Which H bag for laptop?

+1 for GP36 - I've done it with my macbook pro 13", there is more than enough room.

also I think it can fit in B35 and K35 - but for K35 I wouldn't really use it for that purpose, I think the weight won't be good for the bag.

Reactions: Purseloco
+1 for GP36 - I've done it with my macbook pro 13", there is more than enough room.

also I think it can fit in B35 and K35 - but for K35 I wouldn't really use it for that purpose, I think the weight won't be good for the bag.
I agree I don't think a Kelly 35 would be a good computer bag!

Reactions: momoc
I agree I don't think a Kelly 35 would be a good computer bag!
+1. I don't think a top-handle is great for extra heavy/dense items in general - two handles are better. Bolide 35 is definitely large enough for 13" Mac.

This is just my personal preference, but when I need to bring along a work device, I either use an iPad with a lightweight keyboard (which can usually fit in ~30 cm+ bags) or if I really need the computer proper, I have a separate slim tote that just holds it and its doodads.

IMO a purse is a purse and I want it to stay that way, not try to also be a briefcase or a grocery sack.

Plume 32 would also fit a laptop, at least it fits mine (an Apple but don’t ask me which). No shoulder strap though.

+

IMO a purse is a purse and I want it to stay that way, not try to also be a briefcase or a grocery sack.

And yet that’s exactly what the Kelly originally was right, a briefcase? It was even called simply sac a depeches for decades before Grace Kelly came along. But I agree that weight is an important consideration with a one handle bag!

Last edited:
I want to purchase a Hermes bag for my laptop as well. Debating which model is best suited. Does anyone have photos of their laptop in their H bag? I have a macbook air 13" inch.
There's the new Kelly Depeche 36 which should fit laptops. :thinking: (credit: Tagwalk and reseller on Instagram)
sac-kelly-depaches-jpg.4408556

screenshot_20191212-181658_instagram-jpg.4612918

Perhaps @PolM can share since he just acquired one. :flowers:

There's the new Kelly Depeche 36 which should fit laptops. :thinking: (credit: Tagwalk and reseller on Instagram)
sac-kelly-depaches-jpg.4408556

screenshot_20191212-181658_instagram-jpg.4612918

Perhaps @PolM can share since he just acquired one. :flowers:

Hi all,

Technically speaking, it fits a 15" laptop, but, at least, in Epsom, it looks like the leather would strech. A 13" laptop would fit perfectly.

Best,

Reactions: Meta
So I swung by Hermès today to buy a refill for my lip balm, which they didn't have. The SA suggested I'd follow her so that she could show me something special, and lo and behold she produced a 35 cm Kelly in black Epsom with PHW. I said I need a bigger bag to fit my laptop, and don't really like Epsom, so she offered me another glass of champagne and went to get a 40 cm Kelly in black Togo with GHW. Beautiful bags, but I would prefer sellier (I think) and definitely PHW.

I've never carried a Kelly, but I'm comfortable enough to carry a somewhat unisex ladies' bag. The question is if a 40 cm Kelly can truly withstand the weight (and size) of a 16" MacBook Pro and other stuff you'd carry in your everyday bag? I'm not worried about stretching out the leather slightly, not worried about a bit of slouch, but I wouldn't want to deform it permanently.

Any opinions/advice, please?

Reactions: papertiger
Tbh, I don't know if I really want a Kelly bag. This was what she showed me, and it got me thinking. It is a beautiful bag, but I don't think it's a bag that really "sings" to me, so maybe I should just ignore its siren calls.
:biggrin:

I am not sure that the pressure on the Kelly turnlock is a good idea for an every-day bag. The first Kelly I ever held in my hand in 2006 was a 35 sellier in black epsom ph - definitely a great briefcase look. Took me 14 years to get back to that but still not as an everyday bag (and not epsom).
I tried Bolide 45 but I am too short for that - the search for the perfect work bag that ticks all the boxes continues...
For now, my preferred everyday bag to carry a laptop remains the H Double Sens

Reactions: Cheddar Cheese
I am not sure that the pressure on the Kelly turnlock is a good idea for an every-day bag. The first Kelly I ever held in my hand in 2006 was a 35 sellier in black epsom ph - definitely a great briefcase look. Took me 14 years to get back to that but still not as an everyday bag (and not epsom).
I tried Bolide 45 but I am too short for that - the search for the perfect work bag that ticks all the boxes continues...
For now, my preferred everyday bag to carry a laptop remains the H Double Sens

Don't you find the DS handles will stretch.

For me the best shape has got to ba a bag that is specifically made for the size and weight of the laptop. DH and I have the same laptop (Apple) but his is 12" and light, whereas mine is. bit older, 13" and heavier, just not worth risking bag or laptop IMO.

I'm sure H must make laptop bags, but have relegated them to the men's dept. I have to say a Sac Depeche in 38 would be fabulous, I've seen women carry them and look wonderful.

Reactions: lara0112
I think Steve meeting would be a great bag for laptop. It’s like the Steve messenger bag but with handles and two compartments. The main compartment looks like it could fit a laptop, depending on what size you go for.

Reactions: Ulf