Which Mulberry bags have you kept or can't you part with & why

Here you go girls: my diamond sparkle Lily.

She must be quite rare as I haven't seen another in the forum, but they must be lurking somewhere.

I really love this bag. She goes with everything and is a no-brainer for fancy events, parties and evenings out, although she also looks great with jeans etc. The best part is the finish (shiny) doesn't show any wear or scratches, and I don't have to baby her at all. :smile:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 511
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 495

She must be quite rare as I haven't seen another in the forum, but they must be lurking somewhere.

I really love this bag. She goes with everything and is a no-brainer for fancy events, parties and evenings out, although she also looks great with jeans etc. The best part is the finish (shiny) doesn't show any wear or scratches, and I don't have to baby her at all. :smile:

:heart::heart::heart:
Wow! What a beauty!

I've got 23 mulberry bags at the moment. I'm in two minds as to whether to move some on as I feel that I've got too many bags (32 in total) but doubt that I will. I haven't bought a mulberry since 2014 and doubt that I'll buy from them again as I've got all the bags I wanted. Additionally the new offerings aren't my style which compels me to hold on to the ones I have even more. If I do decide to buy a bag it will be from another brand and I'd probably save up in that instance.

Just realised I forgot to list the ones I'd never part with: Daria - toffee & oxblood, Alexa - oak, conker & chocolate, Mabel - Red & black, Oak bayswater, aubergine bayswater shoulder, deer brown del rey, nightshade tillie and my lilies (regular - grass green and Heather. Medium - midnight, mole grey & bright red).

I love all your Mulbs Ria, I remember regularly admiring them in the which Mulberry are you carrying today. I definitely wouldn't part with any of them. Like you Ive not been tempted by any of the new range and haven't bought any new ones for sometime. I can't quite go back to 2014 though, that is impressive. With all the changes in Mulberry, I feel the ones I have are more precious than ever and I'm more determined to hold on to them.

I downsized to half... had about 24 bags total and now have 12. Out of these, 8 are Mulberry (see above).

A few I kept because I would get next to nothing for them if I sold them, e.g. my much-used denim Tillie and large PS1. I put Tillie through the washing machine and am now using her again. Totally worry free.

I use and love most of my bags, and since I have fewer I even rotate them more, which is weird. I've decided to use and enjoy all of them (I don't baby my bags at all).

Having said that, a few are more "special occasion" (parties, weddings, etc.) like my diamond sparkle Lily. And I am keeping 2 (the OS Oak and Petticoat Alexas, plus a part-time Balenciaga), almost brand new, in their dust bags - only to come out when I retire a bag currently in rotation. I've been good about keeping them away for the future, when I will feel I have a new bag :smile:

Hope this helps! Good luck with downsizing. I feel much better for having fewer bags, and want to get down to a maximum of 10 in the near future.

I admire anyone that can get down to 10, it sounds a very sensible, manageable amount. Lol...........I know I'd find it impossible. Mulberry used to make up about 90% off my collection but now only 40% I feel I've done tinkering and am very content with the ones I own. I had loads more I just wasn't using and moved them on, to replace with Chanel & LV for the first time ever. I even parted with the ones I didn't get much for or had sentimental vlue.
I have about 30 in total and know its way too many. I keep thinking perhaps reduce to 25 now and 20 when I get a bit older, surely I won't want this many forever :lol: but I can only think of one or two that I don't really use but even those I love and don't want to part with:P

Last edited:

:crybaby: Oh this rips at my heart strings, she is beautiful. I had one once and moved her on. I regretted it not long after when the lining changed to MF. I panicked and purchased Metallic Mushroom in the sale whilst I could still get one with a suede lining. Of course MF lining all backfired and Mulberry did a u turn but I would have rather have kept this beauty than Metallic Mushroom. I originally purchased her from MyWardrobe :biggrin:

It's lovely Mary79, hang on to her! Like you say it goes with everything, enjoy.

:crybaby: Oh this rips at my heart strings, she is beautiful. I had one once and moved her on. I regretted it not long after when the lining changed to MF. I panicked and purchased Metallic Mushroom in the sale whilst I could still get one with a suede lining. Of course MF lining all backfired and Mulberry did a u turn but I would have rather have kept this beauty than Metallic Mushroom. I originally purchased her from MyWardrobe :biggrin:

It's lovely Mary79, hang on to her! Like you say it goes with everything, enjoy.
Thank you Mulberrygal! I purchased her from MyWardrobe too - in the sale :smile:

Metallic Mushroom is also stunning! One of my favourite ever colours, and looks great in the Lily. Can we see a photo?

