExL. You look stunning. Warm Welcome to the thread!

LadyB, Scarfie, Etoile, Sparkle, Pegase and SaraaT - thank you for your kind compliments on the moussies. We have had a heat wave recently, so no silks came out this past weekend. A few birds from the archives for the bird watchers. Hoping to see Holsby's beautiful bird silk! Here are baby eagle or raven from Tsubas, strange birds from Jardins d' Metamorphosis, Crane from Kimonos and my all time favorite feathers from Brazil

j3nl - welcome and thank you for the ELK reminder! Love the silk twill on you.

Lanit,
I love this cw of ExL GM. Have you modeled this one for us? I would love to see it tied

Just wondering if any of you ladies would know: has the twilly been discontinued? It's no longer on the website, and there were none in the Duty Free shop at CDG.
It's there every now and then, so do scarf rings. The current twilly on USA website is Sequences. I saw it in store last weekend as well. If you are patient, maybe wait another week(s) or so, then it will pop up soon.
CDG stock fluctuates a lot, so I would buy from there only as my last choice.

After weeks of lurking and admiring, I've finally gotten my act together enough to make my first pic post. It's my first time posting in this thread, and unfortunately, I don't really have a scarf that features a bird, but I do have a scarf that has a bird in it (Ex Libris en Kimonos). I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but I hope that's still okay.

Thanks for letting me share, and looking forward to everyone's pic's!

You look so elegant! I love this look. May I ask what scarf ring you are using? :smile:

Oh boy! Incoming long post...

My today's outfit, jersey CenC matching to my jean shirt...
I like this sport/casual look. I don't really see the jerseys much in store, so I must ask, weight-wise how they compare to the silk twills?

This is lovely, j3nl, what cw is that? What's the color of the bird? ExLeK is one of my favorite designs :smile:
This is colour-way 1, I believe (encre, framboise, jaune), and the bird is a vibrant fuchsia and yellow.

You look so elegant! I love this look. May I ask what scarf ring you are using? :smile:
Thank you, oddinary! It's a medium-sized dark mother of pearl from MaiTai Collection. I find it a bit more secure for certain drapes and knots. While I'm at it, I should mention that the horn bracelet is also from MaiTai as well.

Lanit - again your pics are really inspiring, and I really admire your eye for colour.

SaraaT - I love your Mythiques Phoenix mousseline, and it gave a me a tweak of regret that I passed on it. I do believe however, in "scarf karma," so if it's meant to be, it will, but otherwise, I'll invariably fall in love with something later.

Thank you very much again to Ladybaga, SaraaT, Pegase, Lanit, fritillaryB, oddinary for all your compliments; thank you, everyone for your warm welcome.

:heart:

Waving to you Silkies!! :party::hugs:

Pegase: honey, where is the big bird? We want to objectify you some more?
J3NL: Welcome you lovely silk wearing scarfie! You look fabulous and can't wait to see more pics.
Lanit: when you get tired of Brazil, send her to me. I even, almost bought the new Brazil stole in white background but it pales to this one. Decided to wait for re-issue (even though I know cw will never be the same) or find out where you live.
SaraaT: your Phoenix mousseline is so lovely. I tried silk twill but didn't work---but I know this one would. You are right about the incredible color contrast.
Michel: you always look dashing! Great look.

So happy I can be on-theme this week. I examined my "huge" haha collection and have three birds to wear this week. Today, I am wearing one of my favorite designs and would love it in another cw: Early America. I love everything about it, the animals, colors, and Mr. and Mrs. Washingington so happy and content. I am wearing my silk as a necklace. It is a cooler knot and I cannot stand not wearing a scarf since you all hooked me like a big ole fish!! Thanks for letting me share. (Gah, I just looked at the pic and my white top is all mangled...leaving it but please erase this from your mind.) You are going to get sick of me this week if you aren't already.

Attachments

• Chloe 019.JPG
    Chloe 019.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 525
  • Chloe 020.JPG
    Chloe 020.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 528
  • Chloe 028.JPG
    Chloe 028.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 535
So happy I can be on-theme this week. I examined my "huge" haha collection and have three birds to wear this week. Today, I am wearing one of my favorite designs and would love it in another cw: Early America. I love everything about it, the animals, colors, and Mr. and Mrs. Washingington so happy and content. I am wearing my silk as a necklace. It is a cooler knot and I cannot stand not wearing a scarf since you all hooked me like a big ole fish!! Thanks for letting me share. (Gah, I just looked at the pic and my white top is all mangled...leaving it but please erase this from your mind.) You are going to get sick of me this week if you aren't already.
Go ahead, makes us sick! ;)

I have been looking forward for this week since TangoT made the Theme week list public, now Ive been so busy, that I havent been able to take any pictures! but I do have some wardrobe plans in my mind and still a few days to try and make them true...

Sparkle - so glad you brought out EA - its one of the designs I favor as well. I will bring mine out if weather permits this week. You look vibrant and captivating as usual.

Pegase - patience dear- the new collections are just starting to arrive- and one that I adore is a men's losange in pink! I will scan an image from the booklet to share. Alas, I have been told it will not be available in the U.S.:nogood:

Brilliant colors, sparklelisab, I love it. EA is one of the designs on my list, I'm still hunting for the right one :smile:

Oh, I love your 'dogs', too.... They're so good looking.

Sparkle - so glad you brought out EA - its one of the designs I favor as well. I will bring mine out if weather permits this week. You look vibrant and captivating as usual.

Pegase - patience dear- the new collections are just starting to arrive- and one that I adore is a men's losange in pink! I will scan an image from the booklet to share. Alas, I have been told it will not be available in the U.S.:nogood:
U mean the cotton Losanges? I have been waiting for the ss 2012 for over half a year! The SA told me what was ordered when we had a chat in february....
I just found it kind of ...crazy.. since you can already buy some scarfs from aw 12/13 on line!!!

Pretty and fresh! What a coincidence, I was wearing my scarf in a "collier" knot today too.:tup:

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.