Which LV purchase did you regret?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Montaigne GM in monogram canvas - way too heavy. Also, the handles folding in - I thought this would be a great feature to get the handles out of the way for bad weather but the handles just kept flapping in my way and getting marked up when I put my things in the purse. I sold it.

Speedy 35 in classic monogram. I loved the space but it got too heavy just for hand carry. I sold this and got the 30 and it's much better.

I've read a lot of comments about vachetta and how horrible it is. I find the complete opposite although everyone has their own styles and tastes. I just wanted to say that I find vachetta very durable and while I'm the kind of person who takes care of her things - I don't have to baby my bags with vachetta. And I live in Michigan - which has some unpredictable and crazy weather.

foxylock likes this.
  2. Alma bb and Retiro Noir

3. I have come to regret the Turquoise SC PM. I had only seen it in pictures before - and when I finally got my hands on one in amazing condition, I found it is much too green for me. I don't find it to be a true turquoise color. Trying to sell it now. I am going to take a hit, but after owning it for 7 months - I have not carried it once. Every time I start to put things in it - I find that it does not bring my joy to even see it, let alone carry it.

4. How do you care for your vachetta? I prefer vachetta to treated leather since it's softer but I do worry about water stains etc

5. Lol! I love this bag so much. I've never been able to find one

6. I don't do anything. I'm too scared to put some after-market product on the vachetta although I hear many people do it without a problem.

7. may I ask why you regret the retiro purchase?

8. My Rivington GM. I should have gotten an estrella mm or something with a long strap. It was so beautiful and different at the store, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I do use it, not bery often and usually on summer days. I like a lot of room with the strap and when its colder days, it's uncomfortable for me. I have thought that in a few years if I still won't love it, I will sell it. It is in great condition since it is not used frequently. I also take care of my items.

9. Just curious to see what Louis Vuitton bags you have purchased and sold and why.

I have purchased and sold:
    Beverly GM monogram: this bag was so, so heavy and the buckle was a hassle to open and close.

Stresa GM monogram: The buckle was a hassle to open and close.

Galliera PM monogram: I think I outgrew the style and moved towards larger bags. The vachetta around the top of the bag is also very delicate and showed major discoloration and wear.

Galliera PM damier azur: same as the galliera monogram

Neverfull MM in monogram twice: this was my very first LV. I carried it for years and it showed major wear in the canvas and vachetta. It still sold for $400 on eBay. I really regretted selling the bag and repurchased a new one. I used it twice in a year. I wanted something more secure. Everytime I hit the brakes in my car, it would tip over and everything came out! I finally sold it again.

What I got instead:

Palermo GM monogram: this has been a great neverfull replacement and I love the security of the zipper. This was preloved.

Irene limited edition in monogram: this bag is so lux and chic. I love the tassels and gold iridescent drawstring. So easy to dress up! The bag has 2 sections separated by a secured zipper section in the middle. I can't say how much I love this bag.

Speedy 30 bandoliere in damier azur tahitienne: I had never been interested in the speedy before this print. Now I want all of the prints! I thought having the shoulder strap would be so much easier, but I enjoy carrying the bag in the crook of my arm. I would absolutely consider buying a preloved older style without the shoulder strap. What started out as just the new print ones design made me completely love this bag I once overlooked.

I have sold all of my bags on eBay and received very close to my asking prices. No major losses on any of my sales.

I also own the Eva in monogram and would never consider selling it! It's the best size and so comfortable.

I own the Stresa GM in damier azur and would never consider selling this even though I sold the monogram print. The print just works better with the style and the buckle is still a pain, but I love it!

I have my eye on the vernis alma (still considering color). The speedy made me realize that I shouldn't fear bags without a shoulder strap.

Please share bags you have sold or gotten rid of and why.

10. Oooohh I love this!

Here are mine:

Alma PM in Vernis Pomme D'amour: too big for the dressy/formal color

Speedy 35 in DE: too big esp as a handheld (replaced it with the b25 in the same print)

Retiro PM old model: beautiful bag, too much vachetta

Favorite PM in monogram: too small

chocopied likes this.
  11. You saved me from looking at the vernis alma in that color? I'm looking more neutral in color now. I also passed on the old retiro because of the vachetta. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

12. So far I've only sold three bags:

Estrela MM, lovely bag, very roomy and I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful vachetta develop patina, sold it because I didn't need a bag so big, also the straps pulled on the canvas and made me nervous.

Westmister GM, great tote, I really enjoyed the size and the classy look, sold it because I got the Totally PM and having both felt redundant.

Pochette Metis, I really enjoyed this bag for about 3 years, the glazing started peeling off so I had it repaired (LV fixed free of charge) like three months later the glazing started peeling again. I didn't want to be worrying about it and after much deliberation I finally let it go.

That's it so far :smile:

13. Happy to help :smile: I did chuckle when I saw it was up to 194 pages.

FAheartsLV721 and sayakayumi like this.