Thank you Mulberrygal! I purchased her from MyWardrobe too - in the sale :smile:

Metallic Mushroom is also stunning! One of my favourite ever colours, and looks great in the Lily. Can we see a photo?

Gosh those were the days, I loved MyWardrobe sales...........,30-50% off the old prices :lol: if only I'd bought 10 of them and stashed them away.

Does it have silver hardware? I remember the sparkle effect gave it a silvery look as well as gold. You definitely did well to keep her, there was that moon champagne ? I think it was called came out a little later, it was very similar but no where near as lovely.

I've not got a pic of Metallic Mushroom with me on my iPad. I'm going to update my album when I get home and I'll upload a pic ;)

I've just looked on mulb.com and Metallic M is still selling with the microfibre lining, shocked it's still £795 too:graucho: I thought they reverted back to suede lining.
Can someone tell me what is the Lily lined in now??

Your lily is a stunner mary79!

I love all your Mulbs Ria, I remember regularly admiring them in the which Mulberry are you carrying today. I definitely wouldn't part with any of them. Like you Ive not been tempted by any of the new range and haven't bought any new ones for sometime. I can't quite go back to 2014 though, that is impressive. With all the changes in Mulberry, I feel the ones I have are more precious than ever and I'm more determined to hold on to them.

Thanks so much Mulberrygal. I'm more inclined to keep them as I know that once they're gone I'll never be able to get them back so it's probably best to hold onto them. The lack of appeal in the bags resulted in me looking at other brands and accessories last year. I wouldn't mind a Balenciaga or Chanel in the future but there's no rush to do this as I'm happy with what I have. In total agreement with your last sentence though!

She is a stunner! Very pretty :smile:

Gorgeous!!! I can imagine her with a little black cocktail dress!

Ooh I have serious bag envy!! I love sparkles and to have a sparkly lily is just fabulous!! [emoji7] Quite jealous!! [emoji3]

Where and when did you get her??

Ooh a fab thread! I've been reviewing my collection recently and took the plunge and sold a few. I just parted with my oak Tessie satchel, chocolate Zinia and LV pochette as they were all too small for me!!

I just can't seem to part with my raspberry bayswater even though I've only used her twice in 3 years. She was my first ever Mulberry and I hope I'll use her more in the future!!

2c776f25055105ec9c4dc3f9d6f65ef5.jpg

I adore all of my lilies and this was a style I wasn't even keen on at first! I've since collected three! [emoji7] I now have my eye out for a bright pink lily to join the family!! [emoji1] [emoji1]

ad7a81c41000edbb82cd5d0b0817464f.jpg

And finally I just love my sdrs! Practical and easy to get in and out of and just fab Mulberrys in my opinion!! [emoji7]

a094a3b157e6d9e77a9a91ddbcf49f1d.jpg

Ooh I have serious bag envy!! I love sparkles and to have a sparkly lily is just fabulous!! [emoji7] Quite jealous!! [emoji3]

Where and when did you get her??
From MyWardrobe in 2011, in the sale :smile: A real bargain and she still looks as good as new. Thank you everyone for the lovely words. I must wear her more.

Ooh a fab thread! I've been reviewing my collection recently and took the plunge and sold a few. I just parted with my oak Tessie satchel, chocolate Zinia and LV pochette as they were all too small for me!!

I just can't seem to part with my raspberry bayswater even though I've only used her twice in 3 years. She was my first ever Mulberry and I hope I'll use her more in the future!!

2c776f25055105ec9c4dc3f9d6f65ef5.jpg

I adore all of my lilies and this was a style I wasn't even keen on at first! I've since collected three! [emoji7] I now have my eye out for a bright pink lily to join the family!! [emoji1] [emoji1]

ad7a81c41000edbb82cd5d0b0817464f.jpg

And finally I just love my sdrs! Practical and easy to get in and out of and just fab Mulberrys in my opinion!! [emoji7]

a094a3b157e6d9e77a9a91ddbcf49f1d.jpg
Nice!

Hmm.
I find bright colored bays tricky.
But received poppy red one as gift.(not as bright as raspberry, but seemed so for me ;) )

The answer was scarves.
Buy a couple with same color as bag.
Then, whenever wear scarf, bag coordinates with outfit.
Becomes fun. And definitely use bag more--enjoying her a lot. :smile:

Ria2011 is master of scarf/bag coordination, imo.
May have some advice for choices/brands.